Next manager

CaleyTennis

22 minutes ago, STFU said:

If the club aims to be promoted, then we can't have a manager who has, for two seasons in a row, overseen substantial non-winning runs.

It's as simple as that!

Dont overlook that this and last season is the poorest quality championship for a very long time.

On 12/29/2022 at 12:55 PM, Robert said:

Unless it’s been extended Dodds’ contract expires at the end of June:

https://ictfc.com/billy-dodds-appointed-ictfc-head-coach 

I’ve no idea about Robbo. He may not have a fixed term contract given the SD role given he’s not a Manager or Coach.

They advertised for a new Kit Manager recently but I don’t know if anyone has been appointed:

https://ictfc.com/vacancy-ictfc-kit-manager

I believe Gary Farquhar is our new Kitman. One of the best midfield players in Scotland when at St Johnstone.  Nice to see you back Gary.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Good to see we are all happy now :whistle:

Surely it should take more than a single victory against a tree up HL team at home to present a rosy picture even to the biggest of fanboys for the current regime?

As time passes I genuinely think part time and seaside leagues matches the mentality around the club.

7 hours ago, STFU said:

If the club aims to be promoted, then we can't have a manager who has, for two seasons in a row, overseen substantial non-winning runs.

It's as simple as that!

When we pipped Dundee to win promotion last time, how far behind were we on 1 January?

I respect your views, and those of others on here, but I just can’t see us making a change with the current financial and contractual situation.

I will continue to give my support to all the players and, who knows, maybe we have turned a corner.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thoughtful 1
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, Bobby said:

I wasn't at the game, but from what I've heard it was more a case of Cove being really poor than us playing well. Cove have just sacked JM on the back of the game. 

A Cove fan I know who was at the game said beforehand that McIntyre’s future depended on the game and the expectation was that Hartley would be back.

Cove were poor, particularly in the second half, but our attitude was excellent. We had much more intent about making chances and trying to take them than I have seen in recent weeks.

One game is not enough to judge on though. Saturday is another important one and we can take a better view after it. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Robert said:

When we pipped Dundee to win promotion last time, how far behind were we on 1 January?

I respect your views, and those of others on here, but I just can’t see us making a change with the current financial and contractual situation.

I will continue to give my support to all the players and, who knows, maybe we have turned a corner.

wow 1 win by a team we should be beating and we are now going to win the league ? 

• Well Said 2

1 minute ago, caley1 said:

wow 1 win by a team we should be beating and we are now going to win the league ? 

I didn’t say that.

I was merely pointing out that we have come from behind previously when the odds were against us.

As I’ve said several times since full time, the jury is out for me. We will have a better feel for things after the Arbroath game and we then have Queens Park.

The attitude of the players was very good yesterday and seeing the Courier piece about Ridgers is another hopeful sign.

Time will tell!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Robert said:

I didn’t say that.

As I’ve said several times since full time, the jury is out for me. We will have a better feel for things after the Arbroath game and we then have Queens Park.

The benchmark is not a relegation fodder Arbroath or even the QP team who may be top but realistically its Dundee, PT, Ayr that we need to be competing and beating and recent form shows we are well off the pace. Remember we still have the same team and line up that our manager said was ***** after the PT drubbing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Robert said:

1 hour ago, caley1 said:

1 hour ago, Robert said:

I didn’t say that.

Oh yes you did!!! 🤷‍♂️

• Facepalm 2

Thanks Satan, keeping the pantomime theme going, I seem to be being cast by some in the role of a happy clapper villain, which I definitely am not.

I am a realist about the club’s financial position and therefore the (lack of) options at this time.

Anyway, I’m bowing out of this thread as I’ve had my say.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Robert said:

15 points if I remember correctly.

11 hours ago, Bobby said:

Cove have just sacked JM on the back of the game. 

Another victim of the Caley sacking machine. How many is that now?

I think we deserve to be optimistic after that result - even we only scored four of the six goals. A win certainly adds some much needed joy from the recent dross. A win like can have a remarkable effect on motivation so who knows what will happen. Time will tell. 

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, Gringo said:

I think we deserve to be optimistic after that result - even we only scored four of the six goals. A win certainly adds some much needed joy from the recent dross. A win like can have a remarkable effect on motivation so who knows what will happen. Time will tell. 

It doesn't always work that way.  Remember that last season we we also had a crushing 6-1 win when we beat Morton away in December.  We then went on a dreadful run of 11 league games without a win.  

• Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Gringo said:

If it was just struggles on the park, then I'd be right there with you!

My worry is that if we allow deeply ingrained problems, with team and club management, to be swept under the carpet every time there's a good result then we will just keep spiralling.

That isn't to say we shouldn't have hope, and I'm definitely not calling for booing of players, but Dodds, Robertson, Gardiner, Morrison etc. need to be held to account as they have delivered NOTHING, not even close, to anything they said they would.  Quite the opposite in fact.

That's not grounds for optimism.

• Agree 7
  • Well Said 1

9 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

It doesn't always work that way.  Remember that last season we we also had a crushing 6-1 win when we beat Morton away in December.  We then went on a dreadful run of 11 league games without a win.  

Very true. Hopefully after this 6-1 win we'll go on a run of 11 games without defeat.🤔🤣

• Agree 2

On 1/3/2023 at 10:30 AM, STFU said:

It's as simple as that!

Genuinely interested in who people would be happy with as next manager in the summer?

Graham Alexander?

Tommy Wright?

Barry Ferguson?

Neil McCann??

Yogi? 

Or maybe a left-field option (see Pedro Caixinha....)

A lot being said about Ryan Esson recently and his coaching qualifications being up there in comparison to others at the club. Might be worth a chance? Unlike a completely untested manager (like Foran was), he has at least cut his teeth with the youth teams to gain some experience. Is it enough? Perhaps, perhaps not.

Maybe there are also other former players who are making their way into management that could be considered for the top job if we dispense with Dodds, or who could become assistants if there is a clearout ... Tokely, Warren, Golly, Meekings to name a few that have come up in local news recently. Think Tremarco is also still in the area is he not? No idea what level of coaching badges any of them have but if they are suitably qualified then they should be considered. Reality is that we are a 2nd tier team with a miniscule budget so whoever we do get is unlikely to be of the highest profile so someone ambitious who wants to show they can do it, or someone with a deep connection to the club who will put their heart into the job will do it for me 🙂  

• Like 1
  • Well Said 1