Partick Thistle Friday night

tm4tj

I wouldn't advocate for anyone at the club just now being manager long term, but it's clear that Dodds has become unpopular with sizeable sections of the fanbase and there are stories coming out that he is also not rubbing along too well with the players.

When a fox gets in with the chickens, you don't leave him there because you can't afford to fix the hole in the fence!  You get rid and patch it as best you can with what you have in the short term.

On that basis, we need to use what we have to get through the rest of the season.  From there we can take stock and put longer term solutions in place.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 2

A dreadfully depressing thread to read but sadly it’s hard to disagree with any of the sentiments. It may often be said but the next two games really are crucial and will define how far we have regressed this season and what we are facing for the rest of it.

Next up are Cove, the last team we defeated way back in October - our performance in that game will likely be a clear marker on our declining standards. The following game against Arbroath really worries me. At the moment I can’t see us coming away with anything from that and a loss closes the gap enough to put us in serious jeopardy. 

Norwich have wisely taken the decision today to ditch a manager that has lost the dressing room and the fans support. It’s the right move down here and would be the right decision at the Longman too. Just put Dodds on gardening leave till his contract expires and hand over the reins to Esson. 

• Well Said 2

There were calls last season for Tokely to be given a shot at management, I think as a result of his extremely insightful comments in the press and on ICTV livestream commentaries.

Who knows, Tokely and Esson could be the killer combination we need!

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

12 hours ago, buckett said:

There were calls last season for Tokely to be given a shot at management, I think as a result of his extremely insightful comments in the press and on ICTV livestream commentaries.

Something needs to happen and quickly.

When we stayed in Inverness I was at every home game : if I was still there, I don't think I'd bother to be honest. Have been to a number of away games, particularly earlier this term but doubt I'll go for the remainder. Queens Park away was the final straw.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, buckett said:

We're currently on relegation form, so it definitely wouldn't be any worse.

To summarise - Make a financial repayment deal with Dodds - Sell Robertson to the BBC - bring in somebody already on a wage - snuffle some dough as we have always done - watch the players return and improve as the dressing room damage repairs - be happy with any safe place this season - and regroup.

• Agree 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
4 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

To summarise - Make a financial repayment deal with Dodds - Sell Robertson to the BBC - bring in somebody already on a wage - snuffle some dough as we have always done - watch the players return and improve as the dressing room damage repairs - be happy with any safe place this season - and regroup.

Well said Oh Wise One Johndo.  I totally agree.  

• Facepalm 1