Deadline day news

CaleyTennis

I have started this thread to post any deadline day news though it could end up being one that has next to 0 comments lol if we don't sign anybody else.

I think we do need another Striker which could be doable now that we have loaned out a few youngsters and also George Oakley has left so there is money there, likely for a loan move. Which takes me nicely on to the rumour right at the start of January where we were linked with Celtic youngster Joey Dawson, though that's gone quiet since that rumour was first reported. 

Anyway, I see David Sutherland has mentioned on our fan view section of the Press and Journal that he will be keeping an eye on any news tomorrow so maybe he anticipates one more addition too 😛.

Fwiw, if we don't sign anyone else then I won't grumble as it can't be too long until we get more players back from injury :ictscarf:

Oh and feel free to contribute to this thread though I'd appreciate you guys going easy on me 🤣.

Edited by CaleyTennis
Darn typos.
  • Like 1

• CaleyTennis changed the title to Deadline day news
3 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

now that we have loaned out a few youngsters and also George Oakley has left so there is money there, likely for a loan move.

more likely we are just trying to get money off the wage bill.

• Like 1

Getting players back from injury would be like having new signings. Once they're back we need to stop them (and others) from breaking again. I think the wages pot is most definitely in the red so, for me, we won't be seeing any additions to the squad.

He tended to be a sub with them so got little game time.

I thought he’d have made it to a higher level than an English League 2 side after his loan here finished but maybe his progress has stalled. 

Edited by Robert