The Last Post

Guest Suspicious Mind

oh my!!!

have i gone and killed another thread!?!  :017:

sophia, looks like howdi needs me more than you do so i shall head off down the M6 toot sweet!

80 replies and 1667 lookys.... i really MUST read this thread tonight!  you can all await my sensible response!  :024:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regard to the Orange Walk, I have no issue with anyone choosing whichever religion they see fit, what bothers me is that they have this need to want to ram it down the throats of everyone else.

You can also bet that their was a fairly substantial percentage of those marching that know very little about the routes of the Walk and just saw it as an excuse to parade themselves through the town in a Rangers top.  Not only were they making utter t!ts of themselves, but they only serve to make a mockery of the Walk and what it SHOULD represent.

I guess I would likely be more tolerant of it (the Orange Walk) if it wasn't for the fact that it, like the Union Jack, has been hijacked by football neanderthals as a way of winding up and provoking the opposition.

One final note, those idiots who turned up in Celtic tops to follow the Walk and taunt the participants are just as bad.

It really is the last thing any "normal" person would want to see in Inverness. These displays of wanton hatred & bigotry have their roots in Glasgow & Belfast and there they should remain...

I've just been reading in the Courier that the organisers of this parade deliberately kept the whole thing a secret until last Thursday - claiming that the media always try & stir up controversy over these issues.

The march was arranged between the organisers, Highland Council and the police....And yet no one was told about it until two days before it happened...

I think the whole thing utterly stinks...

I will be contacting Highland Council & the police to make my feelings known.... Why in the name of God do we have to have Rangers & Celtic supporters making complete erses of themselves parading through the streets of Inverness?

Hey guys and gals, have never been into soap operas but this ones a pretty good read, you couldn't make some of it up if you tried....By the way hows the footy doing just lately.      :024:

PS Thats not to say that in between the nonsence theres some pretty good points and valid debate.

Agree with both caleyD & Johnboy in the last two posts.

(That is not a play on the original subject heading honest)

Inverness is where I was born and bred and where my HEART will always be. My first daughter was born in Inverness and moved when she was 18 months old - despite the fact that she will never move from Manchester she says that her heart belongs in Sneck and it brings a tear to her eye as she comes down the hill from Daviot. She is proud of her heritage and she will always be Scottish and Invernessian.

TRUE Invernessian is BORN AND BRED in Inverness. You can call yerselves Invernessians by living here and supporting our dear city, and I will respect ya all fer that. Ya can support the team and I wholly respect ya fer that.

Supporters of ICT from all over the world - I totally respect and I admire and I will always welcome.

INVERNESSIAN is a birth right .  :022:

JohnBoy - with the exception of one word your last comment has nothing to do with the subject. :018:

If you or anyone else wants to carry on a sarcastic or verbally abusive session with another poster please do it by private messaging.

Scotty...

I think The Immortal Howden Ender is probably the last person who would have taken offence at that last post of mine. It was an attempt at humour - but I'll will remove it along with others from this topic in a similar vein, lest it offends anyone else's sense of propriety...

I'm not sure what you think the subject of this topic (The Last Post) should be about anyway... I thought it could develop into a thread for instigating any kind of general debate on any topical matter.... but whatever.... I'll bow out of this now and leave you with this comment from near the beginning of this thread... :006: 

And its feckin goodbye from the "usual suspect" - the problem with the site now is that it is mainly populated with little feckin pompous, politically correct erseholes who have no feckin sense of humour and feel that there opinion is always right. :010:

I have no problem with anyone taking topics in the direction they want so long as it is actually a discussion and reasonably relevant to the actual topic ... this one has gone in several directions over the last few days and to be honest, I am also not sure exactly what its about - outrage at opinions ? Racism ? Sectarianism ? They have all been covered in here. However, what it is not is a platform to throw out abuse to other posters regardless of who they are.

I am getting fed up to the back teeth with posters who consistently and systematically use threads as an opportunity to abuse others. You might find it funny to bait IHE in here and you are probably quite correct in saying that he probably wouldnt take offence to your comments as he takes as much abuse as he dishes out and is no angel himself. However, the rest of us dont really want to read this nonsense and drivel and quite frankly its not funny. There is a private messaging system on here as well as a chatroom - if you want to slag each other off, do it in there.

If that makes me on of the "little feckin pompous, politically correct erseholes who have no feckin sense of humour" then so be it.

Hey!!!! We could have a whole new debate on what the attributes of "little feckin pompous, politically correct erseholes who have no feckin sense of humour" are. :003:

Seems to me that we've reached the stage in the football season where there's little or nothing to say about football so all the drivel being written is becoming a way of passing the time till the start of the new campaign.

Holy Smokes, what a hornet's nest this has turned out to be since I last viewed the posts on the 11 April.

I get your point Buckett about the Black man being stared at in Inverness. Since Black men and women are here  in abundance, just down the road in the States, you see them constantly on TV so when they first started to appear in person in Vancouver about twenty years ago we just raised an eyebrow and looked looked with interest- but surreptitiously. Now with the film companies having set up shop permanently  in Vancouver there are a lot more blacks around and they just mix in with everyone else. Inverness is a much smaller community though and so your locals will probably feel differently than us to strangers.

Once you get talking to people of a different culture and really get to know them then suddenly one day you wake up and you  realise that you have completely forgotten what they look like and just think of them by their first name. One of my best friends is East Indian by the name of Ravi Kailey and he said if I would attend an East Indian wedding in the kilt he would change his name to Ravie Ceilidh!  Ha!

I did attend the wedding but stood out like a sore thumb  but who cares--the whole thing was much too fascinating and interesting to worry about things like that. We were welcomed warmly by everyone there and made to feel very comfortable being  treated as part of the family . Point being that when you make the effort to integrate and get along people respond very well.

:003:

I dont get this "black man in the street" thing. I certainly dont stare! I actually like to see em and I love their cultures . I think however, the difficulty I and many others have, is the speed at which so many people have arrived in the area over the last 2 yrs. Am sure i read that Invernress area last year, had 5000 migrants arrive. Thats believeable walking up the town with eyes open. And considering the existing problems with housing etc, it is causing animosity, especially when the council comes out and say they are going to provide them with better quality housing, as they dont want to cause more problems in existing problem areas. Thats just wrong! But, hey.....thats the council for ya!!

oh my!!!

as you know i canna be bothered reading all the thread, i did say i would have a go, but i bore easy and got to the third post so i read the last one instead.....  so forgive if i am going over old ground here!

yes that is the council problem, but at the end of the day it is all our issue.

housing, working, and general living together.

working....no point in complaining about the 'migrants' taking all our jobs if we canna be bothered getting off our butts and doing them ourselves.

housing.... everyone deserves a roof over their head and a place to feel safe and there should be no discrimination (in my little ideal world!)

living..... if you are an erse and you happen to be polish, or black or catholic or a jew..... or indeed an inverneeshin, im sorry, but you are still an erse or a.. "little feckin pompous, politically correct erseholes who have no feckin sense of humour" as seems to be the thread!

personally, i take folk as i find them, be nice to me and i am nice back, if you are an erse, i just choose to avoid you, irrelivant of your creed or colour.

now i need to go lie down as i feel faint after posting sense!!!  :003:

oh my!!!

if you are an erse and you happen to be polish, or black or catholic or a jew..... or indeed an inverneeshin, im sorry, but you are still an erse or a.. "little feckin pompous, politically correct erseholes who have no feckin sense of humour" as seems to be the thread!

personally, i take folk as i find them, be nice to me and i am nice back, if you are an erse, i just choose to avoid you, irrelivant of your creed or colour.

Is that not being "erseist"?.......

have to say im sad to hear the orange walk went ahead, heard two weekends ago it couldve possibly been moved elsewhere away from the center

if the above, resentment of polish imigrants, racism and everything else this topic has trudged over is the inverness most of you seem to be proud of hailin from then im disapointed.

ill probably always consider the west side of the river (ferry, dalneigh, merkinch) to be home no matter where i am or end up, im not shy in telling people im from inverness but id never wear it as a badge around the world or be proud of it