Countdown to Hampden (v Falkirk)

Robert

We’ve nothing to lose at the final so the players, backroom team and fans just need to enjoy the experience and if we exceed our expectations it will be unbelievably brilliant.

I was hoping for Rangers as I think they’d be more likely to underestimate us, whereas we have upset Celtic over the years in the cup so they will treat us as a serious threat.

Looking forward to ticket details and getting the weekend planned.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Our own stats show that we have lost 0 - 6, 0 - 2 and 1 - 2 & 1 - 2

That one in 2007 is probably the low point of my ICT following life. Leading 1-0 with 2 mins to go. They had never even threatened. The Innes was a subdued place after that game.

9 hours ago, Yngwie said:

I should add that they also said Scottish football needs more people like Scott Gardiner. STFU will be seething! 😀

Yup, and the word gullible does not appear in the English dictionary 🙄

• Well Said 1

52 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

That one in 2007 is probably the low point of my ICT following life. Leading 1-0 with 2 mins to go. They had never even threatened. The Innes was a subdued place after that game.

That’s the one that I thought was 1-0. I remember Pressley scoring and being a right ***** on the radio as I queued to get out of the car park…

• Well Said 1

What a lovely trip up! In the company too of CaleyMad and his son!

Probably the difference was we could finish our chances and Falkirk couldn't despite our charitable acts to give them a couple of chances [don't do that against Celtic boys]. Shaw desperately unlucky, and I was impressed by how simple and effective Henderson kept it with great delivery too. Duffy impressed as well, I don't think Kennedy ever beat him? [TBF to Kennedy who was getting boo'd for being an 'ex, he kept going against us for 90mins and always looked a threat...not bad for a 20year old]

With me whooping with delight in the stadium at Palace also winning, I had the surreal moment of being recognised by and thus being introduced to Yngwie 🙂

So onto the final, flight up already booked, but Hotel and Flight-back costs, leading me to book an overnight coach return! 😳

Meanwhile I'm up for Part II of the 'most important game of the season'.... against Ayr

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, STFU said:

Yup, and the word gullible does not appear in the English dictionary 🙄

I kid ye not, your nemesis was indeed singled out for praise!

They were also quite well informed about other connections between our club and theirs (like Donald Park) and were naturally asking how Robbo was doing these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IcyT said:

That’s the one that I thought was 1-0. I remember Pressley scoring and being a right ***** on the radio as I queued to get out of the car park…

There were 4 guys in front of us in the North Stand, sitting quietly but obviously Celtic supporters, who got up to leave with a few minutes left. We were poking fun at them and shouting "see you next week!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

Yeah that was a sore one, high to low in just a few minutes. I seem to recall that the only subs we could bring on to replace tiring legs and defend our lead were more attack minded than we would have liked.

You and I car-shared back down the A9 in stunned silence (the silver lining for you was that you didn’t have to endure much of my chat).

24 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

There were 4 guys in front of us in the North Stand, sitting quietly but obviously Celtic supporters, who got up to leave with a few minutes left. We were poking fun at them and shouting "see you next week!"

I saw a some leaving early a couple of rows in front of me and being given the "see you next week" chat, same ones I wonder? Front few rows of D1?

4 hours ago, Robert said:

We’ve nothing to lose at the final so the players, backroom team and fans just need to enjoy the experience and if we exceed our expectations it will be unbelievably brilliant.

I was hoping for Rangers as I think they’d be more likely to underestimate us, whereas we have upset Celtic over the years in the cup so they will treat us as a serious threat.

Looking forward to ticket details and getting the weekend planned.

Yep, I would have preferred Rangers too. Reckon Celtic will be better prepared pushing for the treble and their fans will definitely want a bit of revenge.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, TheMantis said:

3 hours ago, Rasczak said:

I saw a some leaving early a couple of rows in front of me and being given the "see you next week" chat, same ones I wonder? Front few rows of D1?

Or am I picking you up wrong, there were a few a couple of rows in front of me on Saturday that left early, and got the patter, coincidence?

Only got back home at 11pm last night (Sunday), after a couple of great days.  Watched the match with my son plus Eagle for Caley. Really good to catch up with him again, drinking lots of beer, eating pizza, good chat and banter.  Stayed overnight in Coatbridge with friends of my son (Celtic supporters!), who couldn't have been more hospitable.  

Well done to the team, great performance, and the fans too were wonderful.  Flights already booked for final!

Looking forward to another magical day supporting ICT.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

23rd March 2003 - 🎶 Come hear the noise of Sneckie Boys - As once more we took the mighty Celtic on - When Hart flew down the wing - A Wyness goal was a sure thing - and the Caley went ballistic once again 🎶

Now on June 3 could the names of Hart and Wyness be replaced - and give the Fields of Athenry an update 🤣

Just watched the highlights (again!) and it was only this time that it struck me how Wynessesque Shaw’s effort was. Of course Wyness would’ve scored it, but the stepover was nice!

• Like 2

Just about recovered after a fabulous weekend, extended ever so slightly by a brief stop off on the way up the road, for lunch yesterday and the other semi at the Caley club. No food on, but plenty of liquid refreshment and a much longer than intended stay.

Well done boys - what a great day. You did us proud.:ictscarf:Well done to Billy for his 100th goal. I don't think even Dennis Wyness would grudge you a few more before the season is done and also before the Scottish Cup is won.

Even someone as optimistic as me knows that winning the cup is a big ask, but anything can happen in the cup.🏆 We will enjoy the day and hope to be giant killers again.

This club has built memories that they could only ever have dreamed of at the time of the merger.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

For the final Peat and Diesel should be approached to do the pre-match music starting with ....

Teuchters all let us rejoice
For we are young and free
We've golden soil and wealth for toil
Our home is girt by sea
Our land abounds in nature's gifts
Of beauty, rich and rare
In history's page let every stage
Advance Teuchters fair
In joyful strains then let us sing
Advance Teuchters fair

Should bring a smile to Celtic's Manager.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

For the final Peat and Diesel should be approached to do the pre-match music

Brilliant idea - one of their catchy tunes with easy to learn lyrics are just what we need.

Not sure if any of them are Celtic fans 😕.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic