Cold ICT v Hot Ayr

No Shin Guards

Is anyone looking forward to this match?!

Cards on the table, I’ve got money on us losing and I’m expecting it to be the easiest money I’ve ever made. I’d love nothing more than to see us take something from the game but I think we are still a few players away from being able to be competitive against the better sides in the league.

I think we all approach it in hope rather than expectation, but it is time to show full support and encouragement to the 11 starters and whoever are on our bench (if anyone!). 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Robert said:

I think we all approach it in hope rather than expectation, but it is time to show full support and encouragement to the 11 starters and whoever are on our bench (if anyone!). 

I couldn't agree more. 

• Like 1

Watching ICT so far this season,  has been one devoid of any excitement. There have been previous seasons where we have been beaten, but put up a hell of a performance in the process, and I remember in one game, playing Hearts off the park and coming away with a point. But I can't think of one performance this season that has got me off my seat. We go to the matches now saying things like 'I'll take a point now', and that's what I feel for tomorrow's game, and I'm sure most supporters would think the same.

When the chips are down, and our backs are against the wall, we have to set up to be hard to beat, be compact and not be so open. If we do manage to get ahead in this match, our game management must be so much better than it has been in previous games, because if they score first, there is no way we are scoring more than one going by our average goals per game ratio.

So, I really really hope for a win, but I will take a point right now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

There's definitely been a shift in mood over the last few weeks. It's weird to think that so many people are unhappy given that we aren't that far off a play off position (at least). For me though I am very concerned about the performances of late and issues off the pitch. You could argue Dodds has some kind of get out with recent injuries but I feel we've been playing really poorly for a long time now even before we started losing players to injury. It's been a tough watch even with results being not too bad a month or so ago. But it's a hard push to say what we've seen is entertaining which is why a lot of people like to go to a game. Off the pitch rumours swirl about altercations in the dressing room, players wanting to leave, jobs for the boys, the concert fiasco...it's all a bit grim really.

• Well Said 4

2 hours ago, RiG said:

There's definitely been a shift in mood over the last few weeks. It's weird to think that so many people are unhappy given that we aren't that far off a play off position (at least). For me though I am very concerned about the performances of late and issues off the pitch. You could argue Dodds has some kind of get out with recent injuries but I feel we've been playing really poorly for a long time now even before we started losing players to injury. It's been a tough watch even with results being not too bad a month or so ago. But it's a hard push to say what we've seen is entertaining which is why a lot of people like to go to a game. Off the pitch rumours swirl about altercations in the dressing room, players wanting to leave, jobs for the boys, the concert fiasco...it's all a bit grim really.

Aye! It’s posts like this that Add to the grime!  
Obviously I might be wrong but todays game even if we lose might tell us about how we are coping!

Ayr weren't great in their last game but they can score goals without playing well; a good skill for a team. So with that in mind if we defend well and take any chances we get then it could be closer than everyone is anticipating. Go forth and multiply...😃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GaliantGrunt said:

Obviously I might be wrong but todays game even if we lose might tell us about how we are coping!

Given that would make it 6 games without a win I think that would make it pretty obvious how we are coping right now. 

Edited by RiG

On 11/16/2022 at 5:32 PM, Robert said:

I didn’t see Saturday’s game and I may miss the start this week as delivering furniture for my mother in law, but we need a good crowd to get behind the players from as soon as they come out of the tunnel. Hopefully Section 94 are there in numbers and make themselves heard and the drummer is in the North Stand.

Some players are low on confidence, so it is time to get behind them rather than being critical.

If we have any of our casualties back, that is a bonus. Any word on Devine, Allardice, MacGregor, Mackay or Samuels? Some of them can make a real difference if available. Similarly, hopefully Delaney has recovered from his knock.

If there has been something wrong behind the scenes, hopefully it is sorted by now.

I know many are dissatisfied with Dodds, and justifiably so, but this league is still there for the taking if we can get back on track. However, this is close to a must win game, it is certainly a must not lose game, as we don’t want to be 9 points off the pace at this stage.

Does your Mother in Law need any furniture moved this afternoon?

Given the injuries I am happy to take the draw. It could have been a whole lot worse. That said, everyone has been screaming to get another defender and Dodds ignored the useful advice, and now we are suffering as a result. That shows a lack of experience on Dodds part. I don't feel he is the one to take us up in all honesty. If we did go up, his lack of experience would see us getting pumped every week. A good time to get rid is before the transfer window opens.

Edited by BlockedonTwitter

That's actually better than I've seen us play for a while. Getting Devine and Welsh back at least allows round pegs in round holes. Squad is still way too light. Thought Doran had his best game in ages really unlucky with the shot that hit the crossbar, Shaw his best game for us. Chalmers transformed the game for them when he came on. I'll personally take that point with another weeks recovery time. 

• Agree 8

Two mistakes led to both Ayr goals so we were slightly unfortunate not to take 3 points. A better performance and two well taken goals from Shaw. Ayr full strength couldn't get a win. Agree Chalmers caused problems for us. Early signs we may be turning a corner...need to get round it and up the road a bit..😃

• Agree 3

That was much better. We had the beating of Ayr and could have been further ahead before they equalised.

Shaw took his goals well, but both Ayr goals could have been stopped. Chalmers knew he had the beating of Harper and that created the first, whilst the second came from us dithering and getting caught out at the back.

Carson and Welsh in midfield made us competitive, but we still played too many long high balls which simply gave up possession cheaply.

I’m much more positive tonight as I saw desire and commitment from all 13 who played.

I caught Dodds’ interview on Sportsound on my way home, and Devine would not normally have played as he is not fit yet, but he wanted to and was MoM for me. Welsh played with a bruised dead leg, and in normal times wouldn’t have started either.

We could easily have won, we could easily have lost, but I will take the point.

My belief is back that we will not be far away by the end of the season. Hopefully after the cup game we have some more players back. 

Edited by Robert

Well said Robert. I wonder if the perpetual moaners on this forum actually go to some of the games as their comments are well out of order and they would be better supporting the team and management rather than criticising every move. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Well Said 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic