Countdown to Hampden (v Falkirk)

Robert

40 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

With Celtic having such a huge support, that is probably an issue regardless of what our allocation is.  It needs Celtic to warn supporters that if they are found to have bought a ticket from our allocation, they will be banned from Celtic games next season and, if they are a ST holder, removed from the ST list.

Why would Celtic care or want to help Caley on the day! If they have a few thousand tic fans in the ICT end that helps their cause on the day (god knows they have enough of an advantage)! 
Wallpaper talk of Celtic telling their fans to not buy ICT tickets is for the gullible. The Green Brigade heed their every word!! 

The reality is highland ‘tic’ fans will be buying up our tickets.  On one of the last Celtic matches in Inverness it was when we scored I found out I had to look round for another ICT fan to celebrate with (another row up). The rest around me in the north stand were stone silent. 

I’ll throw in another direct link - Charlie bhoy Christie makes no apology in declaring where his loyalist are! You could call him Celtic's (free) highland youth coach and eyes. Wonder how many ICT tickets he gets for his group of mates. 

At the end of the day it simply comes down to money. The board simply will flog as many tickets they can get their hands on to any one that will pay for them! Our average attendance for the past few seasons is kicking around 2250. Any allocation over 5000 is the SFA being benevolent to our board! 

Edited by big cherly
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, big cherly said:

Why would Celtic care or want to help Caley on the day!

It is not a question of helping ICT, it is a question of preventing trouble and their club getting fined or having sanctions taken against them for the behaviour of their fans.

Ludicrous post. We should get as many tickets as we can sell. Cup finals are a different game so average league attendances shouldn't come into ir. How many times of Celtic's season ticket holders attended the Morton cup tie for example loo

8000 is low, 10000 may be enough.

I assume the club will prioritise season ticket holders again, but the number made available to each needs to be more than 1.

I attend every home game, but my wife hates football but wants to come to the final. I need to be able to get 2 tickets as a result, and to sit with the person I attend games with, who’s wife also wants to attend.

Many will be in the same boat.

50/50 is unrealistic but we need enough to cope with our likely support, whether regulars or fair weather fans and glory seekers.

Hopefully all is confirmed quickly. 

If the kick off time is earlier and with the disdain the authorities have for the fans it wouldn't surprise me, I would say 10-12k would be plenty seats. May possibly get another couple of thousand if the time is more amenable. 

6 hours ago, Huisdean said:

Ludicrous post. We should get as many tickets as we can sell. Cup finals are a different game so average league attendances shouldn't come into ir. How many times of Celtic's season ticket holders attended the Morton cup tie for example loo

And using your proposal we sell 1500 tickets to highland tic fans! 

1 hour ago, WYNESS101 said:

Was there a number put on how many tickets fans can buy in the last final?

Well, I bought 5, at the stadium.   Me, my wife - and 3 of her (Stenny-supporting) relatives from Falkirk.

John Hughes was ahead of me in the queue.  Was amused when I said "I thought they'd have given you tickets!".

18 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

10,000 is enough tickets. 5.30 is a disgrace

Any kick off time other than 3 pm ensures the fans travelling 180 miles and more are disadvantaged to the point that shifting 10k tickets might not even be possible.

Extra night in Glasgow with accommodation and expenses...good for business huh!?

Can’t see us taking the full allocation now tbh. Public transport after the game not an option. Buses will be scarce as Celtic supporters will hire buses as well and don’t forget all the cruise ships in Invergordon the buses go there all the time as well. Will either be stop over in Glasgow or own transport which isn’t an option for everyone. Being shafted for another country’s cup final is an absolute disgrace 😡

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

After a few minutes to take this in, I am seriously considering not going.

Maybe we could all not go as a protest. Celtic could have the entire ticket allocation, we could attend/hire venues in Inverness to see the game and save a fortune, but the club would still get half the gate money.

The club and team would understand that our protest had nothing to do with our hopes for them, but everything to do with our club being treated like sh*t. We could post lots of positivity before the game for the team, encourage local shops and businesses to put up displays and use the press to give a voice to our rage.

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

Puts me off a bit going to the game now, as a woman probably going by myself to the match, I don't drive so transport harder for me, lots of drinking time for Celtic supporters, don't mind that but if they are in the ICT end that puts me off and a mad kick off time it's put a bit of a dampener on the final now

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

After a few minutes to take this in, I am seriously considering not going.

Maybe we could all not go as a protest. Celtic could have the entire ticket allocation, we could attend/hire venues in Inverness to see the game and save a fortune, but the club would still get half the gate money.

The club and team would understand that our protest had nothing to do with our hopes for them, but everything to do with our club being treated like sh*t. We could post lots of positivity before the game for the team, encourage local shops and businesses to put up displays and use the press to give a voice to our rage.

I get what you are saying but....

I never thought I'd see ICT in a SC final so soon after the last time. So I will be there even if at midnight on the moon!! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

The club’s statement, also indicating we may get ticket news tomorrow:

https://ictfc.com/club-statement-scottish-cup-final/ 

I fully understand the comments above but I’m definitely going. Who’d have thought when we “lost” to Queens Park on 31 January that we’d be at Hampden on 3 June for our second Scottish Cup final in eight years!

I also think it is time for the small number of negative posters on here to recognise the (albeit unexpected) achievement and be more positive in their posts. Yes, they may want a change of Manager or in the Boardroom, but now is a time to enjoy the moment. Goodness knows when it may happen again.

That said, we must focus on Friday and get the win we need to get into the play offs. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
On 5/3/2023 at 10:20 PM, TheCaleyOne said:

I will still be going, as people say you don't get these opportunities for finals often but it just makes things , travel etc more tricky to arrange 

As a genuine question to the rational,  let me ask a straight question, how many ICT fans do you think we have in the following groups 

1) ICT ave season ticket holders for the last 5  seasons - I’m sure ICT know but I do not have these figures.

2) Thea ave home attendance for the same period? 

Where I a. going with this is ICT do not in my opinion have a fan base beyond a couple of thousand. We may have a couple of hundred of fans that will come along for an important game, or where the Celtic, rangers,Hearts or maybe Hibs come to town but that’s  about it. 

The romantic and blinkered may believe there is 5 or 6 thousand  dormant ICT supporters just waiting for the return to the hallowed top league. But in the cold light of day we (ICT) have never shown any core support above 3000. Even when we were ‘flying’ in the top league.

We may have fans from each of the previous mentioned (and a handful of the rest) that show up for the odd ICT game, but that’s as good as it gets. 

For me if we want to increase the fans base it’s long term (20 yr) and incremental. That means free tickets for local and remote primary schools each home game. The board will boak at the idea of providing such an offer free but that’s where our long term survival (not these jokers) will be found. 

Going to the cup final is really just a day out in the national stadium in Glasgow. Any idea we may catch Celtic out for on the day is I am afraid  for the fanciful, I can only suggest those that fall into this category do not place any of their hard earned money on ICT winning. It’s throwing your money away! You have a better chance of putting money on how few ICT will let in!!! 

• Agree 1