Partick Friday Night TV

tm4tj

Now whatever you want to say about this season NOBODY can complain about the 110% effort, passion and togetherness of that performance - especially when playing against 12 men. The Fat Lady is singing "A Bridge and a Castle" and onwards to the Covid Capital of Scotland.

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

29 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Now whatever you want to say about this season NOBODY can complain about the 110% effort, passion and togetherness of that performance - especially when playing against 12 men. The Fat Lady is singing "A Bridge and a Castle" and onwards to the Covid Capital of Scotland.

See you there and I might even sing lol 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

A great backs to the wall display and a cracking goal made for a welcome three points. Well done to the 2000 fans who braved the weather to support the players rather than stay at home and watch the game on tv

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts
Tonight's table
1. Queens Park 30 16 6 8 58 39 54
2. Dundee 29 14 8 7 47 32 50
3. Ayr United 30 14 7 9 56 38 49
4. Partick Thistle 30 13 6 11 49 40 45
5. Morton 29 11 10 8 41 35 43
6. Inverness CT 29 10 9 10 40 41 39
7. Raith Rovers 28 10 8 10 39 37 38
8. Arbroath 29 5 13 11 26 41 28
9. Cove Rangers 30 6 8 16 34 65 26
10. Hamilton Ac. 28 6 7 15 25 47 25

I think we are all agreed that was a backs to the wall performance in the second half.Great show of resilience drive and determination. Shocking red card,a yellow yes.Jay Henderson has been a blessing for us and made another assist tonight.Shaw put the ball away perfectly.Was pleased with some lovely calm play from Carson.Defenders did well and good saves from Ridgers.The first half was a hard watch though and both team were as bad as each other.Second half much much better and then with 10 men the boys put their bodies on the line. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Under the circumstances that is probably our best result of the season. The attitude and commitment of the players after Welsh was wrongly sent off was great to see and hopefully the injustice galvanises them to go on a run. Beat Morton next week and, who knows, maybe the play offs could be a possibility.

The first half was dire, with a flat atmosphere and the feeling of an end of season game with nothing at stake. The weather probably contributed to that. Ridgers’ save was the highlight in a half we started pretty well but Partick finished on top.

Henderson created a great goal for Shaw then the referee lost the plot with the sending off.

From then on it was backs to the wall but we got the job done despite it feeling like 10 v 12.

Well done to all involved with, for me, Ridgers MOM followed by Henderson and Shaw.

Hopefully Devine is fit for next week and we have some other casualties back too.

It felt good getting that win against all the odds!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

What an amazing win that was.

With the game looking touch and go if it was even going to be played, after the heavens opened, and losing Danny Devine in the warm up, I wondered what ICT would turn up for our latest Friday night fixture. The first half was a non event, possibly the dullest 45 mins I've sat through this season, and there's been a few. I couldn't believe how inept Partick were, they looked early on that they didn't have many ideas of how to break us down, and there was very few goal mouth incidents of note. But, second half was a different story. I was just praying that we didn't start the second half the way we've started a lot of them, by giving a sloppy goal away, but we started on the front foot, and once Henderson got behind their defence and put a terrific ball into their box for Shaw to blast into the net, it was well deserved for ICT being on top at that time. Then, came one of the worst refereeing decisions I have seen in many a year. Sending Welsh off for a tackle in our opponents half that merited a yellow, but never a red, took everybody by surprise. He just clipped the player and never injured him, but the ref couldn't wait to get the red card out, Is Grant Irvine the new Willie Collum? Then it was a 'backs to the wall' performance, that Inverness seem to relish. I thought that it was only a matter of time till they equalised by one of their numerous corners and fouls that Irvine kept giving them, or someone would trip Tiffony in the box, but we held on for an amazing victory.

As someone said on here, we win when we think we'll lose and we lose when we think we'll win. If we had lost, it was thank you and goodnight, but the win still gives us a very slim chance to make the playoffs. 

• Agree 5

4 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Especially now with Delaney with a needless yellow. And can somebody tell me where Hyde is playing ???

I thought he had a decent game trying to break things up and stop Partick playing in midfield.

I was worried when we lost Devine pre-match (and did Mckay miss part of the warm up too as I didn’t see him doing shooting practice) but the defence coped remarkably well with Partick’s thugs and got a deserved clean sheet.

A shout out for Delaney who didn’t let the early (possibly harsh) yellow stop him playing his part, particularly as he was the right sided central defender so on his weaker foot.

Any word on Ram, as he’s been out for a while now, and we are short at the back depending on the issues with Devine and Duffy. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Never a red card, shocking decision. And why didn't Tiffony get a yellow for his hand bag retaliation? Anyway, a great and much needed three points. 

• Agree 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic