Kingsmills - RIP

Scotty

It is with great sadness that we let everyone know of the passing of one of our site moderators 'Kingsmills'. Colin had been a member of the site for many years, definitely someone you would consider one of the originals. He was also a moderator on the site for much of his time here. Like all mods, he had his fair share of run-ins with some posters but as far as I am concerned always handled things pretty fairly. 

To my knowledge, I had never met Colin in person as I had already moved to Canada when he became a mod and we never (knowingly) crossed paths at the stadium but in email or PM dealings with him it was always pleasant. Condolences and respects to his family and friends.   

• Thank You 16
  • Sad 2

I was aware of this. Can I add my condolences. Another site stalwart bites the dust.....this is always hard to hear. No matter what you think of someones contributions, a quarter of a century of input must be applauded. I always enjoyed Kingsmills; like Scotty I dont think we ever crossed paths . Thanks for all your efforts over the years and may you rest in peace.

• Thank You 3

This is such sad news. I always liked his contributions and opinions on this site, and had recently missed his views on all things related to the club. I often wondered if our paths ever crossed, at the wonderful park whose name they both shared, and being a fellow Jaggie since 1970, who knows?

RIP Kingsmills 🔴⚫🔴⚫

• Like 1

So sad. It really says something, to read about how few of the people who chatted with Kingsmills online, knew him in the real world. On this site, he seemed be known well by everyone, I just thought that everyone must know him really well. I suppose in a way we did... Rest in Peace friend.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I would like to pay my respects to Kingsmills. I dont post much on here these days, but i go way back, in all the different incarnations that this forum has had...and I recall Kingsmills being around for much of that time. RIP Fella

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I evidently have not been on here for a while but I am truly shocked at reading this. We had our differences, we never met, I would not have recognised him if we had met - but he had become an integral part of this site and it probably was a major part of his life and enjoyment - O2B 😎

• Like 2

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic