Accies Away Feb21st

tm4tj

Dodds keeps saying ' we're a right good team', well sorry Billy, it's the worst ICT team that I have watched.

The rhetoric from Dodds about getting into the playoffs and other teams know we're a good team are starting to sound like the noises that Foran was making towards the end, and we know how that season ended!

• Agree 2

Well I would have to say that I did NOT feel that Dodds was responsible tonight. Apart from Allardice and Billy there was no sense of quality. Danny McKay was awful and Shaw was a total lightweight. We missed or overplayed countless chances. We bossed large periods of the game but still looked uneasy and brittle every time that Hamilton came forward which wasn’t very often. We simply should have been strolling by the hour.  Need to see replays but both of Billy’s cards looked soft if not wrong. 

• Thank You 2

Big clear out required, which will be hastened by part time football. I still feel there has been a deliberate attempt to run things down after the dizzy heights of 2014/15. Covid just accelerated that process.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

Love to hear the thoughts of others in attendance but we really should have been out of sight and at one stage a hammering by us was on the cards. We either missed chances, made an awful last touch or made terrible touches when in good positions. We then gave away a stupid penalty and - perhaps blame Dodds - but we get it down the wing -?but instead of taking defenders on we blast it aimlessly into the box. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WYNESS101 said:

image.png.f6f11d9dd1e5dbc7fdb4ee8a7d012094.png

image.png.0dbdef47c17630c07b22f9bc45de82d9.png

Imagine being as ***** as we are, yet still only 5 points away from the play-off with 11 games to go. Utterly bonkers league where everybody is embarrassingly poor.

BTW I'm not sure we can close that gap due to being utter ***** but based on our squad strength and depth it shouldn't have become impossible. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

35 minutes ago, jed5697 said:

Caley Thistle were second in the league (behind Partick on GD) on 15 October. The table since then:

Queen's Park 27
Dundee 25
Ayr 22
Raith 22
Morton 20
Hamilton 17
Partick 16
Arbroath 15
Cove 15
ICT 12

That says it all about the last four months. 

12 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

I wonder if things can get any worse.  Then I look at our next two league fixtures... away to Dundee and Ayr, and that stops me wondering. Almost a certainty to be worse I fear.

And then Queens Park away.

And we forget, despite that alarming league table since 15 October, we had the Manager of the Month for January…

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Imagine being as ***** as we are, yet still only 5 points away from the play-off with 11 games to go. Utterly bonkers league where everybody is embarrassingly poor.

BTW I'm not sure we can close that gap due to being utter ***** but based on our squad strength and depth it shouldn't have become impossible. 

Pains me to say it but without the OF goals distorting the Premier league stats this is exactly how that league would pan out if the OF decided to bugger off. Only difference being you would pay £40 odd rather than £20 odd to watch the garbage.

Throughout the two 'full-time leagues the quality of players (and management) is probably the lowest its been for 20 years.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

The only issue that I would have raised tactically tonight is that we should have packed the midfield more.  Henderson was rarely involved, especially when Carson departed and Danny McKay was simply awful - whilst Shaw could not punch his way out of a paper bag. But again we went for it and for long periods were the better team. Our defensive frailty was down our left flank. Deas and Samuels will make a big difference. Going to stop now as I still can’t fathom how we lost tonight. With the returning players we may well make Hampden and be safe but the loss of McKay will halt any play on appearance. So it is not a Dodds at fault accusation but pointing the finger at 4 players who let us all down tonight 

• Like 1

It's a state of mind issue.  It sounds as though the commitment was there today and lots of chances were made.  But they weren't taken.  Against Livi when there was little pressure we had 4 attempts on goal and 3 excellent composed finishes.  So we know the guys can do it.  In the last two games we have had far more and easier chances but not taken them.  Even the best players make bad mistakes and players at our level will make plenty of mistakes.  What they need to know is that they are not going to blamed or bawled at every time they make a mistake.  They need to maintain the confidence that whilst they will make some mistakes, they will get it right often enough to make a difference.  It seems players are panicking in front of goal and either rushing it or overthinking it.  The coaching staff need to give them the confidence to help them relax and focus on the job in hand rather than worrying about making a mess of it.  It doesn't look if that is happening.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

Picking up on IHE’s comments, who’s the better left back, Harper or Delaney?

Delaney was getting MoM points for fun earlier in the season but faded a bit.

Harper looks better in a more advanced role.

I’d bring Delaney back for Saturday as hopefully his spell on the bench will have motivated him.

Or do we put Deas in as he’s the best of the lot despite being an excellent centre half.

What’s happened to Lewis Nicholson: is he injured?

Hopefully Samuels is fit enough to start in place of Mackay, but who do we play up front? It’s a big ask of Cairns but we’ve no other out and out striker available. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

The only issue that I would have raised tactically tonight is that we should have packed the midfield more.  Henderson was rarely involved, especially when Carson departed and Danny McKay was simply awful - whilst Shaw could not punch his way out of a paper bag. But again we went for it and for long periods were the better team. Our defensive frailty was down our left flank. Deas and Samuels will make a big difference. Going to stop now as I still can’t fathom how we lost tonight. With the returning players we may well make Hampden and be safe but the loss of McKay will halt any play on appearance. So it is not a Dodds at fault accusation but pointing the finger at 4 players who let us all down tonight 

Genuine question? Can anyone actually see Dodds sorting this out? That post match interview is deluded. 

• Well Said 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic