Matchday Experience Survey

Jenaitchie

Matchday Experience Survey (1).pdfHi Everyone 

The ICT Supporters Trust would love to get your feedback on your Matchday Experience through the survey we have recently launched -  

Survey | ICT Supporters Trust

All feedback very welcome..

Thank you 

Edited by Jenaitchie
  • Like 1
  • Thank You 2

Survey is way too long...it only needs two question scored from 1 to 10.

1.  How satisfied are you with the way the club is being run just now?

2. How likely are you to continue attending matches next season?

Everything else just creates noise for them to hide behind... assuming they actually acknowledge the outcome.

Appreciate the efforts of the Trust, but the club are just giving you busy work to keep you quiet and out of the way for a little longer.

Pretty certain the last mention of the survey I saw was a member of the trust board saying it was being developed in association with the club, so you'll understand my assumption in that regard.

Have no idea who you are, but assuming you are also a trust board member?  One of you is wrong...or did it change as the club stopped cooperating on that initiative also?

I’ve completed the survey and feel “it did what it says on the tin”, covering all elements of the match day experience.

I did highlight in the comments section that my main gripes are the ongoing poor communication by the club and the queues at the catering outlets at half time.

The survey rightly does not stray into performances.

I hope it gets a good response and results in improvements that will benefit us all. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

I am not a trust board member, however, for around a year now on a voluntary basis I have been trying to lift the profile of the trust and have been responsible for building the website and any graphic design work. I am very much in communication daily with the board members. In this time we have doubled the membership. The survey has been developed solely by myself and the board members. The football club itself have given us the backing to go ahead with this and hopefully it's the start of better things to come.

Edited by High1ander
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

8 minutes ago, Robert said:

I’ve completed the survey and feel “it did what it says on the tin”, covering all elements of the match day experience.

I did highlight in the comments section that my main gripes are the ongoing poor communication by the club and the queues at the catering outlets at half time.

The survey rightly does not stray into performances.

I hope it gets a good response and results in improvements that will benefit us all. 

Thank you Robert your survey response has been read.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, STFU said:

Survey is way too long...it only needs two question scored from 1 to 10.

1.  How satisfied are you with the way the club is being run just now?

2. How likely are you to continue attending matches next season?

Everything else just creates noise for them to hide behind... assuming they actually acknowledge the outcome.

Appreciate the efforts of the Trust, but the club are just giving you busy work to keep you quiet and out of the way for a little longer.

Disagree it's too long. Took me maybe 12-15 mins giving it due consideration and the missus interrupting me. 

So less time that you typically spend waiting in a que for a Bovril at the North Stand. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

A very small amount of time to ask considering the length of time it's taken to build the survey and also bearing in mind there are very few of us. We then have to analyse the data and produce a report. Speaking personally this is a steep learning curve.

We don't have the privilege of being able to outsource the work.

If you haven't already completed the survey please do so Our Matchday Survey

Also why don't you join the trust to strengthen our voice!

matchday-experience-a5-flyer-144.jpg

Edited by High1ander

Obviously didn't fill in the form as I only attend one or two games every year or maybe every other year on trips across the pond, but I did read through the questions and agree they seem reasonable enough.

As someone has said, you could ask only 2 questions, but then you would only get two answers. For this questionnaire, it seems a bit more in depth and may highlight areas of concern that were previously disregarded or thought as not an annoyance for many fans. That will allow the trust to focus on those areas with the club (assuming a dialogue is open and in place). Whether the club listen or not is a different subject and question, but the survey results would hopefully give a substantial set of data to build things on if they do. (that and a few wins of course!)

• Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Just to be clear, I have completed the survey.  I'm not saying the questions are not relevant, what I'm saying is that as things stand, the only message the club should need reinforcing right now is "Fans are not satisfied".  If they can't see why, then they shouldn't be running things.

When fans (people in general) are so dissatisfied, then they lose objectivity on everything, and you won't get a true view of where the priority issues are because EVERYTHING will be a problem.

When you don't have a big resource, which the Trust doesn't then, under the current circumstances, you have to pick your battles...not try and fight all battles at once.

25 minutes ago, STFU said:

When fans (people in general) are so dissatisfied, then they lose objectivity on everything, and you won't get a true view of where the priority issues are because EVERYTHING will be a problem.

This I agree with... a run of 10 straight wins and the responses would be less on the negative side than you will likely get right now...

The purpose of the survey is twofold.  Firstly it is to try and identify the issues which would make the match day more enjoyable/comfortable for regulars.  Secondly it is to identify factors which currently put people off from coming more often or at all.  Clearly this is about issues other than how the lads perform on the park.  Some may say that we all know what the issues are, so what's the point?  The point is that if a small number of people tell the club that something is wrong, the club will say they can't make any changes just for a handful of folk when everybody else seems fine with the way things are.  People will have a moan to friends and family but few actually feel able to complain when things are not right and the club seems to take the view that people don't complain to them, then they are happy with how things are.  What a survey does is to give a voice to everyone and then (if sufficient people complete the survey) it provides evidence of the extent and depth of those views.  For instance, if 2 or 3 individuals tell the club that the food offerings are poor and over-priced, the club will ignore it.  If 200 of 300 people completing the survey say it is poor and over-priced and 50 of those say they rarely if ever buy it as a result and another 50 say it is a reason why they rarely go to matches, then that becomes rather hard to ignore.  It is therefore really important that as many people as possible complete the survey so that issues can be identified and prioritised for action.

It follows from this that we are particularly keen to get the views of people who rarely attend matches.  Dwindling crowds is a real concern, and if aspects of the matchday experience other than the football is what is putting people off, then addressing those issues will help to attract people back.  It will also, of course, make for a better experience for the regulars who are currently putting up with any shortcomings.  Therefore it would be incredibly helpful if folk on here could forward the link to friends, family, colleagues etc who are not regular supporters and who might not hear about this survey from any other route.  Your help in doing that would be much appreciated.

https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/survey

• Like 4

Hi, I don’t follow the trust stuff much, but this topic/survey caught my attention. 
I completed and submitted the questionnaire. Would like to know when its findings and number of returns will be published. (Any chance this forum)?

For me the common denominator is always money. And if anything cost more that a token few quid the ICT board will stick it in the ‘for filing’ tray.  It’s understandable as they have no money anyway, ref concerts and fans to stump up for Robertson’s shed cover. 

I wish the trust well in the efforts to improve the match experience and facilities. A wide range of issues for sure -  Need young members here!!

Hope the board treat it more that a foot stool and give a yes or no and set timetable for top recommendations made by the independent trust. 

Edited by Big cherly
  • Like 2

Thanks for the interest.  Can't say when the findings will be released because it will take quite a lot of time to work through the results and check everything.  Obviously we want as many people to complete the survey as possible but the more that do, the longer it will take to process the results and prepare a report.  It will certainly be posted on here.

I completed the survey earlier in the week, I hope that you get a good response to it, and hats off to you for your endeavours.

I have contributed suggestions over the years to the club, but nothing seems to happen, they make all the right noises at the time, but even the smallest things are not carried through, so I'll be interested to see if anything comes from the survey.

• Thank You 1

A lot of the questions could really do with a N/A option. For example, attitude of club staff when purchasing a home ticket is irrelevant to someone like me who buys / renews their season ticket online with no interaction with anyone from the club.

• Like 1

I filled out the survey. I did have a ST even through covid although not this season ( I have 4 dependents and cornflakes are now £4 a box ! ) I don't get the question around the whole matchday atmosphere though. As an old school terrace dweller part of the matchday experience was getting in and building the noise before kick off not suffering loud music and contrived "entertainment" We the fans should drive the atmosphere its no coincidence that since the demise of standing its the away support that make the atmosphere what it is at many grounds.  

• Well Said 2

On 3/4/2023 at 10:04 PM, Leaky Blinder said:

I filled out the survey. I did have a ST even through covid although not this season ( I have 4 dependents and cornflakes are now £4 a box ! ) I don't get the question around the whole matchday atmosphere though. As an old school terrace dweller part of the matchday experience was getting in and building the noise before kick off not suffering loud music and contrived "entertainment" We the fans should drive the atmosphere its no coincidence that since the demise of standing its the away support that make the atmosphere what it is at many grounds.  

Thanks for filling out the survey and for your feedback here.  By their nature, surveys have to rely on yes/no or scoring answers to specific points in order to be able to draw valid conclusions, but there is also space for free text answers which provide the opportunity for people to give a bit more detail on things you think are particularly important or which the survey doesn't pick up on.  I understand you point though.  I'm an old school terrace dweller myself.

A wee bit in the Inverness Courier about the matchday survey this week.  The focus there is really to try and get people who rarely if ever get to games to tell us why they don't go and what might entice them to come along a bit more often.

A lot of folk were at the game last night who don't often come to games.  It is important for the club to entice these fans to come on a more regular basis.  More fans means more money for the Club and a better atmosphere for everyone else.  Obviously the team made it a great experience last night, but if you were at the game, how did you find the wider experience of buying a ticket, parking, catering, toilets, stewarding?    The Supporters Trust would like your views on all these things and more.  So, if you haven't completed the survey yet, please take a few minutes to let us know what you think.  You can find the survey at https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/survey

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

A wee bit in the Inverness Courier about the matchday survey this week.  The focus there is really to try and get people who rarely if ever get to games to tell us why they don't go and what might entice them to come along a bit more often.

A lot of folk were at the game last night who don't often come to games.  It is important for the club to entice these fans to come on a more regular basis.  More fans means more money for the Club and a better atmosphere for everyone else.  Obviously the team made it a great experience last night, but if you were at the game, how did you find the wider experience of buying a ticket, parking, catering, toilets, stewarding?    The Supporters Trust would like your views on all these things and more.  So, if you haven't completed the survey yet, please take a few minutes to let us know what you think.  You can find the survey at https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/survey

As a side note I believe it cost £5 to park in car park last night. Up from £3. 

Rumours the club intends to raise this income themselves rather than it be community trust fundraising