Poll - Dodds contract extension

Yngwie

Manager contract extension  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Would you offer Dodds a contract extension?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on league and cup outcomes

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

More of the same both on and off the park seems to be the plan. Can’t help think it’s money driven with Dodds knowing he is only retained cause the board haven’t the money to attract serious talent, cause they have no money to attract title challenging players and it’s loan spells with dodgy injury or past it players brought it!

Don’t see a new horizon, just retread of a tired strategy with unattractive stagnant football!! 

Must admit I was hoping for a new direction, but not to be it appears!! 

• Agree 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, big cherly said:

More of the same both on and off the park seems to be the plan. Can’t help think it’s money driven with Dodds knowing he is only retained cause the board haven’t the money to attract serious talent, cause they have no money to attract title challenging players and it’s loan spells with dodgy injury or past it players brought it!

Don’t see a new horizon, just retread of a tired strategy with unattractive stagnant football!! 

Must admit I was hoping for a new direction, but not to be it appears!! 

I’ll certainly take more of the same, 45 minutes away from the Premier League against St Johnstone and this season 3 points off second place with a cup final at Hampden. We got a bit unlucky this season and there’s certainly room for improvement but we aren’t as bad as we’re made out.

I don’t really get why some of our fans have the old firm mentality where we should be outright winning this league.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 3

1 hour ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

I’ll certainly take more of the same, 45 minutes away from the Premier League against St Johnstone and this season 3 points off second place with a cup final at Hampden. We got a bit unlucky this season and there’s certainly room for improvement but we aren’t as bad as we’re made out.

I don’t really get why some of our fans have the old firm mentality where we should be outright winning this league.

Tbh I don't think there's a better candidate we could realistically get at the moment, if we're going to change manager then the board needs to have plan and then get someone who's style aligns with that. Next season will be worse if we just let him go with the expectation that there's someone better ready to take the job instead of doing any sort of research prior to this point.

I'm not thrilled about another season of Dodds but he's now got 2 years working with the squad so knows what he needs in terms of recruitment, and hopefully his match management improves with experience.

Luckily next season our bogey team in Hamilton are gone so that could 3 of our league losses turned into points instead

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

59 minutes ago, mazza20 said:

Tbh I don't think there's a better candidate we could realistically get at the moment, if we're going to change manager then the board needs to have plan and then get someone who's style aligns with that. Next season will be worse if we just let him go with the expectation that there's someone better ready to take the job instead of doing any sort of research prior to this point.

I'm not thrilled about another season of Dodds but he's now got 2 years working with the squad so knows what he needs in terms of recruitment, and hopefully his match management improves with experience.

Luckily next season our bogey team in Hamilton are gone so that could 3 of our league losses turned into points instead

Your explanation in your first sentence mazza20 perfectly makes my point!
I fully understand fans wanting to back the club irrespective how they do, and thats fine if you like what’s on display ( I have no problem with that). 
I simply want to be better and entertained, and whilst we got to the playoff last year and a cup final this season I can’t honestly say what’s been on display for the past two seasons fills me with expectation. I discount the Covid year for obvious reason.
The off the field antics by the board during the same period is directly linked to the retention of Dodds due to the lack of money!

More of the football on display last season at home is simply not for me! 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, big cherly said:

Your explanation in your first sentence mazza20 perfectly makes my point!
I fully understand fans wanting to back the club irrespective how they do, and thats fine if you like what’s on display ( I have no problem with that). 
I simply want to be better and entertained, and whilst we got to the playoff last year and a cup final this season I can’t honestly say what’s been on display for the past two seasons fills me with expectation. I discount the Covid year for obvious reason.
The off the field antics by the board during the same period is directly linked to the retention of Dodds due to the lack of money!

More of the football on display last season at home is simply not for me! 

Think a real world example would be Leeds and Everton this season. Everton knew they needed to be more defensively solid and went and got Dyche, whereas Leeds changed to Big Sam with 4 games to go and look how that went.

I don't get to games much unfortunately, but the few games I've been to last 2 years have been tough to watch, would say we lack that player that could really link the midfield to attack if we want to play the passing game or a proper target man if we want to play route 1

32 minutes ago, mazza20 said:

Think a real world example would be Leeds and Everton this season. Everton knew they needed to be more defensively solid and went and got Dyche, whereas Leeds changed to Big Sam with 4 games to go and look how that went.

I don't get to games much unfortunately, but the few games I've been to last 2 years have been tough to watch, would say we lack that player that could really link the midfield to attack if we want to play the passing game or a proper target man if we want to play route 1

We definitely need a big target man like Shane to partner Billy (if he signs). If that wasn't obvious before, it was certainly obvious yesterday. Not to use the route 1 as a default but just to mix it up as we're pretty predictable a lot of the time. The sort of job that Brian Graham has done over the years, especially with us on the receiving end.
Never been a big Dodds fan either, I think he would be a better coach than a manager, but stability at a club is half the battle, so I'm just about resigned to it, on the 'be careful what you wish for' principle - if it's true that he has a happy dressing room that's a major plus. Also it winds up the Dees. 
It's often been said that it's a bigger priority to get a clearout at the top. Never met the CEO but don't have good vibes. Heard wee whispers that Robbo will be away.

• Well Said 3

I think a squad built on £3.50 and a packet of crisps has done remarkably well. Play off last year, few points off second spot this year and a cup final…plus getting through the group stages. He hasn’t been able to have a settled squad over the two years but has remarkably got them to within touching distance. Yes it’s brutal to watch when half the squad were missing but there were glimpses of what could be done with the right players. They have to take risks in the injured/unheard off player but they seem to have a decent grasp - Allardice, Duffy, Deas, Shaw - who had heard of them before? Hopefully few more of the young lads goals a step. Need an older warhorse on there and a few more rough diamonds and I think we’ve got the making of a decent team. 

• Like 1
  • Well Said 3

The extension was, in my opinion, inevitable if Dodds wanted to stay.

Now is the time to get behind him and whoever is in our squad as the decision is made. We need to hit the ground running after what will be a short break compared to most of our rivals due to our cup run.

Clarity on Robbo’s situation would be welcome.

• Agree 3