Stirling Albion - Scottish Cup

tm4tj

7 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Saw Status Quo in the End of the Road Tour 1984 at the Caird Hall Dundee, what a gig!, but I couldn't hear for a week after it and I think that's why I have Tinnitus now, so maybe that's why I shout so much this season, because of the ringing in my ears,....or maybe there's another reason!

They were surprisingly good. Francis Rossi did close to two hours flat out despite being 74 and never missed a note.

I’d hoped to get back for the game but it wasn’t worth the risk.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Robert said:

They were surprisingly good. Francis Rossi did close to two hours flat out despite being 74 and never missed a note.

It definitely wasn't worth getting there, a very poor display and no atmosphere, only 700 odd attendance. 

Stirling Albion certainly took the game to us at times and may feel they deserved at least a draw. However we scored goals at important points in the game to secure victory. A great save from Cammy towards the end. Does anyone know why we pack the goal line at corners ? We did get a goal yesterday but the tactic rarely produces so why persist with it ? 

2 hours ago, Robert said:

To be fair he only has to remember two chords.

• Funny 2

Hopefully the club will open up the North Stand for this tie and make it look as though they actually want fans to come and support the team in a competition we actually won a few years ago.   It's not the most attractive tie but it is eminently winnable.  We need a good run in the cup to get a bit of a buzz around the city for the team.  Hopefully club and fans can come together to get the cup spirit back for this one.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

The decision not to open the other stands on Sat was vindicated by the poor crowd, but its impossible to know if this was because of: lack of glamour in the opposition, cost of living starting to bite and folks not having additional funds beyond ST's, the run up to xmas and the chance to go shopping or the fact the WC is on an football is free on TV for now.

Overall the attendance figures across all SC games was poor and I do think the SFA & clubs missed a chance here to tap into fans by advertising better, creating interest and lower prices - there will be some Premiership fans who could have been pulled through the door of a local game. Half closed stadiums and no TV coverage (maybe I missed it but what happened to highlights programs) for Scotland's top cup competition does suggest a lack of enthusiasm which the public feed off.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Half closed stadiums and no TV coverage (maybe I missed it but what happened to highlights programs

I wondered this as well. Was on the lookout for highlights programs but couldn't find any. Pretty disappointing.

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I wondered this as well. Was on the lookout for highlights programs but couldn't find any. Pretty disappointing.

There will be highlights in the next round with the big teams in it. They simply don’t care about the smaller. teams who should be getting a bit of coverage although it would only be a few minutes 

On 11/27/2022 at 5:47 PM, tm4tj said:

Plenty of highlights available on the above Twitter account, goal of round, results etc. 

The media outlets have changed massively over the years and the Scottish Cup will be one of them...

It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

• tm4tj unpinned this topic