Queens Park Away: 12 November

Robert

7 hours ago, Robert said:

The kick off time has changed to 1730 due to Stenhousemuir also playing at Ochilview that day (to East Fife if anyone wants a double header) and getting priority as it is their ground. 

Stenny are away that day. Syngenta are playing at home on the 12th.

42 minutes ago, RiG said:

Stenny are away that day. Syngenta are playing at home on the 12th.

How does this happen at such late notice, Stenhousemuir clearly at fault here, someone must have suddenly gone "oh sh#t!" in the last week, though how a championship team then gets to play 2nd fiddle is beyond me, I'm okay because I'm stopping overnight at Glasgow Airport but others?

28 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

How does this happen at such late notice, Stenhousemuir clearly at fault here, someone must have suddenly gone "oh sh#t!" in the last week, though how a championship team then gets to play 2nd fiddle is beyond me, I'm okay because I'm stopping overnight at Glasgow Airport but others?

How are they solely at fault? This clash has been known about for months and yet not one of the clubs or league organisers have done anything about it. Incredibly hard to blame just one party here. It's a cumulative cock up from all involved. 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

How are they solely at fault? This clash has been known about for months

There is evidence for that?  Do all clubs check all fixtures in Scotland in case of a clash?  I suppose there might - but only might - be someone at the SFA who has a list of all fixtures, but they probably don't check for clashes.

The person who should have known, and raised a red flag, is the person at Stenny who is responsible for the calendar of usage of the ground.  If they did give the clubs and leagues notice of this, and no subsequent action was taken, then they are in the clear.   But if they didn't....

Edited by snorbens_caleyman
typo
  • Agree 1

Other clashes have been resolved by Queens Park playing on the Friday evening, so that was probably assumed to be the outcome.

It looks like we voiced concerns about the impact that the suggested change would have on fans travelling down from Inverness and this is the compromise.

The club statement is here:

https://ictfc.com/kick-off-time-change-queens-park-v-ictfc-12-11-2022

Edited by Robert

35 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

There is evidence for that?  Do all clubs check all fixtures in Scotland in case of a clash?  I suppose there might - but only might - be someone at the SFA who has a list of all fixtures, but they probably don't check for clashes.

The person who should have known, and raised a red flag, is the person at Stenny who is responsible for the calendar of usage of the ground.  If they did give the clubs and leagues notice of this, and no subsequent action was taken, then they are in the clear.   But if they didn't....

The fixtures for the various leagues have been out for around 4 months. It would be extremely naïve for three clubs involved in a ground sharing agreement not to be looking ahead at possible fixture clashes especially Queens Park who (apparently) agreed to groundshare at Ochilview after there was already an agreement in place between Stenny and Syngenta. 

This is a good summary of the farcical situation that QP have left themselves and supporters in:

https://doingthe42.co.uk/?p=133

• Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

51 minutes ago, RiG said:

It would be extremely naïve for three clubs involved in a ground sharing agreement not to be looking ahead at possible fixture clashes especially Queens Park

I agree with that, though I still feel that the principal responsibility must rest with the organisation which manages "bookings" for the ground - ie Stenny - just as it would with any other type of venue.

That is a good article, pointing out the inconvenience caused to both sets of supporters, especially ours.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

I agree with that, though I still feel that the principal responsibility must rest with the organisation which manages "bookings" for the ground - ie Stenny - just as it would with any other type of venue.

That is a good article, pointing out the inconvenience caused to both sets of supporters, especially ours.

I doubt Stenny have any responsibility tbh? We obviously don't know the agreement with all the clubs but word is Syngenta have 1st dibs after themselves. Queens must have known this and agreed to this? 

One QP fan told me that Queens thought they could pay Syngenta to move but they refused  Obviously I have no idea if this alleged scenario is true but it seems a ridiculous situation for a 2nd tier club to be in. Begs the question what happens if an away club isn't as accommodating us?? 

22 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

I doubt Stenny have any responsibility tbh?

Sorry, I meant that Stenny surely should identify clashes and notify all concerned.  They must be best-placed to identify them.  I agree, of course, that they don't have any responsibility to sort it out if they are not involved in the clashing matches.

22 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Sorry, I meant that Stenny surely should identify clashes and notify all concerned.  They must be best-placed to identify them.  I agree, of course, that they don't have any responsibility to sort it out if they are not involved in the clashing matches.

Looks like someone should be in charge that's for sure!

• Agree 1

Imagine if QP get promoted and are still ground sharing next season.

I’m sure the first time the Ugly Sisters are due to visit, no one will care that Stenhousemuir or Sygenta games have to be changed to accommodate them.

In fact, I’d be surprised if they don’t suddenly get priority on all match times.

33 minutes ago, Robert said:

Imagine if QP get promoted and are still ground sharing next season.

I’m sure the first time the Ugly Sisters are due to visit, no one will care that Stenhousemuir or Sygenta games have to be changed to accommodate them.

In fact, I’d be surprised if they don’t suddenly get priority on all match times.

I don't think they'd be allowed up without a suitable ground tbh. That would rule Stennie out.