Semi-final v Falkirk

Yngwie

23 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

So, if Celtic win the cup, who qualifies for that place, as they will be in the champions league? Does Scotland just lose that place as Celtic can't compete in two European tournaments at the same time? As I said, it's a big if, just curious. 

No 4th in league gets it 

2 hours ago, Inverwegian said:

I hope people are getting contract negotiations underway just now because if we do get through to the final, half the current team (if not more) look like they'll be out of contract.

That is a very good point which also applies to Falkirk too.  

3 hours ago, Inverwegian said:

I hope people are getting contract negotiations underway just now because if we do get through to the final, half the current team (if not more) look like they'll be out of contract.

They will be out of contract whether we win the cup or not.

The point on contracts is that a lot seem to expire on the 31st May, 2023. With the final on the 3rd June there could be an issue with some players. Both ICT and Falkirk might also have a play off second leg beyond the 31st.

The SPFL play off dates are 1 June cinch Premiership play-off final, 1st leg
4 June cinch Premiership play-off final, 2nd leg.

4 hours ago, Inverwegian said:

I'd imagine they are all signed till the last play off game? 

Are you referring to contracts shown on CTO?

Which is just an admin anomaly. We are not privy to anyone's contract and basically just stuck them out until the end of May. 

I would imagine the actual contract would be agreed until the end of all fixtures.

Probably myself that added them all as end of May on CTO:shrug: My bad.

Usually the club just states ?whoever? signed until the end of ?whatever? season, so when I add them I just bulk them out to the end of May. Will add them to middle of June from now on.

Well spotted though, good point.

Cheers

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

So, if Celtic win the cup, who qualifies for that place, as they will be in the champions league? Does Scotland just lose that place as Celtic can't compete in two European tournaments at the same time? As I said, it's a big if, just curious. 

It goes to the next best placed team in the Scottish Premiership who aren't already playing in Europe I believe

The Scottish Cup winners go straight into the Europa League PO round. If the winners of the Cup are already in Europe through their League placing - I.e. Old Firm - then the play off spot will go to 3rd place in the Premiership currently held by Hearts, who would qualify for the conference league for 3rd atm. Five teams qualify for Europe with 2 Champs League/1 Europa League and 2 Conference League so if the cup winners are already in Europe then the top 4 that qualify will become the top 5. Its a long shot with beating one side of the Old Firm in the final if we beat Falkirk but if that happens then Caley will be guaranteed group stage European Football if we won the play off or not as will slip into the Conference League groups. Bit early to get over excited about that but that is what could happen if we lift the trophy on the 3rd of June.    

• Well Said 1

4 hours ago, gingerjaggy said:

The Scottish Cup winners go straight into the Europa League PO round. If the winners of the Cup are already in Europe through their League placing - I.e. Old Firm - then the play off spot will go to 3rd place in the Premiership currently held by Hearts, who would qualify for the conference league for 3rd atm. Five teams qualify for Europe with 2 Champs League/1 Europa League and 2 Conference League so if the cup winners are already in Europe then the top 4 that qualify will become the top 5. Its a long shot with beating one side of the Old Firm in the final if we beat Falkirk but if that happens then Caley will be guaranteed group stage European Football if we won the play off or not as will slip into the Conference League groups. Bit early to get over excited about that but that is what could happen if we lift the trophy on the 3rd of June.    

.....or if Falkirk beat us and either Rangers or Celtic they would be the first third tier side from Scotland in Europe....

2 hours ago, Feb82000 said:

Falkirk FC is going head to head with Inverness Caledonian Thistle starting on 29 Apr 2023 at 16:00 UTC . The match is a part of the Scottish Cup

Is that confirmed as I don’t see it anywhere?

1600 UTC is 1700 in British Summer Time. 

Edited by Robert

3 hours ago, Feb82000 said:

Falkirk FC is going head to head with Inverness Caledonian Thistle starting on 29 Apr 2023 at 16:00 UTC . The match is a part of the Scottish Cup

This isn’t correct. This website also has the other semi down for the same time.

• tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj featured this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic