West Stand Roof

Fraz

I stood there for many seasons before we had to go all seated. There was a good crowd in the corner and the weather didn’t bother us much without a roof. 
Good luck raising the money which won’t be easy in the current climate!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IBM said:

I stood there for many seasons before we had to go all seated. There was a good crowd in the corner and the weather didn’t bother us much without a roof. 
Good luck raising the money which won’t be easy in the current climate!

Yeah I agree there’s plenty of space in other parts of the ground if you need a roof. I enjoyed my early days in that corner too and changing ends at half time to see us shooting at the other end. There are plenty  of other grounds with uncovered terracing as well. Good luck in getting to their total but I can’t help but feel there could be better things to fund. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

They have to sit in the West Stand because they're not welcome in the North Stand without having to sit like mice too many fans in the North and Main Stand complain about the noise, language behaviour etc. I don't think they want to be sitting in the most exposed section of the stadium but they literally have no choice. Club has been promising them this roof for a while now. 

• Thoughtful 1

As I've said elsewhere, I'd rather see the club backing efforts to improve conditions for those fans who don't have the luxury of climbing steps to get into the stands.

This thing with Kindergarten 94 reeks of them (the club) trying to regain some popularity... the timing is no coincidence.

What's more, should we achieve a return to the Premier League, then the west stand couldn't be used without adding seats.

On no front does it make sense to waste time or money on this project.

Also, who's holding the money being raised?  I wouldn't trust it to be in the clubs account given all the chat around our financial situation!

55 minutes ago, Super Caley Man 94 said:

They have to sit in the West Stand because they're not welcome in the North Stand without having to sit like mice too many fans in the North and Main Stand complain about the noise, language behaviour etc. I don't think they want to be sitting in the most exposed section of the stadium but they literally have no choice. Club has been promising them this roof for a while now. 

Can you supply evidence re this? I sit in middle North stand have not seen anything to back this up 

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 1

3 hours ago, Super Caley Man 94 said:

I find that very strange that the young team felt they were not welcome in the North stand.  I sit about half way up section e, a lot of the young team sat in the front few rows of section e right in front of me.  Never seen any issues with them being there or saw any issues out with stewards clamping down on them now and again.  That wasnt to do with the other supporters around then though!

But, if that's how some of them feel then fair enough, go the the west stand.  Its actually not a bad place to be watching the game, its where I used to stand back in the day before we got promotion and had to build the North stand seating.

As its self funding and not being funded by the club I hope they manage to get the roof but it will take a massive effort from S94 and looking at the crowds that have been in the west stand the last few games and the difficulty there was to get 8 people to shake buckets yesterday I think its a pipe dream that's never going to happen.

• Agree 7

• 2 weeks later...

If it is ever completed, or even part completed, can we have a competition to name whatever is built. Starter for 10, I propose ‘ robbo’s heid’ (ie the head on a submarine) or the ‘hearts north hillbilly riff raff! 

over to the riff raff! 

Edited by Big cherly

I loved when the noisy crew were in the north stand as they g'eed the rest of us up to make a wee bit of noise, but I also enjoy watching their antics when they are on form (not so much lately), in the west stand. Keep on making a racket guys, for those of us that are getting too old and decrepit to make much noise nowadays. Someone has to teach the words to such classics as Inverness is Wonderful to the little fans.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

Someone has to teach the words to such classics as Inverness is Wonderful to the little fans.

Shame someone hadn't taught it to the club before they got it printed on the shirts 😂

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

Just had a look at the go fund me page and it's currently at £1000 with a target on £20,000.

Gone quiet

I know it’s been said before but I just don’t get it. They should be in with the rest of the fans and building an atmosphere rather than ostracising themselves in the west stand.

• Like 1

I think it would be better if they were in North Stand but other supporters have complained about them there so they feel there is no other option for them but to try and start something in the West Stand. 

22 hours ago, RiG said:

I think it would be better if they were in North Stand but other supporters have complained about them there so they feel there is no other option for them but to try and start something in the West Stand. 

Other supporters should be told to do one!! Imho 

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1

Sitting in Section E I never really heard any real complaints about them tbh. Was only really an issue on the odd occasion they were super busy down the front and blocked some people's view. This wasn't a problem with past singing sections as they were at the back - old Section G then E. 

The problem has persisted as the club was never willing to designate an official singing section in North Stand as they didn't want to annoy any season ticket holders by moving them. So we end up with a wierd situation where there's nowhere for a designated singing section but there's simultaneously plenty of space. 

I don't blame them for wanting a space that's 'theirs' tbh and I hope it works out after the club backpeddaled somewhat on the roof, but I honestly don't see it happening. There seems to be no drive from S94 or the club on this whatsoever and no mention in over 2 months that I recall. So unless they get a friendly business or two to sponsor the stand I don't see it coming to anything.

As for unspent monies, perhaps it should go improving the woeful disabled access and facilities there are, which the club should be looking to improve regardless.