Panos Thomas Becomes Director of ICTFC

IBM

The club is delighted to announce Panos Thomas MD, CCST Orth, MFSEM, FRCS as a Director of ICTFC. 

Panos has been a season ticket holder in the Miller Suite at Caledonian Stadium since 2012 and has been extremely helpful to the club, particularly in the last 12 months or so.

See the link for the Club Statement.

Club Statement: Panos Thomas becomes Director of ICTFC - ICTFC

The club statement is interesting. I wonder what assistance he has been providing over the last 12 months given his medical background…..and our injury situation.

There is no mention of him investing, so hopefully he is bringing business acumen and positive ideas to the Board, and hopefully he also believes in good communication.

Time will tell.

A limited company is required to advise Companies House if changes to Directors within 14 days. I’m not sure if there can be delays between Companies House receiving information and on line records being updated. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 2

The language below suggests he has been providing some support presumably as a 3rd party consultant - wonder how much went through that avenue. On paper, its an impressive CV Panos Thomas has irrespective of his history, therefore wouldn't be a cheap day rate that's for sure especially to a club with our limited finances, it'll be interesting what is offered as a package and incentives to change the status quo.

Panos has been a season ticket holder in the Miller Suite at Caledonian Stadium since 2012 and has been extremely helpful to the club, particularly in the last 12 months or so.

ICTFC Chairman Ross Morrison said on the appointment “We feel that Panos will bring a wide range of skills to the Board as well as to the football club. Living in the Highlands as he does, he has supported the club for a decade now and he understands what we are all about and where we want to go. I am particularly pleased to see him join us formally as he is an extremely dynamic and highly respected individual. Following on from the recent appointment of Graeme Bennett, the new skill sets and fresh points of view can only make us stronger as a club and I look forward to working with Panos.”

• Thoughtful 1

On 12/22/2022 at 7:42 PM, STFU said:

Someone should tell the club they need to register new directors with companies house as neither this, or the previously announced new director (or the, not yet announced, resignations), are showing there.

Both appointments have been registered in accordance with the requirements.

3 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Agreed! A lot of worrying stuff on pie and bovril re his history. Not mentioned or addressed in club statement though 

He was briefly a director of Watford over 10 years ago after being involved in a takeover of the club. Is that what you are referring to?

• Facepalm 1

43 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

He was briefly a director of Watford over 10 years ago after being involved in a takeover of the club. Is that what you are referring to?

He was a front man holding shares in trust for a buyer who was deemed not a fit and proper person to own a club.

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, STFU said:

Grassa was announced on 2nd Nov, filing says he didn't join unil 12th Dec.

Similar to announcing a player ahead of the registration being completed, I suppose? The club’s statement in November said he ‘is joining’ the board rather than has joined. There is a process to formalise the appointment once they have shaken hands.

On 12/22/2022 at 7:42 PM, STFU said:

Someone should tell the club they need to register new directors with companies house as neither this, or the previously announced new director (or the, not yet announced, resignations), are showing there.

FFS : really??

Not a good sign for governance / organisation then...................

Another Incomer arrives at ICT. Inverness may well be in the clubs name but the lack of Invernessian input from all aspects of the club including fans is diminishing rapidly. 
It is what it is I guess it’s the route they have taken from the off so at least they are consistent I suppose. 

I don’t really have an opinion on the guy but it would be great if he held a Q & A session for the fans as I’ve been plagued with cartilage issues for years 

Welcome aboard Panos 

Dougal

12 minutes ago, dougal said:

I don’t really have an opinion on the guy but it would be great if he held a Q & A session for the fans as I’ve been plagued with cartilage issues for years 

😀 Likewise. Maybe a drop-in session before matches. He is retired as a surgeon but I’m sure keeps his saw sharp.

• Funny 1

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Hoping that given his history, he is involved in the medicals and risk assessment for our summer signings and we wont see repeats of the 'injury crisis' from this season.................

What injury crisis?

Got an insider with juicy info...?

• Funny 1

7 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Hoping that given his history, he is involved in the medicals and risk assessment for our summer signings and we wont see repeats of the 'injury crisis' from this season.................

He's too busy setting up shell companies for unscrupulous former bankrupts who have an interest it taking over football clubs with other people's money.

• Funny 1