Queens at Ochilview + Live Stream

IBM

The possession stat is astonishing, but a 2-1 defeat is one of the better results we could realistically have hoped for before kick off give the current malaise and lengthy injury list.

The half time score naturally gave rise to optimism but there was little chance of us keeping a clean sheet, so it was a question of whether we could somehow cling on for a draw. Difficult times and no sign of turning the corner.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

The possession stat is astonishing, but a 2-1 defeat is one of the better results we could realistically have hoped for before kick off give the current malaise and lengthy injury list.

The half time score naturally gave rise to optimism but there was little chance of us keeping a clean sheet, so it was a question of whether we could somehow cling on for a draw. Difficult times and no sign of turning the corner.

Having watched the game Queens were the better side and deserved the win but I think the BBC stats are not a true reflection of the game.

With the squad that we had today I would rather have started with Boyd over Doran but don't think it would have altered the result.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Like the Morton and Hamilton games all those starting 11s should've been able to take care of them. 

Can't keep using injury's as an excuse

• Agree 1

Absolute garbage!

Total lack of cohesion.

Unable to string passes together.

Unable to keep possession.

Unable to score more than one goal per match, and usually less.

No tactics.

No fight.

And frankly, I don't buy this "huge injury list" thing - that's been the excuse for the last 3 seasons now. Anybody playing for ICT must have achieved a certain standard before getting in the door. The players on the pitch all have the required individual skills - they just don't seem to be working in the same direction.

I've been reluctant to criticise so far, but tonight's shambles just tipped me over the edge. We never looked like winning, even when we were one-up.

When I pay to see a game I expect some kind of entertainment for my money. This season I just feel I'm being ripped off!

Edited by buckett
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, IBM said:

Having watched the game Queens were the better side and deserved the win but I think the BBC stats are not a true reflection of the game.

With the squad that we had today I would rather have started with Boyd over Doran but don't think it would have altered the result.

For once I actually believe the BBC's version of events. We saw plenty of the second half standing behind the goals because we never got out our own half. Queens looked really good, I thought their movement off the ball was tremendous, but when we got the ball we just gave it back to them. It could have been a lot more. We were absolutely garbage. Disgraceful. Even a depleted side should show a bit of fight.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Robert said:

Has Dodds lost the dressing room, with some players not giving 100% as a result?

He has....    Much unrest according to my source....   don't ask.

For Mantis to call it as such worries me.

• Agree 3

Beyond embarrassing.

I'm giving travelling to watch garbage like that a rest until 2023.

Total shake up needed at the club : I've actually given up trying to think back when I actually watched a decent ICT footballing display (win, draw or lose).

• Well Said 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic