Kids at Accies preview

tm4tj

Kidz Kup

By all accounts, a young Inverness XI will travel to Hamilton to play Accies in the SPFL Trust Trophy amid a controversial decision by the Caley Jags to try and rest players as an unprecedented injury crisis ravages the club. The game is scheduled for a 3:00pm start on Saturday. Here's the Official Statement from the club. Despite this, the Supporters Club are still running a bus to Hamilton at 10:00am to get behind whoever will be taking to the field in the name of Inverness Caledonian Thistle. Match tickets are priced at an amazing Xmas special of £3:00. Ryan Esson will be in charge of the young team as far as I know. Good luck guys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ICTFC ACADEMY TWITTER ACCOUNT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well done to the ICT Supporters Travel Club who are backing the players whether they are 16 or 36 :clapoverhead:

Book your seats HERE or call 07462 218717 to get a seat on the bus.

At the risk of facing a backlash from the authorities Inverness have let their intentions be known that they will be massively understrength for this SPFL Trust Trophy game. They are looking at the bigger picture which is obviously the Championship, but I wonder what the sponsors feel about this.

It's difficult to conjure up a meaningful preview for this one given that the Official Site has little to no information regarding the u18 squad. I imagine the squad will have the likes of out of favour keeper Mark Ridgers in goal, or maybe not as they must have an u18 keeper of their own. It's probably best for you to make up your own preview for this one as off the field ICTFC are fast becoming less media friendly than Welfare League clubs of the 70's. Come on guys, time to get your act together. 

I'll try and find out more, but it needs to be released by the club before we can find out who or what are our likely squad players for this weekend. I'll wait...just like I have to do every weekend as we are normally the last team to release squad details. Pull your socks up.

Anyway, good luck to whoever plays in this one, can't really do much worse than the present crop of first team substitutes who have struggled recently.

Here's Ryan to give us an insight into the predicament.

This was one of the more recent releases by the club regarding the u18's.

Not sure how Accies will react to our plight but they also have a job to do. 

Here's Eck's insight》》》

No new signings have arrived at New Douglas Park.

Manager (at the moment) John Rankin has some injury worries in the midfield area with Lewis Spence and Marley Redfern both out with knee injuries. Lucas De Bolle is out with concussion and not expected back in action until the end of the year.

• Thank You 3

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic

Your efforts to post something of a preview are greatly appreciated down here. Our club seem intent on distancing themselves from the fan base. Sad times. It's as if we don't exist. Hopefully these young lads can put on a show and get a favorable result and avoid a gubbing. Good luck to them all.

• Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Well Said 1

Hard to get enthusiastic about tomorrow’s game but I hope the youngsters acquit themselves well and, who knows, they could surprise Hamilton.

I’m looking forward to the views of those able to attend.

• Agree 3

ImagePretty much a youth team with Ridgers in goal and recent loan signing Ryan Barrett starting. Plenty good young players starting, Good luck to them today. M

Mon the Caley Jags :ictscarf:

May be an image of text

That’s shocking that Ridgers is not captain as the only senior pro in the team other than new signing Barrett (who is on a short term contract rather than being on loan).

Is Strachan captain of the Under 18s?

We are one down due to an own goal by Nixon in the fourth minute. A sad start to the youngster’s debut. 

Edited by Robert

3’ GOAL Accies 1-0 v ICT it’s an own goal after De Bolle’s low cross from close range is turned over the line by the keeper and defender
6' | 1-0 Close to an equaliser! Calum MacKay does fantastic down the left and his cross finds Proudfoot in the box and it then balls to Keith
Bray but his diving header is tipped wide by Jamie Smith
8' | 1-0 Close again for Caley Thistle! Calum MacKay is played through on goal by Aaron Nicolson but his effort hits the side netting and goes behind.
18' | 1-0 Ryan One sees his header go over the bar from close range for Accies
19' | 1-0 Andy Winter sees his effort deflect just past the post and go behind for a corner. ICT get resulting corner clear.
24' | 1-0 Close! Calum MacKay picks out Aaron Nicolson in the box from his corner but the striker's effort is just wide.
33' | 2-0 Goal. Hamilton double their lead. Reegan Mimnaugh turns in Andy Winter's low cross.
37' | 2-0 Chance! Matthew Strachan's cross finds Aaron Nicolson in the box but the striker's header is held by Jamie Smith
43' | 2-0 Good save from Mark Ridgers as he denies Gabe Forsyth from about 25 yards

63' | Just after the hour Ryan One does well down the Accies left and his shot is parried by Ridgers and Caley Thistle clear.

72' | 2-0 ICTFC Subs: Alistair Nixon & Calum MacLeod on, Ryan Barrett & Duncan Proudfoot off.

72’ | JPT header knocked off the line

75’ | Shiels heads away a tempting ICT cross

80' | 2-0 Mark Ridgers holds a free-kick from Gabe Forsyth

83' | 2-0 ICTFC Subs: Daniel MacDougall & Lewis Mackie on, Jack Walker & Aaron Nicolson off

87' | 2-0 ICTFC Sub: Danny Gillan on, Mark Ridgers off

90' | 2-0 Good save from Danny Gillan as he turns Ryan One's effort behind for a corner.

• Thank You 4

Full time 2-0.

We didn’t get battered but I’ve no idea how strong the Hamilton line up was. I assume they had more first team regulars starting.

I hope the kids have had a good experience: did any catch the eye?

Back to important business next week and hopefully we have some of our injured players back and can start getting wins again.

While that was going on, Ethan Cairns was scoring for Forres. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

Fantastic professionalism from Mark in the interview and I’m beaming with pride with the result from the young team even though we lost.

It felt like the management team and club officials left the lads to hang out out to dry today. Imagine advising fans not to travel and support??! Given we are losing regularly with an expensive management team and a squad of crocks I’d rather turn up and support Mark and the young lads than those that  played last week at Dundee. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 3

Well, we travelled and not long home.  The young team did extremely well and unlucky not to get a goal.  A reasonable away support, despite what the Club said (badly worded) and it seemed quite a few family and friends travelled.  It was a better game to watch than last week!   Many congratulations to them all 

• Like 8
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Northern_jaggie said:

Imagine advising fans not to travel and support??!

You are indeed imagining that. They simply allowed fans to make an informed decision so that nobody who travelled felt short changed when they saw the line up. “While we will obviously welcome support for the boys, this in effect will mean our U18 squad, many of whom are still at school will play the game, and we believe that it is only fair that our supporters know this in advance of purchasing tickets and planning a round trip journey of 6 hours plus and over 300 miles”

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Very badly worded by the club in my opinion. However quite a few of us went to support Ryan and his team. And what a brave performance from the young lads. I was very impressed as were many others. Gives us hope for the future if we can keep this group together. I just hope the main team give as much commitment next Saturday. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

Sorry for all the rubbish that I posted in the post above it would not work on the PC so I tried it on the mobile and this is what you get :sad:
The club should promote the under 18s more as there are good players out there!  There was a time when they would advertise when their games were on at home but even if you look on the official website you can't find out when they are playing :swear:
  • Sad 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
15 hours ago, Northern_jaggie said:

Was this a team of Invernessians? When was the last time we managed that anyone?

I love this idea, and see it as the only way forward for our ailing team.

Unless of course we can snare a sugar-daddy!