New Inverness

1 hour ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

The Southern Distributor road between Inshes and Torvean.  But points off for it not being a dual carriageway, as it should have been.

I agree just like the A9 in the late seventies when the Westminster Government gave us 10 miles of dual carriageway in stead of 110 miles!

From Drakies to the Bught it’s easier going through the town centre even with the 20mph speed limits. 

UHI Campus for me too.

The West Link Bridge has made a difference, but the Distributor needs proper links to the A9 to work properly (and a solution for Inshes Roundabout) and I wish they’d reduce the green time for pedestrians at the crossings as it is excessive at all of them. 

Edited by Robert

Agree with the road and the UHI comments but for me the biggest improvement was opening up the castle viewpoint. When you can get a view like this, its amazing to see how beautiful the locale is. 

I really hope that with the courts gone they take the opportunity to double-down on the improvements made to the Town House to create an area that is appealing to tourists and locals alike with the Castle, Town House, Museum and perhaps some green space if they ever tear down Upper Bridge St. It would be amazing. 

_DSM5416 - Copy.JPG

• Agree 3

The castle is surrounded with scaffolding just now and is due to open next year.  I am not sure how the end product will look and exactly what is going to be in it but have been told it's a fixed budget to do the work so we will have to wait and see what they come up with.

3 hours ago, IBM said:

The castle is surrounded with scaffolding just now and is due to open next year.  I am not sure how the end product will look and exactly what is going to be in it but have been told it's a fixed budget to do the work so we will have to wait and see what they come up with.

They seem to have done a good job with the town house so fingers crossed the removal of scaffolding will show some good work. 

• Like 1

Not a great new amenity or public facility, but a personal favourite is the Black Isle Brewery bar on Church Street. Great selection of beers - when we are in Inverness we usually visit the brewery shop to load up the car - and the pizzas are really good!  We've also had some interesting and fun conversations when sharing a table with strangers.

You'll probably all say that it's a tourist trap.  Well, when I am in Inverness, I am a tourist :lol:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Disc golf at Torvean. Grab a frisbee (per player) and head down to enjoy this freebie.  Not sure what the technical term for throwing a frisbee is, but you just work around the yellow baskety things, trying to get your frisbee in each one and the scoring is apparently a bit like golf!