Partick Thistle Friday night

tm4tj

17 minutes ago, GaliantGrunt said:

Just heard Chic Young on radio calling us the Highland League team !

Surely he shouldn’t be allowed to insult the Highland League like that!!

Most Highland League teams are better run than we are. 

• Agree 2

When I saw the starting line-up, defeat seemed inevitable. So the result was no real surprise. Two things are disappointing 

1. the performance

2. the fact that after a 3 week lay off for the first team, instead of getting players back from injury, we seem to be losing more.

Well that was a dire watch  I'm afraid that we will soon be a part time club   the standard of players have dropped over the  last few seasons  unless we get a major investment in the club we can forget any promotion hopes .to be honest I've seen better players in the old welfare league   I know there is a lot of injuries but surely we could have put on a better performance than that debacle tonight  is there another Steve Patterson  out there  we all loved that era

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, the cat said:

Well that was a dire watch  I'm afraid that we will soon be a part time club   the standard of players have dropped over the  last few seasons  unless we get a major investment in the club we can forget any promotion hopes .to be honest I've seen better players in the old welfare league   I know there is a lot of injuries but surely we could have put on a better performance than that debacle tonight  is there another Steve Patterson  out there  we all loved that era

Dick Campbell if he was 5 years younger. 

13 minutes ago, No Shin Guards said:

I was away abroad for a few years and missed some things.

So could you enlighten me about the shoes off thing please?

Cold winter night at Hamilton we decided to take our shoes off in protest of Craig Brewster. He was sacked soon after. But what I would give for these days again. Btw Brewster was manager

FC4C2AA0-06C3-4313-A8E8-766F775BA79F.jpeg

• Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, No Shin Guards said:

I was away abroad for a few years and missed some things.

So could you enlighten me about the shoes off thing please?

When Brewster’s second spell as manager was leading us towards relegation and most fans wanted him out, fans removed shoes and waved them in the air (accompanied by a chant) when we lost at Hamilton. I think other teams had done shoes off protests at the time, we didn’t invent it. 

• Thank You 1

I haven’t even bothered reading the previous posts but I was at Firhill tonight and that was the MOST embarrassing performance EVER. I will do a report in the morning but let’s just say that it is clear that the present Management structure has lost the dressing room and the support- the only way to stop our club from dying is to berate the current management structure. Let’s pick a home game where we go up on force and put the message over

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 2

56 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I haven’t even bothered reading the previous posts but I was at Firhill tonight and that was the MOST embarrassing performance EVER. I will do a report in the morning but let’s just say that it is clear that the present Management structure has lost the dressing room and the support- the only way to stop our club from dying is to berate the current management structure. Let’s pick a home game where we go up on force and put the message over

Asap so Cove a week on Monday but if our CEO was competent then your suggestion won't be necessary as Dudds will be gone before then!

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Asap so Cove a week on Monday but if our CEO was competent then your suggestion won't be necessary as Dudds will be gone before then!

Competent is not a word I think you can use with our CEO. He talks the talk but since he came in what has really changed. I’d assume he’s on a decent wage but we have languished in the championship. With him Dodds and sadly Robbo who we all like it’s turned into an old boys club. There’s all sorts of stories about the new director being a front man etc Google is your friend here. and of course now there’s the debacle of the concert situation as well. We need wholesale changes but you would have to be a real fan with lots of money to give away to even think of putting it into our club at the moment. On top of that the football week in and out is rubbish to watch. Someone asked somewhere about next years season tickets. I’ll still buy one as will most of those who sit around me IBM? etc. 

Worrying times ahead and things need to change. We are slowly but steadily going downhill. Thank goodness for the Christmas break now and a few drams required before the Cove game methinks 

Merry Christmas for tomorrow and a good new year when it comes 

Edited by jagster
  • Well Said 4

The worrying thing is that there isn't a soul on this forum who is surprised by both the performance and result. Thankfully Arbroath don't look like getting their act together so we should be safe from 9th place at least. 

We're just drifting as a club at the moment and the situation with Robbo is untenable.  As much as I appreciate everything he's done you can't have your supposed Sporting Director commentating on other games while we're being hammered.

• Agree 7

I think it's not unreasonable to say that was probably the weakest starting XI the club has ever put on the field (recent Hamilton game aside) and I'm including 3rd division days here. A number of these guys are simply not professional footballers, and these are Dodds' signings. 9-1 on aggregate from our two visits to Firhill this season is quite the statistic yet Gardiner and Co. will do nothing. The club is in terminal decline and we need radical change NOW!

Edited by ymip
  • Agree 6
  • Well Said 3

I have said it on here many times, that Dodds is one of the worst tacticians I have ever seen. He can't see when there's a problem in the game and try to fix it, he doesn't know how to set up a team, not to get beat, never mind winning, so I would guess that his motivational skills are not too good either. I think the dressing room has gone. If he can't believe what they are doing, that's a huge problem. The Cove and Arbroath games could shape our season, lose these and it's a three team fight to stay in this league 

If ICT were a computer, I'd say turn it off, and reboot the whole thing. It needs a complete overhaul, especially in the coaching department. 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

Hoped to read that Dodds had done the decent thing, but no. How can the club expect fans to come along to shell out cash and support the club in pushing for promotion when the club patently lacks the same ambition? Satisfied with abject mediocrity season after season. Get Graeme Stewart in from Buckie. Or take back Darren Dods! 

I think it is very likely that the contractual compensation payable to Dodds if we sacked him would put us into administration.

Anyone who says “I don’t care” isn’t thinking rationally, likewise anyone who thinks Dodds should just resign without the payoff he would be entitled to.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Any match report simply has to focus on the 109 supporters who had to suffer this total embarrassment. Even if 10-20% left before the final whistle which in itself is a rarity and basically sums the whole night up. I did stay until the final whistle just to ensure that I had witnessed the worst ICT performance ever.

I usually include comments on the tactics and the formation but I couldn’t suss out who was playing where and what their roles were. The main one to confuse me was Carson as he appeared to be just roaming around the midfield area and rarely where the play was taking place. Welsh meanwhile was the man looking for the ball to be played to him but usually lobbed the ball forward to Billy McKay surrounded by four defenders!!

it may be cruel but Ridgers is the biggest miss of the lot. MacKay looks to have lost all his confidence and that evidently affects the defence in front of him. And add to that the system of holding a line is unknown as is pressing the ball. Who scouted Barrett who makes Djebi-Zadi look like Carlos Alberto. Duffy was unfortunate to get a red but probably looked at it as a blessing. Billy McKay tried but he simply looks fed up as does Dan. He intermittently held his hamstring and he must have been hoping that it will keep him out for a few weeks. And why were our players slipping so often and why was Oakley kept on the bench and why were ther more of a smattering of the kids who apparently did us proud at Hamilton.

at least Dorran showed glimpses of his old self. I am going to stop as I could go on and on. It is absolutely obvious that Dodds has lost the dressing room and the support. Sure there are injuries but selection and tactics are non existent. We will survive but is that enough ? It may cost to get rid of Dodds and his supporters but a deal has to be done sooner than later as the support will surely dwindle. To me seeing fellow supporters and the social aspect is what will keep me going at the moment. At this time of year Dodds is Ebenezer Scrooge and we need a Jacob Maarley to haunt him as soon as possible OR we will all be stuffed. Merry Christmas to you all - well apart from ??

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 2

To me, it is completely unacceptable that our director of football is in Dingwall, as a pundit, when his employer is conducting his business the same night in Glasgow.  Read the room, Mr Robertson, leave, and give Mr Dodds a lift wherever you go.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 4

I can’t recall ever being so disappointed in ICT after witnessing that game last night.  The team really were not set up to win, or even try.   Such a poor showing, I think Ryan Esson did a much better job at Hamilton with the under 18s.   The players seem, demotivated and Dodds must stop using injuries as his excuse - it’s his job to encourage, motivate, etc not berate them which he does regularly.  

Incidentally that thug Brian Graham showed his so called class with his gestures to the away fans.  No wonder he’s disliked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

I think it is very likely that the contractual compensation payable to Dodds if we sacked him would put us into administration.

Anyone who says “I don’t care” isn’t thinking rationally, likewise anyone who thinks Dodds should just resign without the payoff he would be entitled to.

I keep seeing this line being pedalled.

He has 5 or 6 months left on his contact.  If we are so broke that this amount would bankrupt us, then we're heading into administration anyway.  Let him join the queue with the rest of our creditors to get paid and it'll cost less in the long run.

Fact is, he's still in a job because his mates are looking after him, and themselves, to the detriment of the club.

• Well Said 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic