Aaron Doran appearances

Yngwie

Most of the attention of the stattos was understandably on Billy reach8ng 100 goals on Saturday, but whenAaron came off the bench, he moved onto 369 appearances and overtook Grant Munro to go 2nd in our all time appearances list. He needs another 220 appearances to catch Tokely, but 2nd is still quite an achievement!

Interestingly but not unsurprisingly, a lot of Doran’s appearances have been off the bench - 104 of them. So in terms of starts, he is 8th on the list, behind Tokely, Munro, Hastings, Duncan, McBain, Wilson and Charlie.

Aaron has 53 goals for us, 7th highest on the all time list.

• Like 3
  • Thank You 2

On 5/3/2023 at 10:50 AM, STFU said:

He's young enough to be able to play long enough to take the record.  Get him signed up for next season.

Sorry, but I think his time is up. Club legend definitely, but I think he is past his best and it's time to part ways. 

(Expecting an tsunami of grief now)

Needed him on last night for the 2nd half. No idea if he's injured or otherwise but only real creative player we have, surround him with the other guys and let him get some space to at least pass or try turn a man.

Sad end if he is away that a club servant of this duration never even got a run out in the last game and not accepting he couldn't have been on instead of Woods.

Probably see him at Elgin or HL next year.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Duke of Inverness said:

Sorry, but I think his time is up. Club legend definitely, but I think he is past his best and it's time to part ways. 

(Expecting an tsunami of grief now)

He may be past his best, but his best was smoking it for us in the top division, and if not for some injury issues, could/should have played at a higher level.

He might not have the same pace he used to, but he has experience and smarts.  Still more than enough in his game to be an important player for us in the Championship and if we don't get him signed up, then I'll put money on him ending up OTB if/when they are relegated.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Needed him on last night for the 2nd half. No idea if he's injured or otherwise but only real creative player we have, surround him with the other guys and let him get some space to at least pass or try turn a man.

Sad end if he is away that a club servant of this duration never even got a run out in the last game and not accepting he couldn't have been on instead of Woods.

Probably see him at Elgin or HL next year.

You are right there. Woods has done nothing for us since he came on loan. 

Doran has obviously lost the pace he had on the wing in his younger days, but he is a creative player with a good football brain, and I thought he was a shoe-in to play behind Billy Mckay, threading through passes and creating chances, injuries permitting. If we can offer Doran another year contract, I believe he would be beneficial for the squad and for another push for the championship. 

• Agree 4

38 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Doran has obviously lost the pace he had on the wing in his younger days, but he is a creative player with a good football brain, and I thought he was a shoe-in to play behind Billy Mckay, threading through passes and creating chances, injuries permitting. If we can offer Doran another year contract, I believe he would be beneficial for the squad and for another push for the championship. 

Big mistake not playing him there last night imho 

• Agree 4

I don't know what he has left to offer tbh, his legs have gone - twice put through on goal this season and tripped himself whilst running/preparing to shoot.

Been peripheral for the last few years at best.

It is very hard for players to make an impact when they get five or ten minutes every so often. Players need a run of games to bed in and for their confidence to grow, Shaw being a prime example, he was used sparingly at first, but once he got a run of games he has shown his potential. 

• Agree 2