Raith away Jan28th

tm4tj

In a league where literally anybody can beat anybody, where home advantage rarely seems to be one, is a draw away from home a bad result? Especially coming back twice from being behind. I'd say that it was pretty decent, given that surely RR by dint of averages must beat us eventually!  Yes you could argue that if Hamilton and Arbroath can win away etc etc, but an away point is still good in my book.  We are slowly getting bodies back, we've scored 12 goals in 4 matches, we kept a clean sheet against the league leaders just recently [a team that played us off the park in the previous meeting].....are we putting on dazzling displays each week, perhaps not.... are we hanging on in there after a torrid winter with an injury crisis, yes we are! two points off the play-offs, 9 off automatic promotion {with every side above us to be played twice again] with the likes of Ayr, Dundee and Partick to be played twice again. We don't have any financial advantage over any other side in the mix, Is the likes of Henderson making a difference? I'd say yes [as was Shaw until he got injured], we've not lost since his arrival which is also helping Billy Mac [and Doran is making a contribution]. The management must be confident of seeing Samuels, Sutherland and Walsh back soon to let Oakley go, and suddenly our subs bench looks a whole lot better. Who knows we could soon see Allardyce,  Welsh and D Mackay in the same midfield.

Do I think Dodds is the right guy for us, I'm not sure...the guy who gave us a real buzz was Neil McCann, but he didn't want to stay, but we have Dodds, he can get us going on good runs, he needs to able to stop the bad runs quicker.

I still think we have a chance this season and I'm booked with my wife to come up for the last home game of the season...I kinda of feel it will be  good trip

Yes...I know I'm certifiable, but I'm still loving supporting Caley {but then I support Palace too, so I know what rollercoaster experiences feel like]

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

3 hours ago, Huisdean said:

I really despair when I see posts like this. Supporters support the team and should do so. By all means have a go at the manager (I didn't want him either) or the board but the team on the pitch needs supported, not by far ns staying away. You don't go to football matches with a guarantee of entertainment but some fans seem to think that is their right. The players do, by and large, seem to be playing for the team hence they should have our support. We are no longer a Premier league team and some fans need a reality check on that. We are a Championship quality team and that is unlikely to change soon. 

Key to next season is getting the right manager in. 

I really despair at those who think fans should just hand over their hard earned and expect nothing in return.

The club have not delivered on a single promise, on or off the park, for a long time.  When things don't pan out, they're either ignored/conveniently forgotten or it's everyone elses fault.

The very least fans should expect is to be entertained...otherwise what's the point?

I'm not having a go at the players, I don't boo players, I clap them onto and off of the park.  They can only do their best and we don't often see players not trying.  However, if they are set up to olay boring football, then the best they can play is boring football.  That's not on them.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Both Raith goals were very well placed/taken shots. There's always an argument for closing down quicker however for us to respond from both and to get a point out the game was excellent. Surely Raith must realise by now it is impossible for them to beat us 😂😂

• Like 1

I rewatched the goals and you have to look at the central midfield for both of Raith's goals.  The first, a fairly simple long ball through the middle is headed clear by Devine.  Maybe you could argue that he should have sent it clear but given the nature of the ball and his body position I think knocking it back into that area is a fair enough clearence, it's reasonable to expect our midfield '2' in a 4-2-3-1 to cover there.  However, both Hyde and Welsh are out of position, leaving a gap for Vaughan to pick the ball up.  It's exactly the sort of position that a player like Vaughan loves, the half space between the midfield and defence and he punished us with a clever hit, early before anyone could pressure him.  You can see the back four looking to cover the forward runs of Raith's other attackers, a very hard position for them to defend.  Hyde is a few yards back, Welsh is miles behind out of the screen when you watch on YouTube.  Poor from them.

For the second goal, Hyde has possession in the centre circle and tries a very ambitious pass, looking to hit Henderson to feet.  It's trying to slide it past two Raith players but the fullback intercepts it and immediate transitions into attack, feeding his midfielder.  Hyde then has to put pressure on the ball but completely fails to block or slow down play, he slips.  This then causes Welsh to have to come across and defend, which pulls him out of position giving space to Vaughan.  Again, our back four are faced with Raith's most dangerous player on the ball in space, in front of them with multiple players making runs at the defence.  This time Vaughan turns provider to Connolly, who takes advantage of the space for a good finish.

Mistakes in the middle from us were very costly - we were outplayed in that area the whole game really.  Allardice coming back is a huge boost.

• Like 2

Don't think Delaney showing a left footer inside was the smartest move in the book.

After Hydes pass and slip he then chased back, crossing/overtaking Welsh like he was running in slo-mo.

We still had a box full of defenders and surely pushing connolly onto his right side would have averted the danger.

Lessons to be learned .

On 1/29/2023 at 6:31 PM, STFU said:

I really despair at those who think fans should just hand over their hard earned and expect nothing in return.

The club have not delivered on a single promise, on or off the park, for a long time.  When things don't pan out, they're either ignored/conveniently forgotten or it's everyone elses fault.

The very least fans should expect is to be entertained...otherwise what's the point?

I'm not having a go at the players, I don't boo players, I clap them onto and off of the park.  They can only do their best and we don't often see players not trying.  However, if they are set up to olay boring football, then the best they can play is boring football.  That's not on them.

🤷‍♂️

Come on now.

Look at how much communication has improved.

Also I'm certain the the roof on the west stand is getting really close to being built. Remember that it just wasn't possible earlier because of the concerts. 🤣

• Funny 3

11 hours ago, Fraz said:

Come on now.

Look at how much communication has improved.

Also I'm certain the the roof on the west stand is getting really close to being built. Remember that it just wasn't possible earlier because of the concerts. 🤣

Who cares about the west stand roof? Honestly if the club spend any of their money on that it will be an absolute waste. Fair enough if it gets fundraised but that shouldn’t be a priority.

• Well Said 1
  • Facepalm 4

1 hour ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Who cares about the west stand roof? Honestly if the club spend any of their money on that it will be an absolute waste. Fair enough if it gets fundraised but that shouldn’t be a priority.

Don't you think Fraz may have been taking about an irony roof???

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

4 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Yes that’s why I gave him a funny emoji, just letting my opinion out that the west roof is stupid. 

Gotta give the young team some cover. West Stand would look so much better with a roof as well. Yes it's hardly our number one priority and some might argue that it is stupid but they have been promising that certain section of our support a roof for months now. Not a good look that in January 2023 the club are nowhere near to fulfilling that promise. 

2 hours ago, Super Caley Man 94 said:

Gotta give the young team some cover. West Stand would look so much better with a roof as well. Yes it's hardly our number one priority and some might argue that it is stupid but they have been promising that certain section of our support a roof for months now. Not a good look that in January 2023 the club are nowhere near to fulfilling that promise. 

I thought the young team had to raise the £25,000 themselves?

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, STFU said:

Maybe get them all a bus shelter to huddle under....the same as fans in wheelchairs are made to do 🤷‍♂️

The suggestion from the supporters trust just before Christmas in a meeting with the club was that as part of the West Stand improvements was that the area near the half way line was made into a proper raised and covered area for people in wheelchairs. This way they would actually have a decent view and be properly covered. 

The club apparently accused them of trying to hijack the improvements and that it will be looked at in a 'future phase'. 

There have been no improvements made to the stadium in all the years I've been going to games and personally it's not a case of this group v that group but little will be done when the club doesn't communicate, doesn't follow through on this things it says it will do and stonewalls folk at every opportunity. 

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic