Raith away Jan28th

tm4tj

Maybe this Time

It seems like forever since Raith Rovers beat Inverness in a League Game. In fact the reality is almost longer than the legend. This Saturday Rovers get another chance to see if they can win all three points as we head to Stark's Park in a Championship encounter that is scheduled for a 3:00pm kick-off. We have an incredible near 23 year record to uphold. Can we continue or will depleted squads eventually take their toll? We missed out because of the weather last week in the Scottish Cup but Raith moved into the next round after beating Linlithgow Rose in midweek. Mid table supremacy or staying clear of the relegation scrap is up for grabs: Bring it on!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Match/Ticket/Supporters Bus Info

Queens Park Cup rescheduled

Scottish Cup Draw

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Venue H2H v Raith Pld Won Drn Lst For Agst + / -
Home 20 13 5 2 38 15 +23
Away 16 9 4 3 32 19 +13
Neutral 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Total 36 22 9 5 70 34 +36

In all competitions it's an astonishing record to be honest. Only five defeats in thirty-six games. The last League defeat was on 28th October 2000. Last League defeat at Stark's Park was two months previous in August 2000. It's fair to say that Raith held the upper hand back then, but ooft, since then it's been mostly one way traffic.

Last 10 Competitive Meetings v Raith Rovers
draw.png
1 - 1
(H)
win.png
2 - 0
(A)
win.png
3 - 2
(A)
draw.png
1 - 1
(H)
draw.png
0 - 0
(H)
draw.png
1 - 1
(A)
win.png
1 - 0
(H)
win.png
1 - 0
(A)
draw.png
0 - 0
(H)
win.png
2 - 0
(H)

Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts

1. Queens Park 21 12 4 5 44 27 40
2. Ayr United 21 10 6 5 41 29 36
3. Dundee 20 10 5 5 33 25 35
4. Partick Thistle 21 10 3 8 42 36 33
5. Morton 20 8 6 6 28 22 30
6. Inverness CT 21 8 6 7 30 28 30
7. Raith Rovers 22 8 5 9 28 29 29
8. Cove Rangers 21 5 7 9 30 42 22
9. Arbroath 22 3 9 10 20 36 18
10. Hamilton Ac. 21 3 5 13 17 39 14

FRIDAY 27TH JANUARY (19:45)

Cove R v Ayr Utd

SATURDAY 28TH JANUARY (3:00)

*Big game at Dens Park*

Dundee v Queen's

Morton v Arbroath

Partick v Accies

Raith Rovers v Caley Jags  

This Month

Have we turned a corner or just steadied the ship? Two resounding wins scoring ten goals against Cove and Arbroath got us up and running in 2023. A home 0-0 draw against Queens Park followed but there was plenty to enthuse over in that game from both sides. The cup tie was postponed last week with the pitch still under the grip of winter. Nonetheless, a fairly productive start to the year with the prospect of more players returning from injury, so all is not lost yet.

Raith have been busy. A 1-0 win over Accies was followed by a 1-1 draw with Dundee. There was the small matter of a Challenge cup win over Queens Park, albeit with much changed squads. A 2-2 draw at Cove thanks to a 92nd minute equaliser from Cove's Neill and a midweek Scottish Cup win at Linlithgow Rose has set them up nicely for this encounter. Raith are unbeaten in their last six Championship games since losing 2-0 to Ayr United at the beginning of December.

Latest Team News

We are slowly getting numbers back but have released George Oakley (who has subsequently joined Morton and has a tale to tell on another day) and Aly Riddle who had been involved with ICTFC since he was 12. Here's hoping the release of Oakley will signal the return of Austin Samuels or another couple of attacking options with Shane Sutherland, Tom Walsh and Roddy MacGregor still on the crocks list. Samuels, Allardice, Harper and Sutherland are allegedly getting closer to a welcome return. Defensively we are in a better place with Duffy, Devine and Delaney back in the squad. Scott Allardice and MacGregor would be the icing on the cake for this season with Robbie Deas still to come later.

Here's Billy being a reluctant as ever to impart much info

Eck's Raith round-up: 

Not much transfer activity at Stark's Park

Out went defender Connor O'Riordan back to Crewe Alexandra after loan expired. Left winger Quin Coulson was transferred to Alloa and front man Kyle Connell returned to parent club Kilmarnock.

Joining from Heart of Midlothian on a short loan until the end of the season is Central Midfield Player Scott McGill. 20 year old Scott has progressed through the Hearts youth system since the age of fourteen, and had previously worked under Manager Ian Murray while on a loan spell at Ardrieonians.

Scottish Cup tie information>>>

Edited  by tm4tj

• Like 2
  • Thank You 1

With our encouraging recent performances, I’m hopeful we can keep the 23 year run going and bring 3 points back north.

If we have some of our casualties back, even if only on the bench to start with, that can only help our cause.

Onwards and upwards!!

• Like 1

Yet again Robbo is in Dingwall commentating on open-all-mics, I know I raised it before and it's been picked up since but it's an absolute disgrace.

If someone can explain to me legitimate reasons for his position at the club then I'll listen but when does enough become enough.

Among many changes need, he has to go.

• Agree 3

Record Intact

The last time Raith Rovers beat us at Stark's Park, it was jumpers for goalposts, three corners a penalty, Donview and Mantis had cranial hair and Groovejet by Spiller featuring Sophie Ellis Bextor topped the charts. Well, are we still waiting? Yes we are and here's why.

Jamie Gullan saw an early header come off the crossbar as the hosts bossed the early pace of the game. Lewis Vaughan opened the scoring on the half hour after a period of home pressure when the ball fell to him outside the box after a succession of corners and he shot low beyond Ridgers. Inverness would need to up their game if they wanted to preserve that record. Jay Henderson levelled the game shortly after the break scoring from a tight angle. Unfortunately for Inverness Aidan Connolly restored their advantage with an hour gone. Scott Allardice returned to action after months out and after a couple of near things for Raith, Billy Mckay popped up to level the game once more seven minutes from the end with a header from a Sean Welsh free kick. That's how it ended and the wait goes on for Raith Rovers fans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With George Oakley off to Morton, Dodds had more space to fill on the bench and back into the frame came long term injured Scott Allardice and Cammy Harper. New signing Ben Woods was missing and still no sign of Austin Samuels. Raith had loan signings midfielder Scott MacGill from Hearts and forward William Akio from Ross County in their squad.

Raith got the game underway and were first to show but Mark Ridgers gathered Lewis Vaughan's effort comfortably in the fourth minute. Jamie Gullan headed off the crossbar a couple of minutes later and the follow up by Dylan Easton was blocked as the hosts made a bright start. Daniel Mackay brought Jamie MacDonald into action as Inverness came out of their defensive shell with fifteen minutes on the clock and Billy Mckay was also denied by the keeper moments later as he tried to clip the ball past MacDonald. Gullan took a knock in a clash with Ridgers and Nolan had some treatment soon after. Raith forced a series of corners and the opener came through Lewis Vaughan who shot home from distance outside the box into the bottom corner. 

Half Time: 1-0

It only took Inverness four minutes to do something about it after the interval when Jay Henderson levelled the game scoring from a tight angle. However Aidan Connolly put Raith back in front on the hour with a  curling shot into the bottom corner. Scott Allardice made a welcome return to action replacing Lewis Hyde soon after with Nathan Shaw replacing Dan Mackay as we looked to rescue something from the game. Billy Mckay showed his defensive qualities clearing the ball off the line to prevent a third for Raith and substitute William Akio was denied by Ridgers as the hosts looked to kill off the game. Mckay preserved the record with a headed goal from Sean Welsh's free kick and Raith's Brown headed over in injury time to ensure it ended all square at 2-2.

Full Time: 2-2

May be an image of textBilly Mckay not only scored his 91st goal for Inverness and fifth since the turn of the year but also made a valuable contribution at the back clearing off the line. Jay Henderson scored his second goal in four games since coming in on loan from St Mirren and it was tremendous to have Scott Allardice back on the pitch after a lengthy lay-off through injury. 

A decent point given Raith's recent resurgence and another game on our road to recovery as well.

Full report and match reaction to follow>>>

Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts
Table after todays games, January 28th 2023
1. Queens Park 22 12 4 6 44 30 40
2. Ayr United 22 11 6 5 46 29 39
3. Dundee 21 11 5 5 36 25 38
4. Partick Thistle 22 10 3 9 42 37 33
5. Inverness CT 22 8 7 7 32 30 31
6. Morton 21 8 6 7 29 24 30
7. Raith Rovers 23 8 6 9 30 31 30
8. Cove Rangers 22 5 7 10 30 47 22
9. Arbroath 23 4 9 10 22 37 21
10. Hamilton Ac. 22 4 5 13 18 39 17

SATURDAY 28TH JANUARY 2023

Dundee 3-0 Queen's Park

Morton 1-2 Arbroath   

Partick 0-1 Accies     

Raith Rovers 2-2 Inverness CT    

Date:  28/01/2023  Venue: Stark's Park, Kirkaldy Attendance: 2025 Referee: Scott Lambie 

Raith Rovers: 2

• Manager: Ian Murray
  • Lineup:  MacDonald; Millen, Nolan, Lang, Dick, Brown, Spencer, Connolly, Vaughn (McBride 87),
  • Easton (Stanton 77), Gullan (Akio 71)
  • Subs (not used):  Thomson; Ngwenya, McNeil, Mitchell, Masson, Frederikson
  • Scorers: Vaughan (29), Connolly (61)
  • Booked: Brown (58)
  • Sent Off: none

Inverness CT: 2

• Manager: Billy Dodds
  • Lineup:  Ridgers; Carson, Duffy, Devine, Delaney, D Mackay (Shaw 66), Welsh, Hyde (Allardice 66),
  • Henderson (L Nicolson 87), Doran (Boyd 81) B Mckay
  • Subs (not used): C Mackay; Strachan, Harper, Cairns, Thompson
  • Scorers: Henderson (49), B Mckay (83)
  • Booked: Welsh (37), Duffy (54) Delaney (71)
  • Sent Off: none
  • Like 3
  • Thank You 1

Until I read the excellent report above, I could only go by Sportscene’s brief report which indicated it was a decent game and we deserved our equaliser late on.

We’ve crept back up to fifth as a result.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bughtmaster said:

Are we so bad nobody dare say anything today 

Maybe everybody's at the game, there's no signal in Fife anyway 😉
But yes, we were bad and Billy got a soft goal to maintain the 99 year unbeaten record.

• Thank You 1

We failed to capitalise on other results, but people will still be satisfied because we maintain an unbeaten run which means nothing and didn't lose.

Honestly think I'm done with this season...anyone want to use what's left of my season ticket? 🤷‍♂️

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

The last time Raith Rovers beat us at Stark's Park, it was jumpers for goalposts, three corners a penalty, Donview and Mantis had cranial hair

We heard a rumour that there was a particular beer in the Exchequer that acted as a hair restorer. However, despite extensive research, we were unable to find it.

• Funny 3
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, STFU said:

We failed to capitalise on other results, but people will still be satisfied because we maintain an unbeaten run which means nothing and didn't lose.

Honestly think I'm done with this season...anyone want to use what's left of my season ticket? 🤷‍♂️

Think there are a lot of us season ticket holders now not using them  . Anyone that knows anything about football can see how backwards we have gone with Dodds .  Certainly can’t see me renewing mine which is sad really .Drawing with Raith is not a good result and should not be applauded as some are doing . He is extremely lucky the club is not in a financially strong footing as he would be long gone . Very poor appointment at the time which looks like we are now stuck with till the end of season . Roll on the end of this era.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, caley1 said:

Think there are a lot of us season ticket holders now not using them  . Anyone that knows anything about football can see how backwards we have gone with Dodds .  Certainly can’t see me renewing mine which is sad really .Drawing with Raith is not a good result and should not be applauded as some are doing . He is extremely lucky the club is not in a financially strong footing as he would be long gone . Very poor appointment at the time which looks like we are now stuck with till the end of season . Roll on the end of this era.

We finished 5th the season Dodds took over, then finished 3rd at the end of his first season and were 45 mins away from promotion. This season we’re back to 5th. I’m not sure he’s been any worse than what we’ve had since John Hughes. Let’s see how we get on when some of the injured players get back. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

We could win every game between now and the end of the season and I don't think it would make me feel any different.

ICT has become a hollow, soulless club.  The football is not entertaining, the feeling of being a part of things has gone and watching so many people off the pitch stealing a wage is unbearable.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

If the highlights are a fair reflection of the game, we are fortunate to have got a point.

Both Raith goals stemmed from poor play by us: a defensive header by Devine that fell to a Raith player and a slack pass by Hyde.

However, both our goals were good. Great play between Henderson and Mckay for the first, whilst the second looked to be off the training pitch. A great run into space by Mckay and picked out perfectly by Welsh.

Big week ahead as we need to beat Morton (and also Queens Park in the cup ideally) then we have a double header next month against Hamilton, our bogey team, who look to have found some form.

We will know by the end of February if we are going to be in contention for a play off place. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STFU said:

We could win every game between now and the end of the season and I don't think it would make me feel any different.

ICT has become a hollow, soulless club.  The football is not entertaining, the feeling of being a part of things has gone and watching so many people off the pitch stealing a wage is unbearable.

I really despair when I see posts like this. Supporters support the team and should do so. By all means have a go at the manager (I didn't want him either) or the board but the team on the pitch needs supported, not by far ns staying away. You don't go to football matches with a guarantee of entertainment but some fans seem to think that is their right. The players do, by and large, seem to be playing for the team hence they should have our support. We are no longer a Premier league team and some fans need a reality check on that. We are a Championship quality team and that is unlikely to change soon. 

Key to next season is getting the right manager in. 

• Agree 7
  • Well Said 3

I agree with Huiseans post but, for fans there is the enjoyment factor of supporting our team.   At Raith, I and a quite a few others chose our seats, up high, away from the sun, good view of the whole pitch.   Then the young fans arrived, around us.  Good, plenty atmosphere, craic ok.  Until the flares - not thrown (could be identified on cctv) so just put on rows around us.  Choking.   I found a Covid mask and put it on.  It is unbelievable to see the colour from the flare which came out of my lungs into the inside of the mask.  Please, please, these flares are damaging lungs and people’s health.  I can show the mask.   I enjoy the craic, the singing, but it’s a shame that I now have to ensure I have a mask to help my health if I’m around our young fans.  Strange days indeed, following ICT.  

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic