The final three

CaleyHedgehog

Can anyone who is good at working out these kind of things, work out if the remaining fixtures for all the clubs make it possible for us to actually win the league if we won out last three games and other results went in our favour?

I have been so busy looking at 4th place that I hadn't realised how close to the top we are now.

Now wouldn't that be something to aim for - the league and the cup!

Ever the glass half full optimist. :ictscarf:🥂

• Like 2
  • Thoughtful 1

I think it is possible only if Dundee and Queens Park lose their next two games then draw when they play each other in the last game of the season. Dundee visit us next, then are at home to Cove. Queens Park are away to Ayr and Morton.

Dundee would have 59 and Queens Park 58, whilst three wins get us to 60 and also knock Ayr out of contention.

Partick would also need to fail to win one of their last three. They are away to Hamilton, then home to Arbroath and away to Raith.

Surely not even the greatest optimist can envisage that all happening!

To be guaranteed to be staying in contention for a play off place, we need a minimum of four points from our games against Hamilton and Dundee so it is in our own hands when we play Ayr on 5 May. Ayr have two home games before they come here, against Queens Park and Raith.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 2

Thanks Robert for working all that out.

I can definitely envisage that happening and I'm sure that the team are envisaging it too.

Have a wee dram Robert, to potentially celebrate - make sure it is half full. Cheers:ictscarf:🥂

ICT We are Titanium.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

I fear that some light hearted comments are being taken a bit too seriously,  without the required pinch of salt.🤭

After the season we are having no one can be blamed for a bit of tongue in cheek as we hurtle towards the end of this rollercoaster.

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 1
  • Thoughtful 1
  • Confused 1

Can’t and wouldn’t like to stop the dreamers! That’s all it is - dreams. Patrick was our last real test. Bitter experience won’t let me see past tomorrows match with Hamilton. Artificial pitch, Team fighting to stay in the league, unlike Cove Hamilton has a  core support and will fancy their chances based on the past  results this season. 
So let’s hope we’re up for the fight, carry a bit of luck when we need it and score one more goal than Hamilton. 

Edited by Big cherly
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Big cherly said:

Patrick was our last real test.

We seem to be digging deep to grind out results, coming from behind at Ayr, Morton and Cove in our three of our last four away games, ironically losing away to Queens Park after leading.

I’m as confident as I can be that we will bring three points back up the road tomorrow.

We worry about games against teams at the bottom of the league, but we’ve done the job against Arbroath and Cove, and it’s time to complete the set.

We will miss Henderson again, as Mackay and Samuels are not as effective just now (I’m giving the benefit of the doubt to Samuels after his injury troubles and we will hopefully see more from him soon), but Doran may start given his impact at the weekend.

I just hope Duffy is fit to be in the squad as Hampden is getting closer and we need him match fit to take Carson’s place then.

I don’t care what the performance is like as long as we win!

Come on ICT!!

Edited by Robert
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Quick Quiz question- 1 point for each correct answer - When was the last time that we played Ayr United on the last day of the season ? What was the significance of that result? Who did we surprisingly prevent from being promoted ? Is that all pure coincidence?

4 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Quick Quiz question- 1 point for each correct answer - When was the last time that we played Ayr United on the last day of the season ? What was the significance of that result? Who did we surprisingly prevent from being promoted ? Is that all pure coincidence?

Were we even as far back this season? Interesting thought that 

On 4/16/2023 at 9:40 PM, CaleyHedgehog said:

Thanks Robert for working all that out.

I can definitely envisage that happening and I'm sure that the team are envisaging it too.

Have a wee dram Robert, to potentially celebrate - make sure it is half full. Cheers:ictscarf:🥂

ICT We are Titanium.

Don’t want to burst your bubble of optimism, but I’m looking for Queens Park to beat Ayr on Friday evening.

And Hamilton beating Partick on Saturday would do nicely too. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

39 minutes ago, Robert said:

I’m looking for Queens Park to beat Ayr on Friday evening

I'll still go for the gamble. Ayr to win on Friday, then we need a resurgence from the teams further down the league against those around us in the remaining games, and a draw for Queens Park and Dundee in the final game - and we will win all ours of course!

A girl can dream Robert, and sometimes dreams do come true.:ictscarf:🏆

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Simples isn't it :-

ICT beat Dundee and Ayr to finish on 60 points

QP lose to Ayr, lose to Morton and draw with Dundee to finish on 58 points

Dundee lose to ICT, lose to Cove and draw with QP to finish on 59 points

PT draw one of their last 3 games to finish with a max of 59 points

ICT are champions, no need for play-offs

What odds would I get on that prediction?  Oh, btw I picked the winner of the Grand National too!

• Like 4