Queens at Ochilview + Live Stream

IBM

Enough is enough! We were absolutely garbage yet again and this situation simply  cannot be allowed to continue. I get the fact that we have a depleted squad but the manner of the performances are completely uncceptable and we are categorically never getting out of this league with Dodds in charge. I would love our esteemed CEO and Manager to illuminate us as to why we chose not to bring in loanees at the end of September when we were already facing a lengthy injury list. The fact that we're also naming 16 and 17 year olds on the bench when we have a number of slightly more experienced players out on loan is a similar mystery to me. Time to go!

• Agree 3

They say you get what you pay for, and let's be honest, Dodds was the cheap option. Lived locally, knows the hierarchy and helped out McCann last season. It's as plain as the nose on your face that Dodds is no tactician. Some of his formations, lineups and substitutions are baffling to most supporters, and not having a plan B is criminal, but then again, most supporters I talk to say he doesn't have a plan A.

If we can get through this season still being in this league, it will be a bonus. 2 points out of the last 15 is relegation form. A good coach would know how to set a team up not to get beat when times are rough and play to our strengths, but maybe there are things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. The Ridgers situation could be the tip of the iceberg. Dodds handled that abysmally, surely the club can't be happy with him throwing Ridgers under the bus on live TV? Has he, or is he losing the dressing room, because some of the performances have been woeful. If a lot of supporters hadn't have bought season tickets, I think you'd see a even more depressing attendance at games. I can't see anything changing soon, so expect this to the bitter end of the season, and then? Who knows.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, ymip said:

CEO and Manager

Too much nepotism at play

Said last year reaching the play offs after the mid season collapse just papered over the cracks and would give him another shot this season. Injury excuses will keep coming and if its the same outcome this season nothing will change.

This is like last year a poor championship, low quality teams throughout which makes competitive and entertaining but we are not capitalising. Last year killie lost a quarter of the games yet still won the league and now look to be getting found out in the Premiership.....I expect the same again.

• Agree 3

The club’s report:

https://ictfc.com/match-report-queens-park-2-1-ictfc-13-11-2022

And that of our “hosts”:

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/queens-park-2-inverness-caley-thistle-1/

Our Manager’s thoughts:

https://ictfc.com/match-reaction-billy-dodds-queens-park-2-1-ictfc-12-11-2022 

Interesting assessment given we are the third lowest scorers in the league and have the third best defensive record. To me the issue is that we are not scoring enough, rather than being fragile. 

Edited by Robert

3 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I’m trying to think of some positives, and all I can come up with just now is that at least we aren’t losing players to World Cup squad call ups!

I actually think everyone would welcome a break at the moment? Shame the Championship carries on and probably the misery with it! 

• Agree 3

19 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

I actually think everyone would welcome a break at the moment? Shame the Championship carries on and probably the misery with it! 

I had a laugh when I heard the Rangers manager speaking before their game on Saturday saying the players were needing a rest!  No complaints about the money coming in from the europe games and the massive squad they have compared to the other teams.

Also, the team over the bridge are looking forward to having a rest and getting the injured players back for some 'warm weather training' before the games commence in December.  This mild spell must be going to continue for a few weeks :wink:

• Funny 2

I'm not convinced about the BBC’s possession stats, not from the first half, where I thought we did OK, against a very direct [and I don't mean hoof] Queens Park. 2nd half it did feel like endless corners for QP though. 2nd half Queens Park basically did what they did in the first half, but much more of it, constantly running at the wings, or running cross field carrying the ball, before running straight at our Centre Backs. They got lots of dangerous crosses in, the equaliser was inevitable, and then strangely we had three decent attacks in succession, without a decent result, then Queens Park came up our end again and stuck another challenging cross in and bang that was the 2nd goal.

Most of the time our final pass forward was poor, which set Queens Park off on another attack [occasionally we would get a penetrating pass in, but I think we played better against Morton!]. In some respects given the amount of defending we had to do Duffy and Ram came out of the game with some useful defending 'experience', probably beneficial in the long run! Delaney was given a torrid time on his side, but stuck to it, although he was probably relieved to hobble off, but hopefully nothing serious.

Given what Dodds had on his bench, Im not sure what he could have really done, Boyd came on for the ineffective Oakley, but that made only a little difference. He could have put Hyde earlier in a 3 man midfield, but we tend to forget how little experience he actually has. Shaw did pretty well, considering and Billy was pretty decent I thought. I'd rather see Carson further forward, but some of his crosses leave a lot to be desired, when you compare what Queens Park were sending in.

Gosh though, we miss Samuels, Daniel Mackay and Sutherland, speed, craft and goals/effort respectively, and that's before Allardice and MacGregor. And oh for Logan Chalmers and Reece Maclear, we're missing a few goals from last season!

The match pretty much confirmed my view that we're in for a slog until the new year, when we need to get some reinforcements in, on top of some players returning. Dodds somehow has to find some goals in the team until then.

Given the attendance of 600ish we seemed to have a decent percentage of that, and noisy too, it was a bit of a weird trip up, and seems not even Queens Park fans take the train from Glasgow, but it was ‘fun’ despite the result

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic