Rooney off...

tm4tj

7 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Probably a case of one player showing more passion and fight I that clip than our whole team combined this season so far.

Aye, saw that incident on the box too and couldn't help thinking we could do with some of that passion in our team. Have him sent to ICT on the next coach North. 

• Agree 2

Good to see someone take a stand against players going down easily and conning referees. VAR in the world cup stopped this to a large extent but back in domestic games it will continue. The law should be changed so that dives at one end should be given to the opponent at the other end.  Very difficult for referees to judge though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Satan said:

Don't think we could afford the disciplinary penalties that kind of idiotic reaction would incur...not to mention the suspensions.

Agreed, but missing the point a bit about passion compared to the lack of any interest shown by the current club and management.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Probably a case of one player showing more passion and fight I that clip than our whole team combined this season so far.

I saw the passion at first, then it was all fight I'm afraid. Wrong sport.

Quite an unfair statement on the whole team perhaps?

• Thoughtful 1

1 hour ago, Satan said:

Quite an unfair statement on the whole team perhaps?

No. They look uncoached, disjointed and uninterested and that's just what we see for 90min on a Saturday. Who knows the kind of negative malaise behind the scenes.

I've never seen an ict team without leadership or drive to this extent on a longterm and repeated basis. Its a case of either players downing tools or the team is significantly sub standard which I don't belive is the case.

• Like 1
  • Well Said 1