Poll - Dodds contract extension

Yngwie

Manager contract extension  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Would you offer Dodds a contract extension?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on league and cup outcomes

This poll is closed to new votes

With how results have gone this season I was very quick to vote NO and won't change my mind even if we manage to win the cup (not happening) or reach the play offs (that's not happening either unless the current teams in the play off positions have a rotten last few games)!!

It's been clear this season and last that he can't seem to have a season where we don't hit a shocking run of form and on both occasions he really shouldn't have survived but did!  

We need to gain promotion sooner rather than later so a new manager is a must for next season otherwise attendances/season ticket sales will fall as fans won't put up with **** performances any longer!

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

I'm not sure to be honest. Get's a lot of bad press but it's easier to be a dissenter these days than a happy clapper. He has had a rough ride with injuries etc and that's not an excuse, that's a fact. However it's how one deals with it that is the making of the man. Maybe he should be asked to re-apply for the job, but if there are better candidates out there who actually want the job, then it's theirs for the taking.

My jury is still out.

Interesting that as many as 76% of fans want rid of Dodds even if he goes on to get us promoted, wins the Scottish Cup, gets us European football, wins Scotland’s manager of the year award and secures the club’s financial future for years to come. I didn’t realise he was that unpopular!

• Funny 2

You have to consider what would DD offer and be able to provide to the club and team to warrant offering a new (extension) contract. 

I agree you should use facts in any assessment, but it’s not the sole category as facts like statistics (or results if you like), tend to hide key facets like performance, capability to change the team during a game, competence and ability to communicate/ inspire the fans. 

On all of the above categories, in my opinion by attending all the home matches DD fails to get close to ‘maybe OK at this’, and should not be considered for retaining. 

SG and the board may wish to retain a scapegoat and cover for another season or two to deflect the criticism away from their inept own performance, but that’s not vision, it’s incompetence! 

I would argue the point that if the ICT powers have the desire and (importantly) the Will to move forward, (irrespective of any luck that stays with the team), it is important that a new manager and direction for the team is selected.  If not for that luck (cup twist and results), part time could have been a distinct possibility going forward. 
You could make an equally good argument to ditch SG and most of the board, but turkeys and Xmas ……..

I might as well throw it in, if it’s not already apparent, I will not be renewing and season ticket with DD in the dugout! Couldn’t sit through another season like the one we have just been through to date! 

Edited by Big cherly
  • Well Said 1

51 minutes ago, Big cherly said:

You have to consider what would DD offer and be able to provide to the club and team to warrant offering a new (extension) contract. 

I agree you should use facts in any assessment, but it’s not the sole category as facts like statistics (or results if you like), tend to hide key facets like performance, capability to change the team during a game, competence and ability to communicate/ inspire the fans. 

On all of the above categories, in my opinion by attending all the home matches DD fails to get close to ‘maybe OK at this’, and should not be considered for retaining. 

SG and the board may wish to retain a scapegoat and cover for another season or two to deflect the criticism away from their inept own performance, but that’s not vision, it’s incompetence! 

I would argue the point that if the ICT powers have the desire and (importantly) the Will to move forward, (irrespective of any luck that stays with the team), it is important that a new manager and direction for the team is selected.  If not for that luck (cup twist and results), part time could have been a distinct possibility going forward. 
You could make an equally good argument to ditch SG and most of the board, but turkeys and Xmas ……..

I might as well throw it in, if it’s not already apparent, I will not be renewing and season ticket with DD in the dugout! Couldn’t sit through another season like the one we have just been through to date! 

Who the Hells DD

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Big cherly said:

Agree with all of this apart from the assumption that the Scottish Cup run will improve our financial position in any meaningful way.  We have no idea what the last 10 months look like financially, and no AGM to get any indication either.  If it's anything like the 12 months prior then, even with a cup final, we'll be sailing north of £2.5 million of debt.

The last time we had that level of debt we had to sell the family silver.  We may have got some of it back, but there's not a chance we'll survive as a going concern without someone personally underwriting those debts.

On 3/25/2023 at 12:37 PM, tm4tj said:

I'm not sure to be honest. Get's a lot of bad press but it's easier to be a dissenter these days than a happy clapper. He has had a rough ride with injuries etc and that's not an excuse, that's a fact. However it's how one deals with it that is the making of the man. Maybe he should be asked to re-apply for the job, but if there are better candidates out there who actually want the job, then it's theirs for the taking.

My jury is still out.

As most on here probably know though I've not made my opinion known that much for a while, I'm not a fan of Billy as manager but tbh this is an excellent idea/point tm4tj 👏👏.  I would be able to get on board with Billy as manager next season if I knew that there wasn't a better alternative out there and tbh I am fairly certain that their ARE better candidates.  

My observation on the management position (from the lack of an extention with only a few weeks left of the season) is that the poster above may be correct and Billy and John Robertson may indeed be off because SG isn't slow to offer contract extensions if he feels they are necessary.   

I actually find it astonishing that over 70% have voted no because I was expecting it maybe to be about 60/40 in favour of the no camp, which basically proves that fans have had enough of inept performances or believe change is best for the club.

• 4 weeks later...

Wonder if this poll was started now, or even end of next wk whether the outcome would be the same.

Personally, I've not changed my position but I feel there will probably be much closer vote as some fans will see the upturn and good feeling around as being enough justification to wipe the soul-less mid-season from memory.

It all comes down to the extent to which we believe injuries to key players caused our rocky spell. If we get to the final and play offs, he deserves the benefit of the doubt, but he may decide himself it is time to step back.

Anyway, I’m 100% behind us in however many games we still have and hope for the best possible end to the season.

I’m not in the league and cup double fraternity but who knows what we can achieve.

And we’ve heard from the Chairman!! Make if that what you want!

https://ictfc.com/club-statement-chairmans-appeal/