Inverness CT -V- Queens Park - Sc Cup 4th Rnd

tm4tj

I have listened to the post match comments from Billy Dodds. One comment I just cant get my head round is, They, as expected had loads of possession. Queens Park are having a decent season I understand that. Its a Scottish cup game at home against a team in the same league and we are expecting them to have loads of possession. That sums up the shambles we are in at the moment. I really wonder what is getting said to the players before and after games. We have totally lost our identity since we got relegated. This is just not the Caley Thistle I have watched for many years and I fear those days might not return. It is sad to see the way the club is now especially on the playing field and I am not for one minute blaming on the players. A complete change of direction is needed in the summer and we have to put a strong foundation in place to try and build on. 

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 2

It's Queens Park that have to answer the question of the ineligible player not us. Let them and the SFA detangle the mess (though it seems pretty clear cut) and focus on the upcoming game at the weekend.

I'd trade progression in the Scottish Cup for a win at the weekend TBH.

• Agree 1

I agree with all of that RIG, but to put out reports, video and other media without a hint of a suggestion that something might be amiss. It changes the complexion of everything they have already put out.

Not our fault, so let's be the good guys here and say did that really happen. The truth is they were better than us on the park.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

I agree with all of that RIG, but to put out reports, video and other media without a hint of a suggestion that something might be amiss. It changes the complexion of everything they have already put out.

Not our fault, so let's be the good guys here and say did that really happen. The truth is they were better than us on the park.

I think this is the worst part of it all really. I can't make midweek games anymore up at TCS but from those I know who were there it was pretty dreadful stuff and we were played off the park. The BBC stats (pinch of salt etc) certainly seem to agree with that. We used to be a real Scottish Cup team to fear. Now we seem to surrender meekly and it's a sad sight.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1

Shows how bad we are under Dodds when there seems to be an escape route to stay in the cup and lots of supporters just want Queens Park to stay in it  instead ! . Would just be another dismal performance no doubt with the same Old dribble of excuses coming out of his gob . Actually it would be embarrassing to get a pass to the next round by default. Not that this is a big game in the next round  with big revenue either. Dodds and his circus out and sooner the better for all concerned.

• Like 1
  • Well Said 1

No doubt that Queens Park should face a punishment, rule was broken so due process now needs to be carried out. It’s more than likely they will forfeit the tie but I’d rather they were fined or a replay ordered.
The way things are at the moment we’d probably be on the receiving end of a mightily embarrassing humping by Livi, that wouldn’t do anything to help morale and could make things even worse. Once upon a time I’d have loved the chance to dump Livi out of the cup but now I’d much rather have a decent performance and 3 points on Saturday.

• Agree 2

SFA panel to meet on Friday to consider action against Queens Park. Euan Henderson was not registered before the original date of the tie so should not have played on Tuesday night. Knowing our luck the SFA might just fine them and let them through - the Central Belt Mafia might see to that.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Row S said:

SFA panel to meet on Friday to consider action against Queens Park. Euan Henderson was not registered before the original date of the tie so should not have played on Tuesday night. Knowing our luck the SFA might just fine them and let them through - the Central Belt Mafia might see to that.

The minimum punishment they will get is mandatory ejection from the tournament. The only thing that varies is how big a fine they receive as well.

image.png.77cb4a2a95429e12dcaf86f4dd18a8bf.png

• Thank You 1

13 hours ago, CaleyCanary said:

No doubt that Queens Park should face a punishment, rule was broken so due process now needs to be carried out. It’s more than likely they will forfeit the tie but I’d rather they were fined or a replay ordered.
The way things are at the moment we’d probably be on the receiving end of a mightily embarrassing humping by Livi, that wouldn’t do anything to help morale and could make things even worse. Once upon a time I’d have loved the chance to dump Livi out of the cup but now I’d much rather have a decent performance and 3 points on Saturday.

I completely agree CC. Yes, we all love a cup run but I feel the current manager and squad do not have the same determination as was shown on Tue night (I wasn't there, just judging by match report and stats). Gone are the days of us handing out cup 'shocks'....for now. 

Sitting in the stand on Tuesday night, in the freezing driving rain and high wind that could cut you in two, and watching a team that seems devoid of passion and rudderless, you start to think, ' what's the point of this, there's no enjoyment in any of this'. I have watched football in Inverness since around 1970, and witnessed many losses throughout the years, but I always was optimistic that better days were ahead, but after Tuesday nights dire display, I could really feel a seismic shift in the mood of the home support, as if they were resigned to the fact that we were going no further in the cup. We were all gathered in the main stand, and there was hardly a sound coming from them. There was certainly nothing to cheer about on the pitch, nothing to get them off their seats, no Scottish Cup passion from the team that used to cause so many Cup upsets, no great attempts on the Queens Park goal and the oppositions very small band of fans could be heard singing and shouting in our eerily quiet stadium.

I have said before that there is a huge disconnect between the club and the supporters, and the club can't afford to lose any more supporters. I have heard some supporters talking in the stands, saying that they are not going to renew their season tickets for next season. So how will the club respond to this? Will they say what they said after the merger, when told that some fans were not going to support the new club, I believe that it was along the lines of ' we'll just get new supporters if the old ones don't want to come', so how did that work out for them?

• Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

The mood is all very depressing just now. It seems to me that the quickest way to lift the mood and create wider interest in the club is a good cup run.  

I find it very disappointing that the Club seem so devoid of ambition in this regard. What message does not opening the North Stand for a 4th round match against a good team send the fans?  It tells loyal supporters that they can’t sit in their normal seats and enjoy the banter with the usual folk round about them. It tells others that this is such an unimportant game that the club expects even less people to bother coming than usual. So why on Earth would anyone who doesn’t usually go bother to attend!

Does nobody at the Club remember that we actually won the Cup a few years ago?  Have they forgotten how that run galvanised the support?  We aren’t playing great football at the moment, but in the cup all you need is bit of luck and and one or two good performances and all of a sudden you are in the business end of the competition with a chance of getting to Hampden and/or a big pay day glamour tie against one of the ugly sisters.  It’s not just what the fans want, it’s what the guys on the pitch want too.   Big cup games at the National stadium can be the career highlight for a player. 

This year it looks as though we will have had a very big piece of luck with Queens Park fielding an ineligible player. If so, let’s hope the club can build on that and finally grasp the importance of this wonderful competition.  Livi are eminently beatable, but the players will do better with a strong vocal support urging them on. The Club really should be doing all it can to encourage as big a support as possible. I’ll not hold my breath though.

• Like 3
  • Well Said 2

As regards to the North Stand being closed on Tuesday, did the club ever give a reason as to why this was happening? It couldn't be to save money on the energy cost, as all the lights were on in the stand for the whole match, and surely to cut out the cost of staff to check the tickets at the North Stand gates, could the supporters not have entered through the East Stand entrance, and gone through the fire exit door beside the food kiosk and onto the North Stand? I know how important it is to sit in the seat that you usually have, beside the supporters that you know and have the banter with, so if fans stayed away because of all of the above, I can understand it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

On Tuesday night, in the Main Stand, I found the atmosphere totally lacking, from the first minute to the last.   I did shout a few times but felt I was a lone voice apart from a few swearing.   I’ll go into the Main Stand again, when I have to, but otherwise I’ll continue to be in the North Stand. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Confused 1

A bad start to my evening on Tuesday when we discovered 2 mins before kick off that the club had sold tickets for the same seats we purchased to the Main Stand ST holders who normally sit there prior to the original date for the tie! Luckily there were enough spare seats elsewhere that were sheltered from the swirling rain. 

Edited by Row S
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Gringo said:

I completely agree CC. Yes, we all love a cup run but I feel the current manager and squad do not have the same determination as was shown on Tue night (I wasn't there, just judging by match report and stats). Gone are the days of us handing out cup 'shocks'....for now. 

We beat Livi this season, we also beat them in the Scottish Cup 2 years ago.

• Like 1

First time I have been in the Main Stand since there was a Scotland game played here. Great view but absolute no atmosphere at all. Loudest voice I heard was the guy giving Owen Coyle pelters. As previous posters have said no excuse for closing the North Stand and not a comment why. I brought along a couple of guys who had never been to a game here, don't think they will be back with me either. Just over 800 for a cup game against a good side is a joke. If my usual stand was open, I am sure the attendance would have been more and the banter better, win or lose.

• Confused 1

If anyone seriously thinks opening the North stand would have boosted the attendance, they are kidding themselves. I think there were certainly more than the 800 plus crowd announced but probably no more than a 1000/1200.

The sad fact of life is that the people of Inverness just have no connection to the club and only attend for "big" games. We have our core of around 2000 fans but rarely does that increase. Even Dunfermline and Falkirk in the league below us will get better crowds than us. How we solve the conundrum of getting more people to attend, I don't know but it does strike me that a lot of posters on here and Pie and Bovril find it easier to give reasons not to attend than actually go to games. 

Oh, and for the record, I was one of the fans in the main stand on Tuesday shouting for Dodds to go so not a happy clapper. 

• Agree 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic