Viaplay want 12.15 Kick Off

Is it just Viaplay though? Given the BBC will be screening both I'd imagine they are also heavily involved.

Anyway, changing the KO time for the Scottish Cup final because of a match in another country sums up the tinpot nature of the game here.

• Agree 2

You wouldn't expect a loss-making Swedish streaming service to have much consideration for any supporters.

You say "want" - does that mean it's not a done deal?  Time for the Sweet F A to remember what the 'F' stands for, and give the Swedes the traditional advice about sex and travel.

• Agree 2

It’s understandable why the broadcasters would want to avoid a clash with another big match that day even if it is in another country - but I’d be interested to know who calls the shots on this. Have the SFA entered into a contract which allows a broadcaster to dictate and change the kick off time? If not, then why don’t the SFA just shut down the conversation and say sorry, it’s 3pm on Saturday and it would be inconvenient for supporters to make it earlier so tough luck?

• Agree 3

That the SFA have not come out to rubbish this story suggests to the very cynical part of me that there is more than a grain of truth in the story.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 2

2015 FA Cup Final kicked off at 5:30PM ... obviously didnt want to be overshadowed by ICT -V- Falkirk game that kicked off at 3PM the same day. Managed to convert a few TFC & Arsenal fans to ICT that day 🙂

image.jpeg

The cynic in me says if there is money on the table (or under it) then it will be moved away from 3pm, especially as the FA has confirmed Man Utd -V- Man City as 3PM (assuming the proposed rail strike doesn't kybosh all of that). Logic dictates that they will go for the earlier kickoff for the SFA final as they never want to give fans too much time to get tanked up before the match. Time to set the alarm clocks folks!  

58 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

But perhaps a 17.30 kick off would allow more time for pre-match preparations ?

54 minutes ago, RiG said:

A late KO scuppers fans who may want to get public transport back north after the match.

Aint gonna happen IMHO ... Police Scotland will quosh that idea citing public order concerns. Gives @IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER way too much time for all those Voddies. 

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, RiG said:

A late KO scuppers fans who may want to get public transport back north after the match.

As usual there is no thought for the supporters out-with the "old firm" all they care about is money coming in :swear:

• Agree 2

So neither clubs wanted it. Seems they were barely consulted. The majority of the fans seem against it. Debatable if the players like the idea. All this to appease the BBC and Viaplay so they can screen another match from a different country which may still overlap with the SCF. The SFA deserve all the pelters they are getting for this pathetic decision.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

So neither clubs wanted it. Seems they were barely consulted. The majority of the fans seem against it. Debatable if the players like the idea. All this to appease the BBC and Viaplay so they can screen another match from a different country which may still overlap with the SCF. The SFA deserve all the pelters they are getting for this pathetic decision.

To be honest it suits me. Gives us a better build up on the day. Obviously I can see why people up north would object but it’s better than the early kickoff which I was almost all but conceding to. 

6 minutes ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

Newsflash -that is most of us.

It wouldn’t stop me if I was up in Inverness though. Book some accommodation down in Glasgow on the Saturday night and make a great weekend of it. 

This games not coming around again any time soon. I will savour every moment of the build up this time.

Just now, ICTPAISLEY said:

This games not coming around again any time soon. I will savour every moment of the build up this time.

Every eight years :lol:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

6 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

It wouldn’t stop me if I was up in Inverness though. Book some accommodation down in Glasgow on the Saturday night and make a great weekend of it. 

We have hotels booked but it's now megabucks to stay. All this has kinda taken the shine off tbh 

2 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

All this has kinda taken the shine off tbh 

I'm sure we will come down and stay somewhere probably, but you are right - it just sucks the fun out of it all. It also takes away the opportunity to party all the way home on the train (always fun - win or lose) and more partying in Inverness later. I think I would have even preferred the early kick off, but I'm disgusted that we are expected to accept either option instead of the 3pm kick off.

• Like 1