Matchday Experience Survey

Jenaitchie

Only three days left to receive your feedback. If we hope to see change for the better please take part in the survey your opinions matter. The more respondents we get the louder our voice will be heard. A lot of work has gone into the survey and it will only take you a few minutes to complete. Don't miss out on giving your opinion.

Thank you on behalf of the Supporters Trust.

https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/survey

Today is the deadline to complete the Supporters Trust Matchday Survey.  Whether you think the matchday experience is brilliant or awful or anything in between, the Supporters Trust wants to know.  From tomorrow, detailed work will start on collating all the data and preparing a report which will be presented to the Club and made publicly available.  This is an opportunity to make recommendations about potential improvements to the matchday experience which will be backed up by firm evidence of the supporters' views.  This is your chance to give your views about what is good and not so good about the matchday experience.  Help the Trust to help you.  CLICK HERE NOW to get your voice heard.

Many thanks to all of you who have already completed the survey.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, I may have been elsewhere and missed this survey findings, so just wondering if the match experience survey findings / report was issued?

If it has been issued, where can I find the findings? If it is still to be published, a few questions. 1) is there a date for its release.  2) what’s the procedure for review/filtering of the returns 3) who ultimate controls the survey (the club or the fans)? 

thanks

Many thanks for asking.  And, no. You haven't missed it!  There are two of us working on it.  There is no specific date for its release.  We are trying to work through it as quickly as possible but it is a lot of work.  The Supporters Trust initiated, wrote and ran the Survey and will control the data and the distribution of the survey report.  I am no longer on the Supporters Trust Board, but when they are happy with the final content, I would expect them to share the report with the Club first before it is distributed more widely.  

The hope is that report will lead to some constructive engagement between the Club, the Supporters Trust and other relevant groups and individuals.  There has been some brilliant feedback and ideas from supporters in the free text and the report will include several direct (anonymised) quotes from supporters in the text.  

I appreciate it has been a while since the survey closed, but I hope you will think the time and effort going into the report has been worth it when you finally see it.  I would hope the report can be released to all by the end of July, but I can't promise that,  I will be sure to update folk on here if a release date is decided or if there is going to be any delay.

• Like 1
  • Thank You 4

A lot of effort has gone into this survey so I sincerely hope the club listen to any criticisms, suggestions and advice.

Edited by Gringo
  • Agree 3

14 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Many thanks for asking.  And, no. You haven't missed it!  There are two of us working on it.  There is no specific date for its release.  We are trying to work through it as quickly as possible but it is a lot of work.  The Supporters Trust initiated, wrote and ran the Survey and will control the data and the distribution of the survey report.  I am no longer on the Supporters Trust Board, but when they are happy with the final content, I would expect them to share the report with the Club first before it is distributed more widely.  

The hope is that report will lead to some constructive engagement between the Club, the Supporters Trust and other relevant groups and individuals.  There has been some brilliant feedback and ideas from supporters in the free text and the report will include several direct (anonymised) quotes from supporters in the text.  

I appreciate it has been a while since the survey closed, but I hope you will think the time and effort going into the report has been worth it when you finally see it.  I would hope the report can be released to all by the end of July, but I can't promise that,  I will be sure to update folk on here if a release date is decided or if there is going to be any delay.

Thanks for the update, that helps me understand where things are on the matter.

By the sound of it, the numbers of returns have proved how important the club mean to the fans and can be considered a success in undertaking it. 

It’s an artery that may demonstrate that the (core) fan base consider the recent communication channels (i include the supporters trust ) between the club hierarchy and core fans is deficient and needs reviewed.

I’m sure there will be a pile of recommendations from the survey for the club to consider, (from the team, management, youth teams, contracts, ground, relationship between club / fans), from the unrealistic, worth considering and yes no-brainier.   As ever it comes down to money, but there has to be a “will” beforehand. 

So good luck with the review and filtering of the survey returns. I realise the constraints with only two people working on the task, but there is a risk that its findings (report) is diminished if it is released long after the survey was undertaken. Ie mid season in December.  (Maybe the club could put forward a admin person to help)?

I also realise it’s Zip to do with me, but I always hesitate and question the merit in the club officials seeing the findings before the fans. I don’t know if the club has the power to influence what is finally published, however given the, (let’s call it strong) views of a lot of fans with the board/CEO’s past record, the survey final report may fall into a similar mindset by some fans if this is the case and hence loose it ultimate objective of better communication.

I hope that outwith the simply offensive, all comments ( ones not selected for the final report) will be available to view somewhere 

I want to close by saying well done to those running the survey (and the two poor souls collating the findings).

bc

Edited by big cherly
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, big cherly said:

Thanks for the update, that helps me understand where things are on the matter.

By the sound of it, the numbers of returns have proved how important the club mean to the fans and can be considered a success in undertaking it. 

It’s an artery that may demonstrate that the (core) fan base consider the recent communication channels (i include the supporters trust ) between the club hierarchy and core fans is deficient and needs reviewed.

I’m sure there will be a pile of recommendations from the survey for the club to consider, (from the team, management, youth teams, contracts, ground, relationship between club / fans), from the unrealistic, worth considering and yes no-brainier.   As ever it comes down to money, but there has to be a “will” beforehand. 

So good luck with the review and filtering of the survey returns. I realise the constraints with only two people working on the task, but there is a risk that its findings (report) is diminished if it is released long after the survey was undertaken. Ie mid season in December.  (Maybe the club could put forward a admin person to help)?

I also realise it’s Zip to do with me, but I always hesitate and question the merit in the club officials seeing the findings before the fans. I don’t know if the club has the power to influence what is finally published, however given the, (let’s call it strong) views of a lot of fans with the board/CEO’s past record, the survey final report may fall into a similar mindset by some fans if this is the case and hence loose it ultimate objective of better communication.

I hope that outwith the simply offensive, all comments ( ones not selected for the final report) will be available to view somewhere 

I want to close by saying well done to those running the survey (and the two poor souls collating the findings).

bc

Thanks for your comments.  It is important to note that this is purely a survey regarding the matchday experience and therefore the report will not touch on many of the topics you mention.  We did, however, ask about communication regarding the matchday and that certainly generated a lot of comment about communication more generally.  We also asked for views on a matchday programme.  If a matchday programme was re-introduced, then that could be a vehicle for communication about the other topics you raise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The position is still broadly what I wrote a couple of weeks ago, although we have made good progress and the report is now, to all intents and purposes, completed.   The Trust Board will be looking at it in detail over the next two weeks.  There will no doubt be a few changes to make one way and another asa result, but I'm still hopeful it will be available to all by the end of July

• Like 1
  • Thank You 1

54 minutes ago, CaleyCiuin said:

Any update on when the findings maybe published and what the intention is going to be with the information. I submitted my response like  others, many, many weeks ago.  

Patience my friend. Volunteers working hard on it. PWC were unavailable at the time. 

• 5 weeks later...

Further apologies, it works if you click on the link from News from the Trust home page

https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/

We were making changes to the URL to remove the registration and there is a bit of a glitch at present. It worked for me, otherwise I won't have shared it.

Hopefully the direct link will be back working again very soon.

2 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Well done on a good-looking and thorough presentation.

Just a shame that only 316 people completed the survey. No doubt the club will view this as unrepresentative and ignore it!?

If you use average home match attendance as a measure then it's about 15%, which is within the expected/acceptable range for customer satisfaction surveys.

Not read it yet, but managed to get it open.