The Dee at home 3rd Dec

tm4tj

The match day experience for the majority of us not fortunate to even be offered or afford hospitality has been pretty grim for years. This is not appealing to many and they have rightly given priority to other things like shopping or just staying at home. Yesterday the atmosphere was dire and almost lifeless.

The Centenary Club also used to offer much better prizes and events than it does now. The Christmas draw is a huge disappointment and whatever happened to the kids cinema events and parties? I think these had stopped long before Covid.

On the playing front if we don't start winning soon we can forget the promotion play offs and try to avoid being sucked into the relegation ones.

Personally, I don't think our highly paid CEO, Sporting Director or Head Coach give me the impression or confidence that they will get the club out of the current spiral of decline.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, old caley girl said:

I'd assume the CEO would have agrees to what edit went out. 

I've not been involved in the last couple of pods due to other commitments and I've not had a chance to listen to the recent releases but the CEO has not, in the past, asked for anything to be edited or asked to approve what goes out so I see no reason why that would have changed. 

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

I've not been involved in the last couple of pods due to other commitments and I've not had a chance to listen to the recent releases but the CEO has not, in the past, asked for anything to be edited or asked to approve what goes out so I see no reason why that would have changed. 

OK. I accept that. Pleasantly surprised actually. 

• Thank You 1

I really didn’t enjoy the Dundee game. Someone needs to man manage Carson to stop him trying long passes, that’s what led up to the goal. The team generally felt like they were trying to play beyond their limited capability. 

It was our kitman Jack’s last home game before he departs for pastures new. I’d have thought at least a mention on the tannoy would have been in order for the over seven years of service he has given. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

44 minutes ago, Northern_jaggie said:

I really didn’t enjoy the Dundee game. Someone needs to man manage Carson to stop him trying long passes, that’s what led up to the goal. The team generally felt like they were trying to play beyond their limited capability. 

It was our kitman Jack’s last home game before he departs for pastures new. I’d have thought at least a mention on the tannoy would have been in order for the over seven years of service he has given. 

Totally agree. Hope you enjoys his new job at Aberdeen FC 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Northern_jaggie said:

It's the little things like not mentioning Jack that highlights the lack of camaraderie within the club for those that carry out day to day essential roles. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Northern_jaggie said:

Totally agree, the club is really bad at those things, again, these things don't take much to do, but mean a lot. It's another case of how bad communication is with the club, any other club would have informed us of a longtime kitman leaving. It was the same when James Vincent rejoined the club, I expected the announcer to really make a big deal of it when he read the team lines out, or for him to run out last to take the adulation of the supporters for our returning Scottish Cup hero, but nothing. Whoever is in charge of communication or public relations at the club, maybe needs to go on a refresher course.

• Like 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic