Arbroath at home Saturday

tm4tj

Absolutely awful football and fed up of the excuses BD will come out with. Coaching between the 3 of them has a lot to be desired these days and so very hard to watch . Another wasted season it looks like unless the club act NOW and not waste any more time.in getting shot of them . He clearly is upsetting his own players and things will get far worse no doubt .  It’s a lot of his players playing week in and week out and his tactics which clearly are not working ! BD is  Very Very lucky to have kept his job after last years mid season shambles and scraping playoffs really kept him in office . For me last year he had to go.

Now he really has to go and fast!

Show some ambition and balls chairman. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, caley1 said:

Absolutely awful football and fed up of the excuses BD will come out with. Coaching between the 3 of them has a lot to be desired these days and so very hard to watch . Another wasted season it looks like unless the club act NOW and not waste any more time.in getting shot of them . He clearly is upsetting his own players and things will get far worse no doubt .  It’s a lot of his players playing week in and week out and his tactics which clearly are not working ! BD is  Very Very lucky to have kept his job after last years mid season shambles and scraping playoffs really kept him in office . For me last year he had to go.

Now he really has to go and fast!

Show some ambition and balls chairman. 

Small squad. players out same rubbish as the last few weeks.

Only two subs used today. Give the young ones on a bench a chance. Tokely has spoken highly off the talent we have coming through at the moment even if it's for last 10 mins it's getting the game time and also giving out 1st players a break.

Match overview.........

Defensive Lapse

Inverness dropped to fifth in the table after a defensive lapse cost them all three points. Bottom club Arbroath had their task made easier with Dodds dropping Mark Ridgers to the bench. In a first half of few chances McKenna hit the post with a curling effort for the visitors with the keeper stranded. Doran curled a similar effort just over with Gaston stranded as Inverness grew into the game before the interval. Despite some home pressure, the final pass was always a touch too many and it was goalless at the break. Nathan Shaw opened the scoring after he met a flick on at the back post. Having worked hard to get ahead we gifted Arbroath a leveller after a wayward defensive header left Kieran Shanks through on goal to drill past a helpless Mackay. Gaston pulled off some tremendous saves from Harper, Duffy and Mckay and Arbroath finished with a wee flourish, but we held on for a point.

First half instantly forgettable.Showed more desire and tempo second half and flashes of some nice football.Said it before, Mackay and Oakley don't work up front.Thought we would go 4 5 1

Individual defensive error cost us 3 points.

Thought Shaw had one of his better games.Thats about it other than amazing that we are only 3 points off top.

We could have been a couple up by half time,but credit to their goalkeeper he had some good saves.

Overall,better than last week though that would no be hard,but think we have to remember that we are 9 first team lads down,so the fact we are in the mix still is good.Imagine if we had a full team.

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie

3 minutes ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

First half instantly forgettable.Showed more desire and tempo second half and flashes of some nice football.Said it before, Mackay and Oakley don't work up front.Thought we would go 4 5 1

Individual defensive error cost us 3 points.

Thought Shaw had one of his better games.Thats about it other than amazing that we are only 3 points off top.

Again

3 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Depends on what his ambitions and circumstances are - I simply don't know.  He is still only 25 - young for a goalkeeper - so I would guess that he could well still be hoping for first-team football somewhere.

His wife is expecting and he seems really settled imho. This drama is not needed. 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

I thought we were much better today than last week and created plenty chances, and should have taken several of them, with at least four decent saves from the Arbroath ‘keeper and several cases in the first half when players passed rather than taking good shooting opportunities.

We had 9 attempts on target out of 14 in total and on a different day would (and should) have won that comfortably.

When we went in front it was in a spell when we were totally dominant, but an error by Carson gifted Arbroath the equaliser and thereafter they pressed us back a bit.

I don’t know if we have a problem off the park (hopefully not and it is just that Ridgers’ form has dropped a bit) but I thought we had several key players who were low on confidence in the first half which meant they did not take shots on, with Mckay and Doran standing out for me in that regard. With the ball skidding off the pitch the way it was, it was a game calling out for shots on goal.

Mckay had two goal bound headers saved well, Duffy had one saved and I’ve no idea how the ‘goalie kept another goal bound effort out.

With 8 players out and only 2 points out of the last 12, we are only 3 points off the top, so if we can get players back and / or start taking our chances,   we can still be right in contention.

Everyone else is slipping up too, which is helping us.

MacKay had no chance with the goal or the one that hit the post, and there was less route 1 from him.

Other than Carson’s mistake, the defence was pretty secure, with Duffy starting a few forward moves whilst Delaney continues to catch the eye.

Welsh was more like his old self, whilst I didn’t realise Scott Allan was on the park until he was hooked. Harper was looking to get shots away, but not his best game this season.

Shaw had probably his best game for us and followed in well for the goal. Doran sometimes did take players on but seemed a bit shot shy. Mckay worked hard and could have had a hat trick but seemed reluctant to shoot in the first half. Oakley did what Oakley does but strayed offside too often.

To sum up, better but still not good enough, but we are in touch and should be capable of climbing the league.

Shooting practice is needed before next Saturday’s game.

• Like 2

Nathan Shaw was by far our best option going forward.

Cannot believe we are still playing one of our most physical central midfield players at right back and our left back in central midfield. Absolutely criminal we never replaced Rooney and that is one f**ck up Dodds cant dodge.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, forresjags said:

and our left back in central midfield.

Delaney is a better left back than Harper, who seems to be revelling in the midfield role. I can see him settling into a left sided attacking role once we have more options available to us.

I agree we need bite in midfield. Welsh being back is helping but we are really missing Allardice.

Some updates from the club about how long players will be out for would be helpful. 

18 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Tbh there wasn't much wrong with that team. I think the system was at fault 

The system that served up so many chances and only beat the keeper once?

You could tell where Arbroath are in the league by the number of clear chances we created agsibst them in the second half. Most other teams in the division would have put two or three of these chances away.

Gaston got Arbroath a point today along with Carson's rush of blood to the head 🙈  Not convinced about dropping Ridgers. It will all come out in the wash hopefully. Good to see Welsh back. Still all to play for. Dust them down and see who is standing for next week and go again. Bish bash bosh. ....

Agree that we ought to have won that today. Is that not what makes football endlessly interesting that we didn't. Now then now then 😁 ha ha. Be unique just like everyone else... Good effort in the circumstances and I will go on record as saying well done men. Bring it on...😃

• tm4tj unpinned this topic