Next manager

CaleyTennis

I have a feeling this could spell the end for our WORST MANAGER EVER so I felt I'd start this thread to see what you guys come up with, of which I hope are serious not fantasy names such as Pep eg.

I have a feeling managers like Stuart Kettlewell and Paul Hartley could be in contention and tbh both would get a no from me as my preference would be Barry Robson (which is highly unlikely) or someone else making his debut as a manager. 

All I can say is, I am giving up until Dudds is GONE because I have had just about enough of this Dross EVERY F****** WEEK 😡!

• Funny 1
  • Sad 1

The time has come for a total clear out. Its not just Dodds that needs to go.  It is quite clear things are just not working and we are in freefall down the league. Rumours floating about that we are on the brink of administration is really worrying. 

• Sad 1

You know what, until 2023 I'm not even going to think about ICT and the disaster we currently are.  

Will I be sitting in the cold on 2nd January at the Cove game? In all honesty I think I'll give it a miss and 'do something less boring instead' as they used to say on 'Why Don't You?' back in the day!!

Merry Christmas 🎅 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, No Shin Guards said:

You know what, until 2023 I'm not even going to think about ICT and the disaster we currently are.  

Will I be sitting in the cold on 2nd January at the Cove game? In all honesty I think I'll give it a miss and 'do something less boring instead' as they used to say on 'Why Don't You?' back in the day!!

Merry Christmas 🎅 

Staunch!

• Funny 1

We have been truly awful to watch every season since we fell back into the Championship. It is only because of the low quality of other teams that we have not completely fallen away (although we are in great danger of doing that now).

No shape, no leaders and no f***ing use.

Total clear out at all levels needed.

• Agree 6

On 12/23/2022 at 8:34 PM, CaleyTennis said:

I have a feeling this could spell the end for our WORST MANAGER EVER so I felt I'd start this thread to see what you guys come up with, of which I hope are serious not fantasy names such as Pep eg.

I have a feeling managers like Stuart Kettlewell and Paul Hartley could be in contention and tbh both would get a no from me as my preference would be Barry Robson (which is highly unlikely) or someone else making his debut as a manager. 

All I can say is, I am giving up until Dudds is GONE because I have had just about enough of this Dross EVERY F****** WEEK 😡!

I think the far more important question is; 

Has there ever been an ICT manager that you haven’t called to be sacked?? Lolz

Who do you think should replace Dodds then is there any yokels or bumpkins  in Caithness that could do a turn? 

From my experience Pentand Utd were always a well run outfit that has professional aspirations.

Dougal

• Funny 3

On 12/23/2022 at 8:34 PM, CaleyTennis said:

And would you be the super-rich sugar-daddy the team and fans have been craving?

Cos somebody would need to pay for all that!!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

On 12/27/2022 at 2:11 PM, dougal said:

I think the far more important question is; 

Has there ever been an ICT manager that you haven’t called to be sacked?? Lolz

Who do you think should replace Dodds then is there any yokels or bumpkins  in Caithness that could do a turn? 

From my experience Pentand Utd were always a well run outfit that has professional aspirations.

Dougal

Thats not the point, we are DREADFUL at the moment so I have every bloody right to call for this current CLOWN to go! Are you saying that you accept how we're going at the moment because I certainly am not!

My number 1 choice to your above question is Graham Alexander but he's not front Caithness lol. 

If rumours are to be believed we can't afford to sack Dodds we just gotta hope we survive both on and off the pitch this season and then hope the board won't renew his contract. I just can't see him resigning or coming to a mutual agreement with the board to terminate his contract. We're unfortunately stuck with him 

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Super Caley Man 94 said:

If rumours are to be believed we can't afford to sack Dodds we just gotta hope we survive both on and off the pitch this season and then hope the board won't renew his contract. I just can't see him resigning or coming to a mutual agreement with the board to terminate his contract. We're unfortunately stuck with him 

Again how can we not afford to sack him? I agree though we may not be able to replace him with an external man until his contract rums out in the summer. 

• Well Said 1

10 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Thats not the point, we are DREADFUL at the moment so I have every bloody right to call for this current CLOWN to go! Are you saying that you accept how we're going at the moment because I certainly am not!

My number 1 choice to your above question is Graham Alexander but he's not front Caithness lol. 

Billy Dodds ain’t going anywhere the club can’t afford to sack him as they can’t afford the compensation.

More concerning still is why the club decided to employ Robbo in the role what he is now doing only the board can answer that one as I certainly can’t.

Until these guys contracts come to the end we are stuck with them so no amount of your inane ramblings and use of CAPITAL LETTERS is going to change that. 

Neglect and mismanagement since the Scottish cup win by the so called guardians of the club

Dougal

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Super Caley Man 94 said:

We couldn't afford to sack Foran and look at where we are now.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Satan said:

We can't afford to sack the kit man, never mind managerial level staff. 

No offence kit man.😉

Kit man (Jack) left for Aberdeen fairly recently. Don't even know if we replaced him (or can afford to). 

Out of interest when do Dodds' and Robbo's contracts expire, is it summer 2023?

Unless it’s been extended Dodds’ contract expires at the end of June:

https://ictfc.com/billy-dodds-appointed-ictfc-head-coach 

I’ve no idea about Robbo. He may not have a fixed term contract given the SD role given he’s not a Manager or Coach.

They advertised for a new Kit Manager recently but I don’t know if anyone has been appointed:

https://ictfc.com/vacancy-ictfc-kit-manager

Edited by Robert

34 minutes ago, Robert said:

Unless it’s been extended Dodds’ contract expires at the end of June:

https://ictfc.com/billy-dodds-appointed-ictfc-head-coach 

I’ve no idea about Robbo. He may not have a fixed term contract given the SD role given he’s not a Manager or Coach.

They advertised for a new Kit Manager recently but I don’t know if anyone has been appointed:

https://ictfc.com/vacancy-ictfc-kit-manager

I was always under the assumption that Robbo was just seeing out his managerial contact (which I think had not long been extended before he went off ill) just under a different name. 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Should be enough today for the happy clappers to want BD to get a contract extension I guess.   

Surprising the winning margin but doesn't change my opinion on the club hierarchy.  

The jury is out for me. If we go on a run now we will all be delighted. If we don’t and revert to how we were in recent weeks, that’s a different story.

Either way, I can’t see a change coming until the end of the season. And that’s not happy clapping, just realism.  

I will be continuing to give the players my support and I really liked their attitude today. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Should be enough today for the happy clappers to want BD to get a contract extension I guess.   

Surprising the winning margin but doesn't change my opinion on the club hierarchy.  

It is against a team we should be beating convincingly week in week out . Law of averages we surely have to win the odd game in 12 as do the likes of Arbroath , Hamilton etc . Football has been horrendous this year injuries or not . He in my eyes is absolutely clueless and way out of his depth. Is it really worth hanging on to him ? Is it not worth getting rid now and hopefully climbing up the table with someone that knows how to manage , Thus  reaping the financial rewards of finishing higher up the table than gambling that this clown somehow manages to keep us in the league ? Amazing how the happy clappers get 1 win and it’s how wonderful things are . SHORT memories!!

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

Let's get real here, Dodds won't be sacked until his contract is up or we are in real danger of being relegated. Don't think relegation is likely at all. 

Injuries have impacted on our performances this season and nobody can seriously dispute that. However, Dodds needed to change tactics and set us up as being hard to beat with the players he had available. He didn't however, just like last season when we had our bad run and he kept on playing the same way even when obvious it wasn't working. He is either too stubborn to listen to criticism or just plain stupid tactically with my money on the latter. 

Promotion has probably gone this season again thanks to Dodd's ineptitude again so we need to change both him and the current coaching team as soon as is financially possible. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

With his contract up in the summer it is worth looking over the possible replacements now with a view to  appointing at the end of the season.

But we need to choose carefully as there is a very limited pool with the attributes we need and willing to make the move north.

Add into that the fact that up until this latest barren run Dodds was our 3rd most successful manager based on win rate - level with Steve Paterson. Our most successful by a decent margin was Robbo in his first spell, and second is Robbo again. So injury problems aside he's done rather well despite the sh1thousing brand of football we often see.

Won rates can be skewed heavily by division and therefore level of opponents. Considering almost half our existence was top flight its not comparable with lower leagues.

The bigger issue is not just the limited pool and out budget constraints but the limitations set by the board and the constant nepotism when fulling upper level positions.