Killie Cup Tie 10thMarch

tm4tj

17 hours ago, Robert said:

Agree with all of that (as usual) other than Carson’s booking. He deserved it and his annoyance at it was as he knew he’d messed up rather than being upset with a harsh award. 

Nonsense Robert, Carson won the ball and Armstrong then rolled in agony. Within seconds, he was up and running again though. Minimal contact from Carson and a totally undeserved booking. Ref looked out of his depth at times. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Huisdean said:

Nonsense Robert, Carson won the ball and Armstrong then rolled in agony. Within seconds, he was up and running again though. Minimal contact from Carson and a totally undeserved booking. Ref looked out of his depth at times. 

After I watched it back on tv I posted that I had changed my opinion after seeing it from a different angle.

You will see it in the previous page in the thread.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, RiG said:

Carson's booking was exceptionally harsh. Armstrong (I think) threw himself to the ground as he did on multiple occasions last night.

It was like watching the Ayrshire Olympic diving team at times. Vassell in particular was throwing himself all over the place, and the ref bought it pretty much every time. That David Dickenson wasn’t the real deal.  

• Funny 1

I would imagine that the ICT troops would like to beat Queens next week. They have been pretty consistent but ICT have a bit of momentum building and will be keen to gub them 😂 clip their wings 😆 as the dust begins to settle we ponder...couple of wins and back in the mix...no arachnophobia 🤣

12 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

The litmuss test now will be whether we can beat Queens Park next Saturday.  We have successfully avoided playing Hamilton on the 29th April following last night's performance so also need to work out how to beat them when it is re-arranged.

Yes that double blow against Hamilton after a great away Cup win might have cost us a play-off place ...just hope when I come up for the last match of the season against Ayr it will be winner takes the last Play-off spot! [I feel it in my bones].

Terrific performance on Friday...especially Duffy on the RB position allowing Carson to operate as a No.10 which was so effective ...plus great wing play on both sides

Edited by Eagle4Caley

With our eleven best players we need 9 great wins. 

Caley thistle do not deserve the wins.

We shouldn't expect them. 

But the players we have should fight, steal, sneak, and chase these 9 wins because they should believe today even when we can't. 

These guys have the talent do they now have the belief. 

2 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

Caley thistle do not deserve the wins.

We shouldn't expect them. 

They do

I expect them

I just think people forget about all the injuries we've had, the budget (or lack of it) we have and just how tight the Championship is, but I BELIEVE.

• Well Said 2

2 hours ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

They do

I expect them

I just think people forget about all the injuries we've had, the budget (or lack of it) we have and just how tight the Championship is, but I BELIEVE.

I think some people miss the point that we spent £840k more than we had last season and still failed to get promoted.

Apparently losses for this season will make £840k look like pocket change, and we're even further off the mark!

We can't even cheat properly!  Does financial fair play count in the Championship?

26 minutes ago, STFU said:

I think some people miss the point that we spent £840k more than we had last season and still failed to get promoted.

Apparently losses for this season will make £840k look like pocket change, and we're even further off the mark!

We can't even cheat properly!  Does financial fair play count in the Championship?

Thats the real worry here. We don't know where we are financially at the moment. These accounts end May 22. 

I'd assume that will have to be addressed at AGM 

On 3/12/2023 at 12:37 PM, STFU said:

There are only three real ways out of this. 

We get promoted so huge increase in revenues 

More people come to watch us on a permanent basis (many more) 

We have to go part time or hybrid full/part time

None are very palatable and the first two probably unachievable this season. Only more support from the people of Inverness will prevent the third. 

3 minutes ago, caley100 said:

Well its Falkirk in the semi!!!   re-run of 2015!! ( just about)   

Id be up for a reverse of that. Falkirk in the semi’s and cheating Celtic in the final 😎

Absolutely tremendous draw but instead of enjoying the occasion as the underdogs i’m now gonna be a nervous wreck 😂

• Agree 1

We have to treat Falkirk as if they are Celtic or Rangers.  We have to learn from Ayr not competing in the second half. This will not be an easy match and given some of the results in the English FA Cup this year and the result by Darvel againgst Aberdeen there is no reason why Falkirk cannot create another big shock and reach the final.  Minds must now focus on beating Queen's Park.

• Yngwie locked and unpinned this topic