Where have all the posters gone? Who do you miss?

dougal

Maybe it’s just me but CTO seems extremely quiet?

This could well be down to the way ICT are playing presently I guess and the lack of direction from the board or indeed the silence from the Supporters trust or a combination of all three.

Have ICT fans left CTO for Pie and Bovril I sincerely hope this is not the case I used to enjoy P&B but now it seems to have attracted the moronic fringe of our support. You would be lucky to scrape a brain cell if you merged SandyCromarty and Sophia there really is wiser eating grass!

Im thinking of some of the great posters of yore that you dont see anymore,yer Scarlet Pimple, Dalneigh Caley, sneckboy, top six etc even CaleyD

Thats only a few I can think of off the top of my head but feel free to add any names you would like to see post again there will be a large number I reckon.

We need them back!!

Best wishes and a happy new year to all or most ICT fans out there from myself

Dougal

Edited by dougal
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1

The onset of social media in its many forms has curtailed visits to CTO. So many have left this platform. As an example, I've been running the Prediction League [NLP] almost since CTO began and I've seen entries fall from a high of 80+ to just 20 regular players. 

3 hours ago, dougal said:

This could well be down to the way ICT are playing presently I guess and the lack of direction from the board or indeed the silence from the Supporters trust or a combination of all three.

Have ICT fans left CTO for Pie and Bovril I sincerely hope this is not the case I used to enjoy P&B but now it seems to have attracted the moronic fringe of our support. You would be lucky to scrape a brain cell if you merged SandyCromarty and Sophia there really is wiser eating grass!

Im thinking of some of the great posters of yore that you dont see anymore,yer Scarlet Pimple, Dalneigh Caley, sneckboy, top six etc even CaleyD

Thats only a few I can think of off the top of my head but feel free to add any names you would like to see post again there will be a large number I reckon.

We need them back!!

Dougal

Don't panic. I'm still here. X

• Well Said 1
  • Funny 3
  • Facepalm 1

On 12/31/2022 at 11:49 AM, dougal said:

We need them back!!

Dougal

Happy New Year to you Dougal and all CTO posters. 
Things have gone quiet since Covid, could be that people have found other things to do but I do think it’s the poor performance on and off the park that has caused posters to loose interest. 
I do miss Scarlet although I recall in his last post he was struggling health wise. Charles Bannerman must be too busy with his Courier column. Laurence was a regular that could stir up a few 🤣 .  Even yourself, you don’t often post but throw in a few grenades now and again 😜

bishbashbosh was another useless he changed his handle to No Shin Guards 😳

43 minutes ago, IBM said:

Things have gone quiet since Covid, could be that people have found other things to do but I do think it’s the poor performance on and off the park that has caused posters to loose interest. 
I do miss Scarlet although I recall in his last post he was struggling health wise. Charles Bannerman must be too busy with his Courier column. Laurence was a regular that could stir up a few 🤣 .  Even yourself, you don’t often post but throw in a few grenades now and again 😜

Scarlet was last on the site around a week ago so hopefully all is well and he is just more of a reader these days

You make a good point Dougal, I like this forum and always have a check on it at around this time of night though I don't always post on it, mainly as I don't want to unnecessarily fall out with members and mods on here as has happened in the past.

Tbh I have watched a lot more Rugby this past couple of years, in fact I've watched more Rugby this past fortnight than football, I didn't even watch the world cup apart from bits here and there and also, the new Tennis season is in full swing now so I always watch that especially this time of the year when it's in Australia :).

I want to wish all a Happy New year and am making this promise: This year I'm going to try very hard to not fall out with members and try to get liked more 😁, I have a comedic sense of humour which I'd like you peeps to see lol.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

16 hours ago, IBM said:

Nope. Never been bishbashbosh. Wrong again 😀

• Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...

Was thinking about this weekends game against QP and the weather. IHE came to mind and his tales of the Aquifer  😀 Think I only ever spoke to him once in the Iona at a hibs game. Another infrequent poster 

Edited by jagster
  • Like 1

I think with most of the posts being depressing and repetitive regarding the way this season has panned out, there hasn't been too much to get excited about, hence the lack of any content from a lot of posters, me included. Things have been so bad that you feel like you are just constantly posting about the same topics all the time. Apart from the last couple of results, this season has been a very hard watch, and I think that has certainly affected the amount of posters on here, and I've also noticed it on Facebook. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

A while ago, ok, a few years ago, probably around the time of Forans tenure, there seemed to be a small handful of posters who would criticise the opinions of others without engaging in healthy debate. It was like it had to be their opinion or nothing. That, to me, put me off from getting involved and over time I just haven't bothered to re-engage. 

The NPL and Betting Fourm keeps me coming back, but having recently returned to the main forum, maybe it's time to be a 'regular' once again.

I think we can all agree that, if it wasn't for CTO, some of us may never have the friendships we have now. For that, I'll be eternally grateful 🙏 

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

1 hour ago, Naelifts said:

Whatever happened to Roger Riach..........cant even remember his pseudonym. Sound bloke

@Govan Jaggie - think life happened ... like many people who are no longer around the site.