CaleyHedgehog

1 hour ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Simples isn't it :-

ICT beat Dundee and Ayr to finish on 60 points

QP lose to Ayr, lose to Morton and draw with Dundee to finish on 58 points

Dundee lose to ICT, lose to Cove and draw with QP to finish on 59 points

PT draw one of their last 3 games to finish with a max of 59 points

ICT are champions, no need for play-offs

What odds would I get on that prediction?  Oh, btw I picked the winner of the Grand National too!

I wouldn't put money on it but will be delighted if that was the outcome :smile:

Even Billy Mckay is starting to talk openly about aiming for 2nd spot (P&J today).

C'mon Billy - you are all good enough to win the league I hope - just keep winning and hopefully the rest will take care of itself.

Super Caley (Thistle) go Ballistic.:ictscarf:🏆

• Like 2

A massive weekend of football and results ahead of us. ICT can only win their game and fingers crossed that the rest of the results go our way. 

Even Billy Dodds mentioned the possibility of winning the league in today's P&J, so here's hoping that Dundee and Queen's Park are feeling very jittery.

:ictscarf:🏆 C'mon ICT - you can do it.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

Even Billy Dodds mentioned the possibility of winning the league in today's P&J

That’s not good. We are at our worst when we think like that. I’m worried we will slip up tomorrow now. 

• Agree 1

Its plausible but only result that I have next to no confidence about happening is Cove winning at Dens. I would take 2nd place and looking at QP's run in then it is a great chance if we win all our remaining games. But funnier things have happened and even a draw between Ayr and QP could still be profitable for us. But from where we came from and what we have had to do to get into this position then i would rather make sure we finish top 4 than hope for a dangerous set of results that may win us the title but unlikely

Edited by gingerjaggy

1 hour ago, gingerjaggy said:

Its plausible but only result that I have next to no confidence about happening is Cove winning at Dens. I would take 2nd place and looking at QP's run in then it is a great chance if we win all our remaining games. But funnier things have happened and even a draw between Ayr and QP could still be profitable for us. But from where we came from and what we have had to do to get into this position then i would rather make sure we finish top 4 than hope for a dangerous set of results that may win us the title but unlikely

Yup, I’ll be cheering on Queen’s Park tonight. It’s too late in the season for that, let’s just secure the playoffs and keep the season going as long as we can.

• Agree 1

On 4/19/2023 at 10:22 PM, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Simples isn't it :-

ICT beat Dundee and Ayr to finish on 60 points

QP lose to Ayr, lose to Morton and draw with Dundee to finish on 58 points

Dundee lose to ICT, lose to Cove and draw with QP to finish on 59 points

PT draw one of their last 3 games to finish with a max of 59 points

ICT are champions, no need for play-offs

What odds would I get on that prediction?  Oh, btw I picked the winner of the Grand National too!

Cove Rangers have beaten Dundee this season...so, maybe, possibly

• Like 2

On 4/16/2023 at 10:21 PM, Robert said:

I think it is possible only if Dundee and Queens Park lose their next two games then draw when they play each other in the last game of the season. Dundee visit us next, then are at home to Cove. Queens Park are away to Ayr and Morton.

Dundee would have 59 and Queens Park 58, whilst three wins get us to 60 and also knock Ayr out of contention.

Partick would also need to fail to win one of their last three. They are away to Hamilton, then home to Arbroath and away to Raith.

Surely not even the greatest optimist can envisage that all happening!

To be guaranteed to be staying in contention for a play off place, we need a minimum of four points from our games against Hamilton and Dundee so it is in our own hands when we play Ayr on 5 May. Ayr have two home games before they come here, against Queens Park and Raith.

If QP draw with Ayr tonight the permutations still work for us. It also adds the benefit of Ayr dropping points. 

• Agree 1