Rossvale FC

Robert

32 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Thank you. I stand corrected.  It seems strange then that they would choose not to use the thistle on their new badge.  Surely if you are going to call yourself "Thistle" you put a thistle on your badge.  They are using a picture of an old locomotive instead.  Lots of opportunities to use names which better reflect the local heritage of where the club is now located.  There seems to be a general mocking of the club for this idiotic suggestion and I can't see it will get approval from the SFA.

It seems that the Partick Thistle Charitable Trust are being overly Charitable.

I could be wrong but I think on the front of the locomotive they have attempted to put a tiny Thistle on it. The badge has been made from free vectors that could have been knocked up in 5 minutes. The whole thing seems lazy and rushed. I can’t see them lasting too long outside of the community identity if honest.

11 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

I can understand why they would want to use "Caledonian" but there is no good reason for tagging on "Thistle".  I doubt that will go down to well with Partick either.  Surely one Thistle in Glasgow is quite enough.  If they want to to focus on the Railway  theme, why not Caledonian Locos or Caledonian Sleepers.  There's only one Caley Thistle.

ROLLOX!! That’s what they want to call themselves…. Rollox FC.

The establishment is best known as the St Rollox locomotive works (my grandfather worked there during WW1) and to me, the “Caledonian” bit is incidental, originating from the works making engines for the former Caledonian Railway (for which my other grandfather worked).

If they don’t like Rollox FC and are all that concerned about having a name relating to their red and yellow badge then I suggest that they should call themselves Partick Thistle FC… and create some employment for the renowned PTFC posse of QCs with whom we in Inverness became more than familiar in days gone by.

But in any case, SFA Articles of Association would appear to suggest that they are on a hiding to nothing anyway… so ROLLOX TO THEM!!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...

Who cares?  They're a 2 bit amateur outfit who's existence, regardless of name, makes them entirely inconsequential to us.

Given the problems at our own club, I think some people have their priorities all wrong.

52 minutes ago, STFU said:

Who cares?  They're a 2 bit amateur outfit who's existence, regardless of name, makes them entirely inconsequential to us.

Given the problems at our own club, I think some people have their priorities all wrong.

They play the league below Darvel, who beat Aberdeen (the league above us) in terms of leagues that’s the same. A name change like this should be forever. What’s to say they don’t win a few promotions in the future and we dip a couple? We might not be near them now but could well be in the future.