Semi-final v Falkirk

Yngwie

2 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Presumably the semi-final will have VAR - will this be the first time ICT have had VAR?

Almost certainly yes.  Fair to say Inverness probably inspired the authorities to introduce it but will the Josh Meekings incident come back to bite us?  Will certainly influence the behaviour of both sets of players with Donaldson prone to giving away penalties. 

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
32 minutes ago, STFU said:

£28 for the bus (ST holder).

That's £8 more than the travel club!  Does profit££ring have one 'E' or two?

I’d imagine the Supporters Club had prices for all main venues, including Glasgow, for the full season, whereas the club will be arranging one off hires for the day so may well be being charged more. There is a driver shortage and I’d suspect companies like D&E were already heavily committed before we made the semi final. I know of someone who was quoted £1000 for a one way coach hire from Inverness to Clava in June so the club may not be profiting from the £28 charge at all. 

40 minutes ago, Robert said:

I’d imagine the Supporters Club had prices for all main venues, including Glasgow, for the full season, whereas the club will be arranging one off hires for the day so may well be being charged more. There is a driver shortage and I’d suspect companies like D&E were already heavily committed before we made the semi final. I know of someone who was quoted £1000 for a one way coach hire from Inverness to Clava in June so the club may not be profiting from the £28 charge at all. 

Then maybe the club should have left it to the Travel Club who already had agreed prices in place and not have got ahead of themselves 🤷‍♂️

Fans have done a pretty amazing job of organising buses and trains over the years, and there was no need for the club to get involved and give themselves extra work.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 2

Fair enough although it’s probably a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” situation for the club.

Those involved with the supporters buses are better placed than me to comment on the scale of what that would involve. 

Edited by Robert

2 hours ago, STFU said:

Then maybe the club should have left it to the Travel Club who already had agreed prices in place and not have got ahead of themselves 🤷‍♂️

Fans have done a pretty amazing job of organising buses and trains over the years, and there was no need for the club to get involved and give themselves extra work.

Totally agree. I also think club have been disrespectful to the travel club but calling their buses the "official" ones. 

We've been to several semi finals and 2 Cup finals in recent years and the club has not got involved in running it except a bit of help with subsidising kids seats etc. Not sure why they felt the need this time tbh. It's a lot of work that could have been done for them? 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 2

2 hours ago, Robert said:

Fair enough although it’s probably a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” situation for the club.

Those involved with the supporters buses are better placed than me to comment on the scale of what that would involve. 

Not involved in travel club but have been involved in organisation in past. As well as the prep in setting up there is a lot of work on the day. D&E insist on a signing of a deflation that no alcohol will be on buses. The bus needs stewarded on day which includes checking numbers every stop, organising a stop and making sure everyone happy and safe . Not an easy job at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Well Said 2

On 3/31/2023 at 11:10 AM, STFU said:

Have decided that I can't justify the cost, so TV/online for me.

What's the chances of getting the old social media folks back for the day to inject a bit of personality into club updates?

PM your mobile number and you will receive the best SMS updates ever.

Was told today that Carson is suspended for the semi as he has picked up three bookings in the cup. Do any of our stats experts know if that is right and if we are going to be short of anyone else?

15 hours ago, Robert said:

Was told today that Carson is suspended for the semi as he has picked up three bookings in the cup. Do any of our stats experts know if that is right and if we are going to be short of anyone else?

According to the SFA website Carson is suspended for the semi, and is the only one of our players currently ineligible for the game. 

• Sad 1