Rossvale FC

Robert

49 minutes ago, Robert said:

Absolutely ridiculous, they change their name because they don’t have the rights to it. Then call themselves Caledonian Thistle 😂

What is it with these Lowland League teams that can’t stick to a name for five minutes.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Perhaps they have done a financial deal with our dodgy board 🤣🤣

What I have noticed is they are very discreet with the Thistle as well. Maybe they are trying to steal our identity. 

15E60654-008D-4E94-9443-8BD756020A75.png

20 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Hopefully we still have it registered? Or do we? 

Looks like the club have not renewed the trademark on the name Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC or the trademark of the badge for some reason!

• Sad 1
  • angry 1

28 minutes ago, highlandexile said:

Looks like the club have not renewed the trademark on the name Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC or the trademark of the badge for some reason!

That’s a basic function that every business should diligently ensure they keep up to date. Trademarks should be seen as important assets that are key to any company.

What else could we have been careless about over the years?

Meanwhile Rossvale have issued this statement:

https://rossvalefcacademy.co.uk/club-statement/ 

Anyone with any local knowledge who can explain what it all means?

It says that the team that plays in the West of Scotland League separated from the club called Rossvale and is changing its name to Caledonian Thistle FC.

If it had been announced on 1 April I’d have thought it was an April Fool. 

Edited by Robert

10 minutes ago, Robert said:

That’s a basic function that every business should diligently ensure they keep up to date. Trademarks should be seen as important assets that are key to any company.

Meanwhile Rossvale have issues this statement/

Looks like they pinched another Rossvale teams name? Thus now trying to change to ours? 

32 minutes ago, highlandexile said:

Looks to me it was renewed in 2022 but as Inverness Caledonian Thistle. Nothing in for our historical name Caledonian Thistle which is a bit of a blunder. 

8 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Looks to me it was renewed in 2022 but as Inverness Caledonian Thistle. Nothing in for our historical name Caledonian Thistle which is a bit of a blunder. 

Can you post link showing where it's been renewed? 

24 minutes ago, Robert said:

Meanwhile Rossvale have issued this statement:

It says that the team that plays in the West of Scotland League separated from the club called Rossvale and is changing its name to Caledonian Thistle FC.

If it had been announced on 1 April I’d have thought it was an April Fool. 

Rossvale were a community club that added a juniors side to the pyramid called  Rossvale Juniors. It looks like they are back tracking on that now and telling them to move on with a new name. Im unsure on why that is though.

Edited by ICTPAISLEY

8 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

As far as I can see, the renewal date was in 2022 for Inverness Caledonian Thistle but was not renewed so has been removed from the trade mark register.  But, as you say, Caledonian Thistle does not look like it was ever registered!

trade mark.jpg

2 minutes ago, highlandexile said:

As far as I can see, the renewal date was in 2022 for Inverness Caledonian Thistle but was not renewed so has been removed from the trade mark register.  But, as you say, Caledonian Thistle does not look like it was ever registered!

trade mark.jpg

Yeah I think you’re correct. No wonder we are getting involved, a scramble to get our trademark back id imagine.

I can understand why they would want to use "Caledonian" but there is no good reason for tagging on "Thistle".  I doubt that will go down to well with Partick either.  Surely one Thistle in Glasgow is quite enough.  If they want to to focus on the Railway  theme, why not Caledonian Locos or Caledonian Sleepers.  There's only one Caley Thistle.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

I can understand why they would want to use "Caledonian" but there is no good reason for tagging on "Thistle".  I doubt that will go down to well with Partick either.  Surely one Thistle in Glasgow is quite enough.  If they want to to focus on the Railway  theme, why not Caledonian Locos or Caledonian Sleepers.  There's only one Caley Thistle.

Have you seen Rossvales badge? This might have something to do with the Thistle.

F5CAA9C7-6F96-40B1-997C-315A4CC62C49.png

7 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

On one of their tweets they actually thank the partick thistle charitable trust for their support. Same colours, thistle on the badge.

11 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Yeah I think you’re correct. No wonder we are getting involved, a scramble to get our trademark back id imagine.

Not sure what stage of the process it's at, but you can renew the mark up to 6 months after its due,  then there is another 6 months to restore it by letter of explanation...so we have until July to complete. 

Panic? What panic.

• Like 1

Regardless as to whether the club name is 'available' or not I find it totally respectful to our clubs history.Shame on Rossvale FC. I also get the Caledonian bit and makes more sense to rename their team Caledonian Locomotive. 

8 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Have you seen Rossvales badge? This might have something to do with the Thistle.

Thank you. I stand corrected.  It seems strange then that they would choose not to use the thistle on their new badge.  Surely if you are going to call yourself "Thistle" you put a thistle on your badge.  They are using a picture of an old locomotive instead.  Lots of opportunities to use names which better reflect the local heritage of where the club is now located.  There seems to be a general mocking of the club for this idiotic suggestion and I can't see it will get approval from the SFA.

2 hours ago, Satan said:

On one of their tweets they actually thank the partick thistle charitable trust for their support. Same colours, thistle on the badge.

It seems that the Partick Thistle Charitable Trust are being overly Charitable.

11 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

I can understand why they would want to use "Caledonian" but there is no good reason for tagging on "Thistle". 

Yeah they need something unique and original. Given how bold they have shown themselves to be, how about “Caledonian Braves”?

• Funny 1