Accies at Home Feb18th

tm4tj

21 hours ago, Big cherly said:

Can all fans who think this way ‘get real’ and wake up.  

Players know ICT ground is a soleless and lonely place with no atmosphere. 

Throw in no money, ICT is just not a good image or option right now! 

Sorry to be blunt, but until we start addressing some of these issues we’re  just treading water. 
bc

I am very real and wide awake. Cheers. 😇

No need to be blunt as you've hit the nail fully on the head.:clapping:

48 minutes ago, RiG said:

The issue for me wasn't so much the slack pass it was the fact that Shaw didn't give chase until it was too late.

Yes, I noticed that, after the bad pass, Shaw stood and shook his head, then decided to run after their player. It was too late by then, and we were always taught not to hesitate if we made a mistake, and track the player as he might make a mistake or trip and we'd be there to take advantage of the situation. I know Shaw is a young player, and I think he had shown potential over the last few games, so I hope he learns from his mistake and puts it behind him and push on with his development. 

On 2/19/2023 at 9:10 AM, forresjags said:

Shaw's attempted pass was wayward but Hamilton picked the ball up in their own half. There was still plenty of time for Devine, Welsh etc to make a decent challenge. 

The turning point was Billy missing a sitter and Daniel inability to control a football when one on one.

Sounds like some of our best players up front and in defence had a mare after the first 25mins...not sure how this is BD's fault?   Put it this way was last weeks great win and performance down to the players or BD? {or Both}

• Agree 1

Jay Henderson, as others have said, was probably one of the few bright sparks in an otherwise poor game. I think he was doubled up as the game went on though so I was a little surprised that Dodds didn't seem to want to have Carson overlap Henderson to take away at least one of the markers to make things a little easier for him. Oh for the days of Shinnie/Tremarco and Raven bursting down the flanks...

I actually think that Dodds may have sussed out what is going on but hasn't got a scoobie what to do about it - which is my main concern about Dodds. He keeps going on about how difficult it is to play at home as teams sit back and try and hit us on the break. Is that not the case all over the feckin world ? But the away games that I have witnessed - evidently apart from Livi - he has set up to defend, defend and defend but relied on Billy "No mates" for any break. Given our position in the league why not utilise the Livi system in every game this season ? Is that too simple ?

I have a wee conspiracy theory but can anyone suggest any reason for the Livi performance from a financial and self-preservation perspective ?

Was there a win bonus on offer for Livi ?

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I actually think that Dodds may have sussed out what is going on but hasn't got a scoobie what to do about it - which is my main concern about Dodds. He keeps going on about how difficult it is to play at home as teams sit back and try and hit us on the break. Is that not the case all over the feckin world ? But the away games that I have witnessed - evidently apart from Livi - he has set up to defend, defend and defend but relied on Billy "No mates" for any break. Given our position in the league why not utilise the Livi system in every game this season ? Is that too simple ?

I have a wee conspiracy theory but can anyone suggest any reason for the Livi performance from a financial and self-preservation perspective ?

Was there a win bonus on offer for Livi ?

Hmmmmmm

10 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Oh my, not like fans to speculate. 

And get it wrong

Nobody would speculate if communication from the club was better.

However I speculate (maybe wrongly) its this way because those in charge are narcissistic and have nothing but contempt for the fans.

Who actually started the 'rumours', certainly not the club. In fact they are not even rumours, they are lies. 

I do agree that more information regarding injuries would give us a better understanding of where the injured players are at, but someone started the sh!t stirring that just muddied the waters and that can't be blamed on the club.

25 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Who actually started the 'rumours', certainly not the club. In fact they are not even rumours, they are lies. 

I do agree that more information regarding injuries would give us a better understanding of where the injured players are at, but someone started the sh!t stirring that just muddied the waters and that can't be blamed on the club.

No of course not and whilst I wouldn't expect the club to come out and have to quash every single daft rumour that kicks off they can head some of these off at the pass by being a bit more open on injuries or any other reason why players may be missing from first team action.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Maybe if the club kept us properly updated on players who were out then some of these rumours wouldn't start.

If Samuels didn't say anything to counter the rumours, it's also possible that he indicated to the club that he didn't want them to say anything either.

Yes, we usually hear about players' injuries, but medical details are sensitive personal information and should only be released with the person's explicit consent.

To be fair after he gave the ball away every Hamilton player outsprinted our guys to support the breakaway. Carson jogged in 10 yards after his man while Harper was nowhere near his guy, the goalscorer. 

This was early in the 2nd half ffs! 

The pass was awful, but the aftermath was worse. Only one team willing to burst themselves for the cause.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic