Semi-final v Falkirk

Yngwie

We caught a lucky break and have made the best of the opportunity.  On 'merit' we should never have had that opportunity so, as I said at the time, we need to not be getting all Billy Big Baws about it.

That's also not to say that we should accept being taken for a ride, but if folk are going to pay and go anyway, then any moans are pointless.  All they're doing is showing clubs and football authorities that they will accept being treated the way they are.

• Confused 1

Yes we were lucky to still be in the competition after the Queen's game but our performances against Livingston and a very poor Kilmarnock were fantastic and gave earned the club and players a much deserved pay day. Hopefully we can beat Falkirk then who knows what can happen 

19 hours ago, Robert said:

Get in quick as I’m sure the prices will change but Megabus is currently £10.10 for a journey leaving Inverness at 0625 on the Saturday, arriving in Glasgow at 1010. A return at 1710 that day is the same price. Under 22s and Over 60s with concession cards travel free and just need to pay the £1 booking fee. 

Now £16.99 for going south and £13.49 for coming back when my pal booked earlier. Still a bargain compared to the ticket prices but implies the fare may go up again as more people book tickets. 

Be better on the supporters buses as they will take you direct to Hampden. 

We are running buses to semi final against Falkirk date and time to be confirmed. £20 a seat. Book through Facebook or on 07462218717

Agreed. Given the comments about travel costs in some posts, just alerting people to an option they may not have known about, particularly those with a concession card. 

Edited by Robert

4 hours ago, tm4tj said:

We are running buses to semi final against Falkirk date and time to be confirmed. £20 a seat. Book through Facebook or on 07462218717

As of yesterday they weren’t taking any further bookings, bus/buses full.

Lots of obstacles being thrown in my path towards Glasgow. Hopefully they can be overcome. My biggest concern is the possible announcement of further rail strikes. They need to be sorted before I buy match tickets as there'd be no chance of a refund. 

7 hours ago, tm4tj said:

I hope it's true that the supporters buses take you direct to Hampden, as this was not the case in the semi final against Celtic. The buses were not allowed to park in the coach park and were directed to park at Kingspark, which was quite a walk for someone who has mobility issues. So, knowing that, we took the car down for the final against Falkirk, so that I could use my blue badge to get parked closer, only to be told by the steward at the gate that unless we had previously applied to use the disabled parking spaces on that day, we weren't allowed to use them now. So, I was dropped off at the corner and waited for my friends to find some parking, and when we eventually got slowly to the stadium, most of the disabled parking spaces were empty! So, watching in the comfort of my own home with no walking sounds good.

• Well Said 1
  • angry 1

Perhaps we have actually been spoilt over the years and playing in a major semi final no longer holds any real sense of achievement, expectation or perhaps even passion. Perhaps it is about being the favourites and not playing against a more illustrious club. Perhaps many may be anticipating a win and saving up for a bigger day out playing one side of the Old Filth. Unfortunately in the current climate the obstacles of finances, travel and TV coverage also take its toll and the game may well have been better attended if it had been played at Easter Road or Tynecastle. My sense is that this is another unforgettable and unmissable episode in the history of ICT and Inverness football. So I am going to strive to be there and look forward to meeting up with the fortunate and the rich elements of our support 🙄

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

12 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I hope it's true that the supporters buses take you direct to Hampden, as this was not the case in the semi final against Celtic. The buses were not allowed to park in the coach park and were directed to park at Kingspark, which was quite a walk for someone who has mobility issues. So, knowing that, we took the car down for the final against Falkirk, so that I could use my blue badge to get parked closer, only to be told by the steward at the gate that unless we had previously applied to use the disabled parking spaces on that day, we weren't allowed to use them now. So, I was dropped off at the corner and waited for my friends to find some parking, and when we eventually got slowly to the stadium, most of the disabled parking spaces were empty! So, watching in the comfort of my own home with no walking sounds good.

The club has to request the passes for the buses and unfortunately didn't at the semi final in 2015. It has not been repeated since and the buses have been allowed in the bus park 

Should add you can apply for car pass through club or hampden 

Edited by old caley girl
  • Thank You 1

On 3/16/2023 at 10:58 PM, Yngwie said:

I may well be completely wrong but for our semi-final lunchtime kickoff v Celtic I thought we didn’t bring much over 2,000?

I think you are right we were pretty much all in the same section. Great day though and I really enjoyed the pre game pub. Was it called clockwork or something like that. Good crack plenty singing and fairly close to Hampden. 

13 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I remember  walking back to the bus after the game and it wasn’t there. A few others turned up after and one elderly gentleman was struggling a bit. We all stood around and eventually found out the bus had then gone to Hampden which meant walking back. Felt really sorry for the gentleman. The driver should have told everyone before getting off the bus. Goodness knows the others found out there was about 8 I think including ourselves 

• Well Said 2

17 hours ago, Gringo said:

Lots of obstacles being thrown in my path towards Glasgow. Hopefully they can be overcome. My biggest concern is the possible announcement of further rail strikes. They need to be sorted before I buy match tickets as there'd be no chance of a refund. 

Huge obstacle stuck in my way with the lunchtime kick-off. Can't get out of my Friday night-shift so hoped to fly up on the first morning flight from Stansted, unfortunately it's not early enough to get me there in time and its too far to Heathrow to catch an earlier flight so has to be a tv watch for me 🙁

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, jagster said:

I remember  walking back to the bus after the game and it wasn’t there. A few others turned up after and one elderly gentleman was struggling a bit. We all stood around and eventually found out the bus had then gone to Hampden which meant walking back. Felt really sorry for the gentleman. The driver should have told everyone before getting off the bus. Goodness knows the others found out there was about 8 I think including ourselves 

That is terrible. It wasn't me, although I was sore and tired having had to walk from Kingspark to get to the stadium and then having to walk back after the game. I just couldn't believe it. I have to pick my away games because I can't sit or walk long distances with my arthritis, and with the League Cup final, when they put the bus miles down the road from parkhead and we couldn't get off at the stadium and not being allowed to use the disabled parking spaces at the final, it doesn't make for a pleasant day when you know you have a long walk after the game. So as I said, I will be watching it on the TV this time, and hope everyone has a better trip.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Just a quick heads up. The Supporters Travel Club now has some extra capacity. If you snooze you lose. Also we have applied for parking passes at Hampden and Scot Gardiner will be taking this forward for us tomorrow.

• Like 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic