Jump to content

Semi-final v Falkirk


Yngwie

Recommended Posts

Well that draw is certainly our best chance of progressing to the final, and Falkirk will be say8ng the same thing. As a reminder they have 3 ex-ICT players - Kai Kennedy, Coll Donaldson and Brad McKay.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice!   I have hotel booked already, just need to know day & time of match so I can sort the flights out

A nice bonus, interesting to see 3 ex-Caley players in their team

Let's hope Falkirk don't rename themselves Hamilton for the duration of the match!

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Robert said:

If, and it’s a big if, we win the semi, we will face a month with no game if we don’t make the play offs.

Wow you are right, final isn’t until 3rd June. Nice problem to have, though.

I recall that when we won the cup final, Falkirk had gone about 3 weeks since their league season ended and they struggled to find opponents for a friendly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As the away team does this dictate where we will be placed at Hampden? Can’t imagine any more than 25k at this so hopefully it’ll only be the middle of the South Stand and North Stands in use

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

With the crowd problems at the last game the polis will push for the Saturday for the Old Firm 

May day holiday on the Monday glasgow OF carnage whether its Saturday or Sunday.

Two nights booked just in case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

As the away team does this dictate where we will be placed at Hampden? Can’t imagine any more than 25k at this so hopefully it’ll only be the middle of the South Stand and North Stands in use

Don’t think so, just the dressing room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Wow you are right, final isn’t until 3rd June. Nice problem to have, though.

I recall that when we won the cup final, Falkirk had gone about 3 weeks since their league season ended and they struggled to find opponents for a friendly.

2nd leg of the play off final takes place the day after the Scottish Cup final.

  • Funny 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

So If, and it's a great big if, celtic beat rangers and we beat Falkirk we will be in European football again!

Nope. Got to win it I'm afraid.

  • angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

So If, and it's a great big if, celtic beat rangers and we beat Falkirk we will be in European football again!

They changed the rules a few years ago so that the cup runners up can’t qualify for Europe any more. I think that remains the case this season.

  • angry 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Yngwie changed the title to Semi-final v Falkirk
28 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

They changed the rules a few years ago so that the cup runners up can’t qualify for Europe any more. I think that remains the case this season.

So, if Celtic win the cup, who qualifies for that place, as they will be in the champions league? Does Scotland just lose that place as Celtic can't compete in two European tournaments at the same time? As I said, it's a big if, just curious. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj featured this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. : Terms of Use : Guidelines : Privacy Policy