Cove @ New Year

tm4tj

Where on earth did that come from?

Caught the end of the first half and all of the second on a stream. Great to see us moving the ball well and fighting to get it back when we lost possession. Hopefully we will build on this and get back oup the table.

• Like 1

First game in a long time for me and was blown away by the commitment and determination from the team. In first 20 we could have scored 2 or 3 - Billy’s hit the post, Lewis Hyde should have scored as well. Defensively we looked very nervous and I include the keeper on that - in particular corners were a major concern. 

the difference came when we got the second goal we didn’t sit back we kept pressurising them into mistakes and Cove certainly helped in that department. 
Having the spine of the team with so much experience is brilliant - we really need Danny D to marshal the defence and develop these young lads. 

Hyde and Welsh give a bit of stability in the centre and with Dan McKay and the loanee winger giving loads of pace, we looked pretty potent going forward. 

we’ve deserved a bit of luck and we certainly got it on Saturday. 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 2

18 minutes ago, FrontRow said:

First game in a long time for me and was blown away by the commitment and determination from the team. In first 20 we could have scored 2 or 3 - Billy’s hit the post, Lewis Hyde should have scored as well. Defensively we looked very nervous and I include the keeper on that - in particular corners were a major concern. 

the difference came when we got the second goal we didn’t sit back we kept pressurising them into mistakes and Cove certainly helped in that department. 
Having the spine of the team with so much experience is brilliant - we really need Danny D to marshal the defence and develop these young lads. 

Hyde and Welsh give a bit of stability in the centre and with Dan McKay and the loanee winger giving loads of pace, we looked pretty potent going forward. 

we’ve deserved a bit of luck and we certainly got it on Saturday. 

Thought Hyde grew into the game really well, and Welsh had some important tackles that we've been missing without Allardice! That Henderson ball to Doran for Billy's 3rd goal looked like something De Bruyne could come out with!! Looks a really promising player for sure

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

1 hour ago, FrontRow said:

Hyde and Welsh give a bit of stability in the centre

I thought Welsh had his best game for some time, pulling the strings in midfield. Hyde has worried me recently but I thought he also had his best game. I think his half at right back against Partick earlier in the season set his development back, but he is hopefully on track now.

It will be interesting whether we keep Carson at right back on Saturday with Duffy back or whether he moves into midfield with Welsh.

Oh to have Allardice back though. We’ve missed his calm solidity. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 2

Billy’s hat trick: look at the ground he made up to be on the spot to turn his third in after it came back off the post from Doran’s header:

and Danny’s goal:

It’s a pity they’ve not put the own goals on line. I’d like to see them again, particularly the second one. It was a good laugh at the time!

• Like 1
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, Robert said:

Billy’s hat trick: look at the ground he made up to be on the spot to turn his third in after it came back off the post

My attention was caught more by the utter laziness of the defender who just stood and let it happen!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Robert said:

Billy’s hat trick: look at the ground he made up to be on the spot to turn his third in after it came back off the post from Doran’s header:

and Danny’s goal:

It’s a pity they’ve not put the own goals on line. I’d like to see them again, particularly the second one. It was a good laugh at the time!

Why, oh why, have we gone back to using the pixelot camera? 🤦

I had also wondered about the camera. What happened to the wonderful highlights package Andy and his team put together for matches previously, from the other side of the ground?

It seems a shame that we've waited so long for a win yet three days later there's no sign of footage of two of the goals, let alone a highlights package.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

I had also wondered about the camera. What happened to the wonderful highlights package Andy and his team put together for matches previously, from the other side of the ground?

It seems a shame that we've waited so long for a win yet three days later there's no sign of footage of two of the goals, let alone a highlights package.

Don't think Andy and team have been at club this season sadly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

Was wondering about that myself.  Andy and his team did a great job and it was always good to watch the highlights of the game whether you had been to the game or not.  Watching the highlights is just another little thing that connects people with the club.  It probably helps to encourage people to attend an extra game or two, or buy some ICT merchandise from the shop.  At least there was a report of this week's game on the Club's website, which is more than can be said of our previous victory which was against Stirling Albion in the Scottish Cup!  That meant there is no mention on the Club's website of what, I believe, was Max Ram's first goal for the club.

On the subject of the report of last Saturday's game, I note it was written by someone called Marko Srsen.  I know nothing about Marko but I am assuming English is not his first language.  Despite that, he has written a very good report.  However, although his use of English is generally excellent, there are a few things which don't read well.  It would have read much better if someone at the Club had bothered to spend just a couple of minutes with Marko in editing it.  Not only would that have made it a better read for us punters, it would have been a great help to Marko in further improving his grasp of our often confusing language.  

These little things matter to people and make them feel valued.  It is just another indication of things not being right at the club.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

On the subject of the report of last Saturday's game, I note it was written by someone called Marko Srsen.  I know nothing about Marko but I am assuming English is not his first language.  Despite that, he has written a very good report.  However, although his use of English is generally excellent, there are a few things which don't read well.  It would have read much better if someone at the Club had bothered to spend just a couple of minutes with Marko in editing it.  Not only would that have made it a better read for us punters, it would have been a great help to Marko in further improving his grasp of our often confusing language.  

There are a couple of entries in google for that name in Inverness area. The relevant one appears to be a student at the UHI who has a now deleted twitter account that references himself as an "Aspiring young Football Journalist. Currently volunteering at Scottish Football clubs" ... The other was from 2014 and may or may not be related but the origin of the name appears to be Croatia.  

47 minutes ago, STFU said:

I thought the reason they stopped working with Andy was because they now employed a video analyst to do it?

That would be silly if it was the reason ... 2 different occupations and skillsets. Video Analyst is surely for the coaching side. They video the game (or use footage provided by the media team or a system like, dare I say it Pixellot) and analyse that footage from a coaching perspective, whereas Andy would film (very well) and put together the media package for public consumption. I suspect we would get damn site better footage if Andy was doing it and supplying it to the video analyst. 

If we are back to using that garbage pixellot system, then it's definitely a step backwards.  My son was watching one of these "worst" compilations on YouTube recently and this one was about football ... Wouldn't you know it, the pixellot footage where it concentrated on the ref's baldy head from the Caledonian Stadium made it onto that lowlight reel!
(and now I know I am going to go down that YouTube history rabbit hole to try and find it!! :crazy:

• tm4tj unpinned this topic