Semi-final v Falkirk

Yngwie

Well that draw is certainly our best chance of progressing to the final, and Falkirk will be say8ng the same thing. As a reminder they have 3 ex-ICT players - Kai Kennedy, Coll Donaldson and Brad McKay.

• Agree 2

Nice!   I have hotel booked already, just need to know day & time of match so I can sort the flights out

A nice bonus, interesting to see 3 ex-Caley players in their team

Let's hope Falkirk don't rename themselves Hamilton for the duration of the match!

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

10 minutes ago, Robert said:

If, and it’s a big if, we win the semi, we will face a month with no game if we don’t make the play offs.

Wow you are right, final isn’t until 3rd June. Nice problem to have, though.

I recall that when we won the cup final, Falkirk had gone about 3 weeks since their league season ended and they struggled to find opponents for a friendly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

With the crowd problems at the last game the polis will push for the Saturday for the Old Firm 

May day holiday on the Monday glasgow OF carnage whether its Saturday or Sunday.

Two nights booked just in case.

6 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

As the away team does this dictate where we will be placed at Hampden? Can’t imagine any more than 25k at this so hopefully it’ll only be the middle of the South Stand and North Stands in use

Don’t think so, just the dressing room.

48 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Wow you are right, final isn’t until 3rd June. Nice problem to have, though.

I recall that when we won the cup final, Falkirk had gone about 3 weeks since their league season ended and they struggled to find opponents for a friendly.

2nd leg of the play off final takes place the day after the Scottish Cup final.

• Funny 2

52 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

So If, and it's a great big if, celtic beat rangers and we beat Falkirk we will be in European football again!

They changed the rules a few years ago so that the cup runners up can’t qualify for Europe any more. I think that remains the case this season.

• angry 2

• Yngwie changed the title to Semi-final v Falkirk
28 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

They changed the rules a few years ago so that the cup runners up can’t qualify for Europe any more. I think that remains the case this season.

So, if Celtic win the cup, who qualifies for that place, as they will be in the champions league? Does Scotland just lose that place as Celtic can't compete in two European tournaments at the same time? As I said, it's a big if, just curious. 

• tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj featured this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic