Livi Scottish Cup

tm4tj

6 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Fantastic result.  Well done lads.  I can now relax and watch Scotland hopefully turn over Wales at Murrayfield.

A good day all round then Sandy 😊

Sounds like it was a very solid performance

I'm not sure how many times we've had Welsh AND Allardice in the same team this season, add in D Mackay and Henderson across that line and we look strong. Couldn't believe my eyes to see Deas on the bench, I imagine it'll be  few games before he starts, but that would be our strongest backline back together. Just need some forwards back to help Billy Mac [I'm assume allowing Oakley to leave to find some form at Morton is linked to the prognosis on long-term injury victims returning]

A definite morale booster, and technically we are unbeaten in 2023, can we build on this? Be nice to continue past the next round of the Cup. League wise it's Interesting that we are the same number of points off a relegation play-off spot as we are the top spot, are we looking down or up?

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

Well done to ICT though none of us saw that coming,which is what makes the result so good.Unfortunately I wasn't at the game, but last week I said on here I don't know why Dodds didn't play Shaw on opposite wing from Jay Henderson from beginning of last week's game because both of them playing putting in crosses for Billy works a treat compared to hoof ball.Not that Dodds would ever listen to anything I would say understanably, but I understand this is what he did today.Billy Mackay an example to all.

I thought Dan Mackay looked good when playing off Billy in the second half last week, so we’ve maybe found out best attack (given current injuries). Henderson and Shaw wide with Mackay supporting Mckay up top. 

• Well Said 1

8 minutes ago, Peleistheman said:

Billy said his second goal was the best he ever scored.

Yeah can’t complain with that. Scored one that reminded me of the Gazza flick against Scotland albeit not as good, but that one’s gotta be his best strike. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Well, goodness knows where that came from. I'll hold my hands up and say I expected us to get gubbed in that tie. (As reflected in my NPL prediction) A tie that we shouldn't, perhaps, have been in. Such are the rules though and we took the opportunity and smashed it. Knowing ICT's cup pedigree in dishing out shocks I (we) should have known better (there's a song there..) A tremendous result and a much needed confidence boost to all. I take we still get prize money for reached the this stage by default? Anyway, prize money secured for the 1/4 final, again, much needed. Onwards and upwards ICT.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

What time does the Scottish Cup sixth round draw start at?

• The sixth round draw to decide the quarter finalists will take place on Monday - February 13.
  • It will begin at 5.30pm - meaning Darvel and Falkirk, who play later that evening, will both be involved.

If Falkirk beat Darvel what chance we draw Falkirk to revive memories of our 30th May 2015 win? Falkirk would be well and truly up for revenge.

• Like 1

I'm not usually one for predictions, but I have this feeling that we are going to get a home draw against Celtic. If it comes to pass that I'm correct, I will definitely do the lottery on Saturday, something I haven't done for 20 years, and if it is a significant sum of money, I will buy the club and restore us to our former glory! 😀

• Funny 4

Well what a difference a week makes. I simply could not be bothered making any comment about the Morton debacle and then mesmerised after Dodds clearly underwent a lobotomy in mid week. It appears to have convinced him that Dorian is a bit player and more effective as a sub, Shaw has to start and he picked the best 11 available- but not only that but the tactics were spot on. A vey effective mix between a switchable 4-3-3 to a 4-4-2 - with Shaw playing a blinder swooping between both. Then everybody pressed the ball but we maintained a high defensive line.And EVERY player gave 110%. Add in the best away support in a long time and it was a return to 2015. We looked like the SPL outfit. Shure we had our moments but Livi rarely looked like scoring - in fact their shooting reminded me of Jimmy Bullard on Soccer AM. I can even dispense with a Smileymometer as the least that I would score any individual was 4/5. I would give a 5 to Rodger’s, Carson and Shaw and a rare award of 5+ to Billy McKay and Allardice. Despite his two brilliantly taken goals I would give Allardice the MOM as he never stopped running and got right up the noses of the more delicate Livi midfield. And when you look at the final 8 then we need to avoid the Jam Tarts and the Old Filth and Hampden be the most unlikely outcome ever. I would also prefer an away game,preferably in Ayrshire - not for personal reasons of course - what about a Darvel v ICT quarter final !!

• Like 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Well Said 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic