The Invincibles

Leaky Blinder

No there was plenty applause from the North stand and I include the Jeggies round about me where we always have a good bit of banter about our old teams :smile: but are united with ICT.

99F08692-C3AD-4FA4-BEE4-200C8D2C5012.jpeg

Left to right: Ross Morrison (ICT Chairman), Raymond Mackintosh, Martin Lisle, Neil Mackintosh, Billy Urquhart, Billy MacDonald, John Docherty, Bob Summers, Wilson Robertson, Kevin Mann, John MacDonald, Roddie Davidson, Peter Corbett, Roddy Ross (ICT Honorary President)

Edited by IBM
  • Like 3

Important to not forget the history of the origins of our club. Both were iconic to Inverness football history.

Pity the merger was poorly handled and the negative aspects still remain. 

Still think we should have club colours that are unique to ICT and not the harking back to Caley and Thistle colours. 

Heard it said before (can't remember who or where tbh) that the likes of Fiorentina colours (purple ish and silver) would be good. 

• Agree 1

It’s good that 40 years later, they were able to reunite the vast majority of that team. The only first team regular I can recall who isn’t there is Robbie Baxter, one of my favourite players of that era.

17 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

It’s good that 40 years later, they were able to reunite the vast majority of that team. The only first team regular I can recall who isn’t there is Robbie Baxter, one of my favourite players of that era.

Was Les Fridge the back up goalie then? I was very young back then lol.

3 hours ago, dougiedanger said:

Canyon was the second team goalie then.

Even canyon would only have been 15 or 16 in 1982. Was in my year at the High School along with Billy Skinner and a few others who were great footballers. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kind of Blue said:

I took the reunion picture below of my dad John Stewart (Vice President in season 82/83) with Peter Corbett and Ray Mackintosh.

He looks in good health. Is he still getting to the home games?

10 hours ago, Yngwie said:

I believe Derek Dewar was also a regular in this team back in the day. I saw somewhere that he was unable to attend the reunion and nobody could track down Robbie Baxter. 

Happy memories watching that team when I was a young buck .

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, dumpmaster said:

I believe Derek Dewar was also a regular in this team back in the day. I saw somewhere that he was unable to attend the reunion and nobody could track down Robbie Baxter. 

Happy memories watching that team when I was a young buck .

Unfortunately Derek Dewar does not keep well nowadays. Good player and great guy.

6 hours ago, dougiedanger said:

Yeah he’s in the photo below posted by IBM.

noticed that. Also see a couple of other faces in the white shirts who i recognise from school - Donald MacDonald in front of his brother John, think Claude is in front row as well and a couple of others i recognise but cant place names at the moment.