Partick Friday Night TV

tm4tj

7 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

According to Dodds in his post match interview, the ref said the red card was for Welsh raking his studs down the player’s Achilles. Should’ve gone to Specsavers!

Given where the foul took place, between the ref, linesman and fourth official they should be getting that decision right. 

• Agree 5

That was a poor game of football and I think the red card did us a favour.

It was a great bit of work for the goal, but Partick had the best of slim pickings until then and it came against a run of play where they were marginally less awful than us.

The injustice* of the red card gave the team, and fans, a cause to get behind and everyone battled to hold on to the lead.

*I don't like the whole professional foul thing.  Just a more acceptable phrase we like to throw out when it's our own player who has cheated.  Not arguing that the decision by the ref was right (based on current rulebook, but if you make a conscious decision to commit a deliberate foul, then you run the risk of a sending off.  Players should be chastised for that kinda play, not defended.  Up there with simulation in my book.

• Well Said 1

14 minutes ago, STFU said:

*I don't like the whole professional foul thing.  Just a more acceptable phrase we like to throw out when it's our own player who has cheated.  Not arguing that the decision by the ref was right (based on current rulebook, but if you make a conscious decision to commit a deliberate foul, then you run the risk of a sending off.  Players should be chastised for that kinda play, not defended.  Up there with simulation in my book.

I agree with that. It was a cynical and unnecessary foul, but we see them in almost every game and normally a yellow at worst. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Robert said:

I agree with that. It was a cynical and unnecessary foul, but we see them in almost every game and normally a yellow at worst. 

It needs to be dealt with consistently, and the red card last night was out of step with how these things are typically sanctioned. And why was it ok for Tiffoney to shove Welsh in the chest?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

It needs to be dealt with consistently, and the red card last night was out of step with how these things are typically sanctioned. And why was it ok for Tiffoney to shove Welsh in the chest?

All good posts but this one is more succinct. The Tin Tin lookalike should have been showed yellow (by the rules) but that would have been harsh. However I didnt rate that as a professional foul or taking one for the team. Tin  Tin was in his own half and going nowhere dangerous. Welsh  amongst others, especially Carson, had been revved up by his antics and it was probably an attempt to wind him up even more.

Busy schedule for us in April ahead of the Cup game :amazed:

SCOTTISH CHAMPIONSHIP Sat Games 15:00

Saturday 1st April Morton v Inverness CT

Saturday 8th April Inverness CT v Raith Rovers

Tuesday 11th April Inverness CT 19:45 Arbroath

Saturday 15th April Cove Rangers v Inverness CT

Tuesday 18th April Hamilton 19:45 Inverness CT

Saturday 22nd April Inverness CT v Dundee

Saturday 29th April SCOTTISH CUP SEMI-FINALS Falkirk 12:15 Inverness CT

Friday 5th May SCOTTISH CHAMPIONSHIP Inverness CT 19:45 Ayr United

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

Given where the foul took place, between the ref, linesman and fourth official they should be getting that decision right. 

The TV pictures show a different picture to the one Irvine had in a split second.

When he becomes a more mature official he will no doubt calmly speak to both his lino and fourth official to see if they agree with his initial thoughts. Mature referees normally take their time before calmly showing the red card.

To me he over reacted and hopefully he will have the courage to realise that the tackle was not as his mind first thought. 

6 hours ago, Yngwie said:

..the ref said the red card was for Welsh raking his studs down the player’s Achilles. 

That would account for why Tiffoney was on the deck for ages getting treatment then :ponder:instead of jumping straight up, grabbing his hand bag and shoving Welsh in the chest like a little girl. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 3

4 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Busy schedule for us in April ahead of the Cup game

Between what should be a difficult away game at Morton and the final home game with Dundee we are quite capable of taking 3 points from all the other games in-between those two. It's pity there's not more opportunity to take points off the teams above us competing for the play-off places but plenty of them will be taking points off each other in the run-in. It will be close and tight but I've got a more confident feeling that it is now doable after that great fighting 3 points last night - well done all 👍

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

All good posts but this one is more succinct. The Tin Tin lookalike should have been showed yellow (by the rules) but that would have been harsh. However I didnt rate that as a professional foul or taking one for the team. Tin  Tin was in his own half and going nowhere dangerous. Welsh  amongst others, especially Carson, had been revved up by his antics and it was probably an attempt to wind him up even more.

Tin tin lookalike 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic