Queens Park Take 2: Scottish Cup 4th Round

Robert

Agreed but I think pricing for cup games is agreed between the 2 clubs so Queens Park may have had an influence on pricing. Let's be honest though, even if the price was reduced to £15/18, would it really make a huge difference to the crowd? 

• Like 1

Given the likely re-arranged fixture crowds will be even lower and I would suspect if we get to the next round you'll a couple quid extra stuck on the ticket prices regardless of opposition (unless its the OF in which case expect circa £30 for 90 mins of unbroken sectarian bile songbook)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STFU said:

What are the actual cost savings from closing North Stand?

no idea of monetary value but factor in less electricity from heat/light as well as less cost for stewarding or security etc. Probably not an earth-shattering amount but if - as has been suggested - that we have directors dipping into their own pockets to pay wages or cover other costs then every penny counts.  

• Like 1

I ask because if we're talking a couple of stewards for a couple of hours and a couple of turnstile operators for an hour and a bit of electric, then it's low hundreds of pounds.

If that decision causes some people not to attend, and comments in various places suggest this is the case, and/or it further erodes fan affinity, then is it really financially prudent?

You can argue that it's ridiculous fans would take that stance, but it doesn't change the fact that they do and it shouldn't be dismissed, especially when every penny is needed.

If there are other cost savings and we start getting into larger numbers, then I totally get it.

59 minutes ago, Scotty said:

no idea of monetary value but factor in less electricity from heat/light as well as less cost for stewarding or security etc. Probably not an earth-shattering amount but if - as has been suggested - that we have directors dipping into their own pockets to pay wages or cover other costs then every penny counts.  

Pretty sure we don't heat the North stand 😂

1 hour ago, STFU said:

I ask because if we're talking a couple of stewards for a couple of hours and a couple of turnstile operators for an hour and a bit of electric, then it's low hundreds of pounds.

If that decision causes some people not to attend, and comments in various places suggest this is the case, and/or it further erodes fan affinity, then is it really financially prudent?

You can argue that it's ridiculous fans would take that stance, but it doesn't change the fact that they do and it shouldn't be dismissed, especially when every penny is needed.

If there are other cost savings and we start getting into larger numbers, then I totally get it.

I don't disagree. A few hundred saved could be a few thousand lost over the piece if people do take the hump. We are not in a position to ignore that. However, from a club perspective, Scottish Cup tickets are not included in your season ticket so a decision to only sell tickets for the Main Stand may be sensible if the expected turnout is less than the capacity of one area, although I hope they exclude the open wings from that calculation as that is not really comparable seating. The one thing here though, is that they already sold tickets for the North Stand so people who purchased there may not be too happy to be moved to the main stand. I can understand that.  I see both sides on this one and don't know the correct decision ...

I also agree with you in terms of other savings. We should be looking at every dark corner of the club to see if we are over-spending or wasting money elsewhere, to see what opportunities we can take advantage of to increase revenue at the stadium on matchdays or outside of that time, or to figure out other ways we can save or raise money throughout the club. 

11 hours ago, STFU said:

We do it for the other cups I see no reason why we shouldn't do it for the Scottish Cup as well if appropriate. It's a midweek tie against a league opponent we have played recently at "normal" prices. It's not exactly an intriguing tie. Furthermore, you'd imagine the club will be able to look at the number of tickets sold to get an idea of how many fans are turning up and determine whether it's worth opening another stand for home supporters or not as well as looking at past examples of similar midweek cup ties.

Obviously there are other ways we could save more money but that's for another thread I suspect...

Edited by RiG

That's precisely the discussion I'm trying to generate....is it appropriate?

"Because it's always been done like that" is the kind if thinking that would have us all still living in caves and wiping our erse with leaves.

All I see is a lot of assumption that it's a financial decision and that it saves the club money....how many other things do they do/have they done which don't make obvious financial sense? 🤷‍♂️

If we can open/use the West Stand every other game because Kindergarten 94 help generate an atmosphere that really helps the players...then does this decision mean we're willing to forego that for some matches?

Most attendances for the last few seasons could be accommodated in the main stand, so why are we opening other stands for so many other games?

1 hour ago, STFU said:

So the club should just ignore the fact that some fans will not attend because of the decision?

To be clear, not saying those fans are right/wrong, just highlighting the situation.

Rather pathetic if that’s their reason. The Main stand is perfectly fine and if there’s hardly anyone there it’ll at least get everyone together.

• Agree 2

48 minutes ago, Kind of Blue said:

All fans who want to watch the match can be accommodated in the main stand, what’s the problem with the that? There’s been many midweek cup matches when it has only been the main stand open. Money is short and the club needs to make economies when it can.

So what you're saying is that the club should ignore these people and accept the financial hit?

24 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Rather pathetic if that’s their reason. The Main stand is perfectly fine and if there’s hardly anyone there it’ll at least get everyone together.

Pathetic or not, that's their choice and if the club choose to ignore them, then 🤷‍♂️

I would much prefer to be in my usual seat in the North Stand but as it’s not open I will go to the Main Stand to support the team and I won’t be taking my shoes off to protest it’s too bloody cold. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• tm4tj pinned and unpinned this topic