Tommy Cumming - RIP

Scotty

tommycumming.jpgJust read on courier website that groundsman extraordinaire Tommy Cumming has passed away. Very sad news.

A definite character who kept our pitch in perfect condition for years. Had many interesting conversations with him over the years. (just dont mention undersoil heating!!!) . I have one specific memory of him being very nice to my son when he first visited the stadium ... giving him permission to ignore the 'keep off the grass' sign and walking with him on the pitch, then giving me a row when i followed ... my son loved it and I knew he was on the wind-up (i think). 

Team will wear black armbands this weekend and observe a minute of applause. Definitely merited for the huge contribution he made to our club. Condolences to his loved ones. RIP Tommy, you will be missed. 

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/tributes-paid-to-inverness-caledonian-thistle-groundsman-who-311070/

https://ictfc.com/tribute-to-tommy-cumming/

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 2

Spent two thoroughly enjoyable seasons at Columba FC with Tomack and John Beaton - and enjoyed quite a few drams together as well. Raising a glass in remembrance of a great man. And recalling the number of swear words and attempted slaps as my "aquifer" wind up did not impress Tomack.

RIP Tommy Cumming. Thinking back to Highland league days in particular he was instantly recognised by fans of all ages wherever your allegiance lay amongst the Inverness teams. Seem to recall he used to sport an impressive mustache when they were in vogue. 

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic

Was really good to see both sets of fans applauding. Quite fitting as well on the day the Invincibles  were there. Tommy was a Jags fan and shows that for all the differences we can unite together I’m sure Tommy would have enjoyed that. Best pitch we ever had 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic